Congratulations To Tvc, 1 Million Posts!

PlanetMan

Not a troll, nor a spammer...

Perhaps a wee bit premature... But we can't all be perfect.

Thought is pleasant enough...

Oh, and if you include all the deleted'by'admin/mods posts then we could be at a million already.

Not a troll, nor a spammer...

Perhaps a wee bit premature... But we can't all be perfect.

Thought is pleasant enough...

Oh, and if you include all the deleted'by'admin/mods posts then we could be at a million already.

Where can one find the tally, or must one add the posts of each individual room?

What is the date this forum started?

Where can one find the tally, or must one add the posts of each individual room?

If you click on the Forum index page and scroll to the bottom, you'll see something like this:

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 978,927 posts

We have 36,871 registered members

The newest member is yhyong681

Most users ever online was 2,867 on 2006-09-20 10:37:50

I utterly failed to anticipate that my message could possibly cause any offense. But my sincere good wishes and thanks to the folks at TVC remain. Best of luck towards your continuing success!

PlanetMan, maybe you (or some other knowledgeable member) could do an extrapilation going on average daily posts to get a close approximation of the day we will reach that magic number.

Based on the statistics I posted 2 days ago, I checked the number of posts at 7:51am this morning and it was 982,062.

That's 3,135 posts in 2 days, or 1567.5 posts per day.

Projecting this number forward as a daily post count, one could expect the millionth post to occur sometime during the evening on the 28th or early morning of the 29th of this month.

But that projection assumes a lot and is based only on the last 2 days worth of posts.

:o

Based on the statistics I posted 2 days ago, I checked the number of posts at 7:51am this morning and it was 982,062.

Projecting this number forward as a daily post count, one could expect the millionth post to occur sometime during the evening on the 28th or early morning of the 29th of this month.

But that projection assumes a lot and is based only on the last 2 days worth of posts.

See you did use some of that mathematics you learned in Uni after leaving. It was not a total waste of time. :D

Each thread in each of the 50 or so rooms has it's own tally. Is there any way to know which post will actually be the one millionth post?

Hey... I'm back at home, again... so at an average of 40 posts a day when i'm home, I reckon we'll get there... :D

See you did use some of that mathematics you learned in Uni after leaving. It was not a total waste of time. :D

Nah, mate...I think Dr PP gave him some software, he just needs to click a few tabs or something..., I reckon... :D

Each thread in each of the 50 or so rooms has it's own tally. Is there any way to know which post will actually be the one millionth post?

If punters are being encouraged to wager on the time of the millionth post them some consideration should be given to day-of-week and time-of-day variability in the rate of posts. I'm guessing it will be posted sometime Tuesday morning in Bangkok.

To determine the millionth post, would it be a simple SQL query run after the count exceeded 1 million?

Regardless of how is is done, the impressive thing is that it has been done at all. Look around, there are many forum sites on the Web; this level of popularity is uncommon. Kudos to the TVC team; what they've done is bloody difficult!

one could expect the millionth post to occur sometime during the evening on the 28th or early morning of the 29th of this month.

I expect to be in Bangkok by then. Where’s the party going to be?

---------------

Maestro