NorthernJohn

theDukes

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it easy NJ and I hope you are back on your feet soon. Northern John always seemed like a decent poster to me and Hello Dolly was fine to. No idea why he was removed from the forum.

Yes, he went down the ​memory hole ​as HelloDolly and re-emerged as NorthernJohn.

He had spunk, and his often eccentric posts were usually entertaining.

I agree with you... he seemed fundamentally decent.

Wishing him a full recovery.

We were only chatting on the 19th about his decision to leave a health matter another year (not stroke related), and his upcoming plan to go to Seattle with his wife. We chatted about a few other things and he was generally upbeat about things, positive and forward looking. The news of his stroke has shook me quite a lot and I sincerely hope he recovers to the point where he can have a decent quality of life.

None of us know what's in store or when..

Just keep fighting NJ, keep fighting like you can.thumbsup.gif

You have made me shake my head, you have made me laugh and I have always enjoyed your malapropisms. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

NJ's plight might be a timely warning to some of us. My cardiologist in Australia said every man over 50 should take a mini aspirin a day to help avoid a stroke.

Does anyone have an update regarding his condition?

Does anyone know what hospital he is in?

Not for the purpose of a possibly unwelcome visit, but to find out how he is doing.

He's still in ICU and as of yesterday, still not breathing on his own. He opened his eyes a few times but didn't show any recognition. Docs say it's going to be a long haul...

Does anyone have an update regarding his condition?

Does anyone know what hospital he is in?

Not for the purpose of a possibly unwelcome visit, but to find out how he is doing.

He's still in ICU and as of yesterday, still not breathing on his own. He opened his eyes a few times but didn't show any recognition. Docs say it's going to be a long haul...

That sonds like a major stroke, hope he gets better soon

Get well soon NJsmile.png

He was always nattered and impeded by his health wasnt he?

I had a few conversations with him and invited him to come walking with me.

This is one small snippet, you can see his trademark spelling gaffs and vocabulary even here

Me:

Why dont you try the walk around wat Palaad, at the foot of doi suthep. one hour or so to do the loop, leisurely but wouldnt want to aggravate hip joints obviously, but if gentle excercise is what may benefit you...its a nice peaceful stroll.
I go regularly with some tv members..all enjoy immensely. If its a gentle push you need...you can come with me one day.
take care

NJ:

Sounds good to me. I probably won't keep up but it would bbe a good thing for me to do and this is a good gentle push.
Just got into Krabi today will be here for a week. Definatly interested in it though. Not sure where Wat Palaad is but I imagine a tuk tuk driver would.

Just what kind of ground is it level up and down hill and daale?

I follow this forum and have decided to sign up in order that I may add my very best wishes for a decent recovery.

NJ in his younger days was always a hard worker, he is honest, has a good sense of humor and straight forward.

I can only hope that he recovers well enough to have some quality of life, he's a fighter, he can do it!

It's really nice to see so many positive comments and get well messages.

Hopefully someone who visits, can whisper in his ear that many people are thinking about him.

When I mentioned that TV posters were saying nice things about him, I could have sworn that there was a faint flicker of a smile.

It's nice to see folks pulling together, albeit over such sad circumstances.

Jay has passed. My condolences to his son and family, particularly his wife. He was a fun guy that loved to stir the pot. He must have pulled me aside 50 times in the last 10 years to tell me his new name on ThaiVisa or to talk about what he was messing with. He got a kick out of it. Here's to Jay.