Thai Men--What Can Thailand Do?

hdkane

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"They typically have long arrest records."

That told me all I wanted to know about the post and the person that made it. What a crock! I'm no fan of Thai men but to say that kinda crap is absolutely ludicrous.

Please pull your head out.

In our village a staggering number of young guys have a previous arrest, usually for drug possession. In fact, just talked with my wife about this, the six nearest houses to us all have at least one male arrested in the last year to 18 months for yaba.

Hitchens's razor: "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

...and not a single citation was found in this entire thread.

Edit: interesting anecdotes, though, which makes the thread worth reading. Still, no evidence proving or disproving the OP's claim.

Edited by fishbrando

One of the most clear and blatant rituals used to inculcate Thai males with a sense of entitlement is the penis-kissing of babies.

If you've been involved with a working-class or peasant (farming) Thai family, you either recognize EXACTLY what I'm talking about, or you're deeply in denial.

It goes like this: the mother, grandmother and aunties gather around the male baby, taking turns smooching its stomach, and from time to time, directly kiss the penis. Sometimes, they'll out and out suck it. And sometimes, if the little guy gets a baby stiffy, they'll applaud the event.

My girlfriend even commented on this treatment of her grandson (by herself and various aunts of the baby): "Oh, he just loves having his penis kissed."

Um...yeah. I think that statement applies to males of any age, pretty much worldwide. Duh.

Mind you...I am NOT accusing working class and peasant Thai women of Thai sexual abuse. For them, this activity is not sexual in the least. They're just "tickling" the baby.

But let's get real...in the male baby's unconscious, it is most CERTAINLY sexual. Psychiatrists would have a field day with the implications. Our very early experiences as children--yes, as infants--shape who we become sexually as adults in an undeniable way.

For me, the subconscious message to the Thai male is clear: "if my mother, grandmother and aunts would suck me off, well, any <deleted> bitch I meet as an adult damn well better be willing to...for I am the MALE, and I deserve to have my desires satisfied..." This goes a long way to explaining why a Thai man would, and often does, break the jaw of a woman who would deny him the genital servicing he became used to from a (VERY) early age...

having lived here for almost 10 years I can admit that I find Thais in general to be much more pleasant and friendly people than Europeans and Americans

Maybe your just not well received amongst other westerners.... Or possibly misunderstood? :)

One of the most clear and blatant rituals used to inculcate Thai males with a sense of entitlement is the penis-kissing of babies.

If you've been involved with a working-class or peasant (farming) Thai family, you either recognize EXACTLY what I'm talking about, or you're deeply in denial.

It goes like this: the mother, grandmother and aunties gather around the male baby, taking turns smooching its stomach, and from time to time, directly kiss the penis. Sometimes, they'll out and out suck it. And sometimes, if the little guy gets a baby stiffy, they'll applaud the event.

My girlfriend even commented on this treatment of her grandson (by herself and various aunts of the baby): "Oh, he just loves having his penis kissed."

Um...yeah. I think that statement applies to males of any age, pretty much worldwide. Duh.

Mind you...I am NOT accusing working class and peasant Thai women of Thai sexual abuse. For them, this activity is not sexual in the least. They're just "tickling" the baby.

But let's get real...in the male baby's unconscious, it is most CERTAINLY sexual. Psychiatrists would have a field day with the implications. Our very early experiences as children--yes, as infants--shape who we become sexually as adults in an undeniable way.

For me, the subconscious message to the Thai male is clear: "if my mother, grandmother and aunts would suck me off, well, any <deleted> bitch I meet as an adult damn well better be willing to...for I am the MALE, and I deserve to have my desires satisfied..." This goes a long way to explaining why a Thai man would, and often does, break the jaw of a woman who would deny him the genital servicing he became used to from a (VERY) early age...

The "baby stiffy" issue is interesting. What about the lil fellas who don't get one of those? Are they future ladyboys? Are they forever uninterested in sex? Are they, ahem, "normal?"

It certainly describes many Thai males i know , always looking for a hand up or an easy baht, but never looking for employment.

Oh dear, after 24 years here I think I am in danger of 'going native.'

I seem to be following the Thai mans way ...

Absolute bullshit

Don't know which part of Thailand you live in, I have never seen any Thai women doing ANYTHING LIKE THIS.....

Don't know which part of Thailand you live in, I have never seen any Thai women doing ANYTHING LIKE THIS.....

These people are knocking around with in-breds and fringe-dwellers in the bush (the "real" Thailand, apparently) and then holding up the weird and wonderful things they see as mainstream behaviour

Nope

Time to legalize euthanasia

Yes it is. and it's coming. Once the elderly on benefits in the west outnumber the workers, who thinks it won't? Also, who are these damn politicians to tell me that I have to die screaming or as a drooling imbecile. It's my life, I want to end it when I want.

The fault lies with Thai women. They spoil their sons

The fault lies with "Asian" women, they spoil their sons.....there, I fixed it smile.png

Also grandsons. Many Thai children are raised by their grandparents, and they DO spoil them.

Now we know, what, if anything can be done about it?

A long racist diatribe.

Agree. And completely made-up. I don't believe one word of the OP. It takes a seriously disturbed individual to just make up crap like that.

Or someone seriously in denial to not believe it.

It may or may not be factual, but there is no question that females severally outnumber males in the work force here.

A long racist diatribe.

Agree. And completely made-up. I don't believe one word of the OP. It takes a seriously disturbed individual to just make up crap like that.

It may or may not be factual, but there is no question that females severally outnumber males in the work force here.

There are more women in Thailand than men, so it stands to reason that there would be more women in the workforce. But even if the OP were to pull 5:1 out of his ass, it will still be grossly inaccurate. Yet you think 27:1 is realistic/possible? Seriously? Sorry, but anyone who believes that is a complete moron.

... for every man that works and contributes to the economy, there are 27 women working. Amazing--an employment differential of 27:1.

The working age population of Thailand is approximately 47,000,000.

Taking that 27:1 differential as fact would mean that there are fewer than 1.7 million Thai men in regular employment, which is difficult to believe.

The Thai military alone employs around 300,000 men.

Isn't it even worse than that? If there are 23.5 million working women then the OP suggests there are only 850,000 working men !!!

A long racist diatribe.

"It may or may not be factual, but there is no question that females severally outnumber males in the work force here. "

So it may or may not be true/factual, but it is true because you say so?

How could you possibly reach that conclusion, dubious logic aside? And how do you define "workforce?" Being employed isn't limited to 7-Eleven cashiers and Gogo bar staff.

Women and men, together, have continued to have high economic participation since then, which is reflected in the high female labor force participation rate of Thailand, which is one of the highest in the world in the last decade. In 2010, the female labor force participation rate of Thai women over the age of 15 years was reported to be at approximately 64% and in 1990 was reported to be as high as 76% . In 2011, women's labor force participation rate of Thailand was 65.5% while men's labor force participation rate was 80.7%.

- United Nations Development Programme 2011

- World Bank 2012

I did find this Google citation which supports the existence of this practice, although it does not appear to be widespread in Thailand.

http://listverse.com/2014/05/03/10-weirdest-birth-customs-from-around-the-world/ :

The Manchu, an ethnic minority in China, have a weird way of showing their love for their newborns. Their public displays of affection extend even to the child’s genitals. Girls receive joyous genital tickling, while the boys receive full-on fellatio from their mothers. Similar practices go on in some other cultures, among some people in Thailand, Japan, and India.

The act isn’t intended as sexual at all. Interestingly, the Manchu do consider kisses to always be sexual, even when given to a family member or child, so Manchu parents will never kiss their child’s face.

With that said, I think the idea that this practice subconsciously inculcates a sense of sexual entitlement in Thai male's is nonsense. Is everyone who has been circumcised at risk for gender disphoria as well?

Edited by Gecko123

Got the issue with my wife's brother. Good family of hard workers but at 19 he wants to just stay in his room and play on the internet all day. Won't do a thing to help the family. Hope his number comes up for the military when he draws soon.

Got the issue with my wife's brother. Good family of hard workers but at 19 he wants to just stay in his room and play on the internet all day. Won't do a thing to help the family. Hope his number comes up for the military when he draws soon.

My wife's nephew just came for the weekend ( he lives near the uni ). Arrived at 2am so everyone had to be woken up to let him in. Did his laundry on my washing machine with my water and electric, ate my wife's food and left eveything on the table after finishing. Didn't do a sodding thing to help, like wash the dishes or sweep up the leaves, just used my tv and fan all day.

Of course I can't say a thing, or I'll be the bad guy. What is it about Thai families not doing anything about obvious bad behaviour by family members? Seems that in my Thai family it just simmers till someone hits someone else.

He 18 and doesn't seem to be interested in finding a girlfriend ( or boyfriend as the case may be ). Wish he would, then he might not turn up every weekend like the proverbial bad penny.

Getting so bad, I'm thinking of moving far far away.

My wife's nephew just came for the weekend ( he lives near the uni ). Arrived at 2am so everyone had to be woken up to let him in. Did his laundry on my washing machine with my water and electric, ate my wife's food and left eveything on the table after finishing. Didn't do a sodding thing to help, like wash the dishes or sweep up the leaves, just used my tv and fan all day.

Of course I can't say a thing, or I'll be the bad guy. What is it about Thai families not doing anything about obvious bad behaviour by family members? Seems that in my Thai family it just simmers till someone hits someone else.

He 18 and doesn't seem to be interested in finding a girlfriend ( or boyfriend as the case may be ). Wish he would, then he might not turn up every weekend like the proverbial bad penny.

Sorry to tell you this but the likelihood of any members of the family putting limits or boundaries on your nephew's behaviour is probably Buckley's and none.

A more likely scenario is that he gets some female pregnant and they both dump the child on you-which has recently happened to a friend of mine.

I thought that I had successfully put boundaries on my stepson's behaviour as he was doing precisely the same thing and more-by banning him from the house-but after four years I realize now that it has all come back to haunt me.

How dare I do that to a Thai male and the beloved (and obviously penis licked at birth) only son?

This very morning my Thai lawyer accompanied me to my Thai accountant's office to negotiate the return of my property without having to resort to the onerous court filing process here (again). My Thai lawyer stayed the course of verbiage of my Thai accountant's drawn out of excuses and obfuscations and won. Both are Thai men. And I've known both for 20 years. The Thai accountant is a POS. The lawyer, not so much. Don't tar them all with the same brush, but erring on the side of caution always a given. Same goes for the farang here. Whom I'd never touch with a bargepole.

You honestly believe that 19-year olds in the West are any different?

Rape,child abuse,sexual assault,incest...Wow,that must be some village you live in! bah.gif

Rape,child abuse,sexual assault,incest...Wow,that must be some village you live in! bah.gif

I don't know what Thailand these people live in, women don't molest babies by sucking their dicks in the Thailand I live in....

I have seen relatives pick up a baby and hug or kiss it on the forehead.... Maybe I've just been lucky but it is something I have never witnessed nor hope to ever witness...

In the ops defense. The 27:1 ratio is within "income tax paying" Thais. Millions of Thai men are taxi drivers, laborers, market vendors etc. They are not paying income tax. The op is talking about the portion of the Thai population that are payed a salary and pay income tax. within that group, the ratio is 27:1. I would tend to agree, based on everyday observations. Go to a bank, factory, supermarket, 711 etc. mostly woman employees.

90% of daily contact with Thais, gov, shopping, banking, anyone in a salaried position, is usually a woman. I would tend to think the figures are true, within the demographic of tax paying Thai people.

You honestly believe that 19-year olds in the West are any different?

Children are the product of the parent's training. Good parents are like hen's teeth. Apparently that is as true in my home country as it is in Thailand.

Sorry to tell you this but the likelihood of any members of the family putting limits or boundaries on your nephew's behaviour is probably Buckley's and none.

A more likely scenario is that he gets some female pregnant and they both dump the child on you-which has recently happened to a friend of mine.

I thought that I had successfully put boundaries on my stepson's behaviour as he was doing precisely the same thing and more-by banning him from the house-but after four years I realize now that it has all come back to haunt me.

How dare I do that to a Thai male and the beloved (and obviously penis licked at birth) only son?

Re the dumping of a baby on me. I'd actually be really happy if that happened. I have no desire to perpetuate my genes in this world, but if I was given a child to raise I'd have a purpose to live for, other than watching stupid tv shows and waffling on TV. My wife would be ecstatic, given that she'd undoubtedly love having a child. She just doesn't have time to raise one herself.

Star member,

Sorry TV won't list the quote.

A most interesting post.Yes "I'd have a purpose to live for" touches upon some facets of live for some foreigners up here in Issanland.I have kind of adopted two children aged 2 and 3 1/2 years whose father abandoned their mother one week after the birth of the second child.She is a waitress who worked in my wife's restaurant and I have chosen (my wife too)to help out wherever we can.