Choked to death - "Kapow Moo" was pub owner's last supper

webfact

Choked to death - "Kapow Moo" was pub owner's last supper

s4p.jpg
Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- A well known pub owner choked to death after stopping for a bite to eat at a restaurant in Samut Prakarn on Monday evening.

Police found Winai Phaithaisong, 42, dead next to his plate of sliced pork with basil over rice, reported Daily News.

The deceased man was the owner of the "Khor Lao" pub and boss of the car care facility at the Somjit gas station, both well known businesses in the area.

His private driver Wira Puphala, 44, said they had been on business to Chacherngsao and were on their way back when his boss said he was hungry so they stopped for a bite to eat in the restaurant on the ground floor of Suthin Mansion in downtown Samut Prakarn.

When he had nearly finished his meal Winai started choking and slumped head first into his plate. Efforts to help the gasping victim failed and medics were called but it was too late.

Police found Winai dead next to his last meal with rice and eating utensils scattered around. There were no signs of foul play. The body was sent to the Police Hospital for autopsy but police believed he choked on his dinner after food blocked his windpipe.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-28

Pity nobody knew enough first aid to clear what might of been not too difficult to clear.

Biro case to the throat might have been the last effort.

What a way t go. Pigs revenge.

Edited by neverdie

Minced pork and rice ....... wouldn't the pieces be too small to choke to death on.

I though you would need something big enough to block the entire throat.

What about the young girl in the photo, wife, daughter, girlfriend .... or just a very compassionate waitress?

Edited by MissAndry

Minced pork and rice ....... wouldn't the pieces be too small to choke to death on.

I though you would need something big enough to block the entire throat.

What about the young girl in the photo, wife, daughter, girlfriend .... or just a very compassionate waitress?

How do you know it was minced? It isn't always. Could have been a piece of gristle and bone that went down the wrong way. I've certainly experienced distress from swallowing something the wrong way. Yes, be careful, and slow down before committing to swallowing!

Pity nobody knew enough first aid to clear what might of been not too difficult to clear.

Yes true if you know where to cut with out killing him.

In the midst of life, we are in death.

Yes so true its always around the next corner lurking waiting. Some engage it early in life others get a "full warranty" life. This has always amazed me. I am 78 now maybe I have a fairy godmother or a deceased ancestor who watches over me. Well I must soldier on till the grim reaper stares me in the face. When its time its time no do overs. I just fell off of my bicycle a couple hours ago and my right eye is really swelled up but I got back on again. Not my time for trouble I guess. Try to be a good person now.

Beware, Only a few Thais know CPR and those are the Thais coming to pronounce you dead. And even those paramedics probably don't know the Heinrich Maneuver. Better hope your mate was a Boy Scout.

It's beyond that and not only in Thailand.

If you try to help, with some rough idea of how to do it, imagine if it doesn't work and/or it does work and you break someone's bones or damage internal organs.

Then you've assaulted someone.

I do think there is a Thai cultural thing of not getting involved with stranger's problem's like this as well.

Edited by Jingthing

heimlich and other techniques don't always work. I worked with a guy back in Canada whose 2 year old daughter choked to death on a piece of sausage in a mall. There was a nurse on hand that tried everything to clear her airway but was unsuccessful. A horrible tragedy.

Take you time when eating and try not to talk and laugh too much, save it for after the meal.

In the midst of life, we are in death.

Yes so true its always around the next corner lurking waiting. Some engage it early in life others get a "full warranty" life. This has always amazed me. I am 78 now maybe I have a fairy godmother or a deceased ancestor who watches over me. Well I must soldier on till the grim reaper stares me in the face. When its time its time no do overs. I just fell off of my bicycle a couple hours ago and my right eye is really swelled up but I got back on again. Not my time for trouble I guess. Try to be a good person now.

80 is like 50 used to be. The concerning thing is all these young ones falling off the perch, or balcony. Life expectancy for the young is falling in many countries while for the middle aged/seniors it's increasing. I don't get it.

I'm surprised there aren't more choking incidents with the amount of rubbish (cartilages, bones, pieces of wood, shells) most Thai cooks often leave in their non-royal Thai cuisine dishes.

To me, it just ruins dishes when I have 2 or 3 unpleasant bits in every mouthfull.

Out of interest, how to ask in Thai for fine food preparation, i.e. without any rubbish?

do some restaurants offer this and is it advertised?

Edited by manarak

Beware, Only a few Thais know CPR and those are the Thais coming to pronounce you dead. And even those paramedics probably don't know the Heinrich Maneuver. Better hope your mate was a Boy Scout.

It's beyond that and not only in Thailand.

If you try to help, with some rough idea of how to do it, imagine if it doesn't work and/or it does work and you break someone's bones or damage internal organs.

Then you've assaulted someone.

I do think there is a Thai cultural thing of not getting involved with stranger's problem's like this as well.

Which translates to a Thai cultural problem.

80 is like 50 used to be. The concerning thing is all these young ones falling off the perch, or balcony. Life expectancy for the young is falling in many countries while for the middle aged/seniors it's increasing. I don't get it.

Life expectancy hasn't changed for thousands of years.

Once you exclude childhood death and violence from the statistics.

Socrates was 70 when he died in 400BC, and he was executed.

heimlich and other techniques don't always work. I worked with a guy back in Canada whose 2 year old daughter choked to death on a piece of sausage in a mall. There was a nurse on hand that tried everything to clear her airway but was unsuccessful. A horrible tragedy.

Take you time when eating and try not to talk and laugh too much, save it for after the meal.

Also , before commencing any meal always drink a glass of water first to open and lubricate the passageways. I often used to get a blocked throat before observing this simple preventative.

Yes true if you know where to cut with out killing him.

Not to mention the shit you will be in if he dies anyway, they will blame you for his death instantly. Heimlich maneuver is as far as i would go mate.