Euronews in Ungarian Language now?

As we know, TMN must be one of the worst TV cable provider worldwide. But now, Euronews in hungarian? Serious? It's a beautiful language based on Finnish.Love it. But please, switch it back to English, or Nederlands, or Deutsch, or Italiano.

But Hungarian? <deleted>

AND; We don't need Fox News, better CNBC. Even CNN would be better then the stupid Fox News channel. It's a wonder we still get Bloomberg.

I suspect nothing more than a screwup from feed uplink control "engineers" who can't even tell the difference between English and Hungarian and selected the wrong feed on their control screen.

But hey... who watches Euronews anyway wink.png

Edited by Lannig

That was just a joke... mostly directed as someone who's likely to read this thread if the name catches his eyes.

I have total respect for Euronews, it's just that their audience is microscopic at least where I live, despite being shown on most ADSL TV boxes for free.

As an insomniac, I like Euronews ... helps me a lot to fall asleep when I turn it on wink.png

Edited by Lannig

I like TMN, provides a wide variety of programmes for a very cheap price. My only complaint is when they have somebody read the TMN news in English with an accent (Indian or something) that's impossible to understand.

hungarian... It's a beautiful language based on Finnish

No, Hungarian is not "based on Finnish". They both belong to the Uralic language family, but Hungarian is most certainly not derived from Finnish. In fact, the two languages are pretty much mutually unintelligible. English and German are about as closely related. And no, English is not "based on" German.

hungarian... It's a beautiful language based on Finnish

No, Hungarian is not "based on Finnish". They both belong to the Uralic language family, but Hungarian is most certainly not derived from Finnish. In fact, the two languages are pretty much mutually unintelligible. English and German are about as closely related. And no, English is not "based on" German.

Not so fast, there!

Old English (aka Anglo-Saxon) is a dialect of the West Germanic Tribes. Modern English is a melting pot of Anglo-Saxon as the base, Scandinavian (after the 9th century Viking invasions) and French (after the 1066 invasion). Previous languages spoken in England like Latin and Celtic were pretty much abandoned with the massive migrations of the Angles, Saxons and Jutes.

Edited by Watchful

• 1 month later...

Euronews is still transmitted in Hungarian Language. I called TMN to ask to switch back to English. But they said, we don't provide Euronews. Only Eurosport. Crazy. I can watch it and the provider is TMN.

Well, it is what it is.

• 2 weeks later...