From London, with love: tens of thousands rally against Brexit vote

rooster59

Well so far 41% of people who voted to leave did so based on racism and nothing

Why don't you change your tag to 'Everyone who disagrees with me is a racist'.

Why? No one is disagreeing with me. They are confirming that the 'Leave' vote was based on keeping certain nationalities out of the UK. What they are unable to answer is the economic impact leaving the EU will have. When it comes to that issue they have no idea and totally avoid the questions. People are free to be racist. I am neither 'leave' or 'stay' until someone has looked at the economic advantages of each decision.

Seems pretty clear at this point peoples vote was based on racism and xenophobia rather than rational economic advantage or disadvantage.

Can you shed any light on the following?

"the economic benefits of leaving. I am yet to hear any person quantify the economic benefits of leaving the EU. Increase in GDP? increase in employment? increase in wages? strengthening of the Pound? AAA+ Credit Rating? Reduced inflation? Increased Foreign trade? Payment of national debt? Balanced budget forecast? Removal of Austerity? New Export deals? New Trade Deals that favour UK citizens and increase their wealth? Not just 'pie in the sky' some tangible numbers on the table."

Everyone is disagreeing with you, the people we want out of the UK are the same race as us, so how can we be racist?

Economic benefits of leaving, well the EU won't be using our money to give grants to British companies to move onto the continent, our farmers will be able to produce milk again (and anything else they can sell), our fishing fleets will be able to fish in UK waters again, and the Spanish won't. Polish people will be moved out, letting our untrained workers find employment again, and saving a bit of the benefits they currently claim.

The list is almost endless.

What about EU laws, the EU has made 59% of the laws enacted in the UK over the past 3 years, do we really need that?

But it won't matter what I write, because you aren't reading it.

Edited by MissAndry

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to tell you but many of the French don't want you back.

And even German politicians have said that if you want back in The EU, it's on their terms. not yours.

Ben Dover Brit, we have some terms for you, so Ben Dover.

What is 'don't want us back'? We haven't gone anywhere yet, so there won't be any terms to be had

Because the decision to leave was motivated by racial bigotry and not on economic rationale. So outline the economic advantages of leaving the EU? Include the economic modelling and numbers that underpin the reasons for leaving? No one seems to be able to do this even after the vote has been carried.

A decision to leave the EU and its various institutions is sod all to do with racism.

A desire for controlled immigration is sod all to do with racism.

This is from 2012. A bit out of date, but it highlights perfectly that the current Economic model is not working and they better come up with a new one PDQ.

In reply to your comment about Austerity.

Austerity is caused by the mismanagement of Public funds by incompetent politicians and Civil Servants throughout the EU as a whole.

So leaving the EU is based on excluding certain Nationalities ability to freely enter the UK. What are the economic advantages / disadvantages in leaving the EU? What are the economic advantages / disadvantages in staying in the EU.?

These would be the more important questions for me to decide.

"the economic benefits of leaving. I am yet to hear any person quantify the economic benefits of leaving the EU. Increase in GDP? increase in employment? increase in wages? strengthening of the Pound? AAA+ Credit Rating? Reduced inflation? Increased Foreign trade? Payment of national debt? Balanced budget forecast? Removal of Austerity? New Export deals? New Trade Deals that favour UK citizens and increase their wealth? Not just 'pie in the sky' some tangible numbers on the table."

Everyone is disagreeing with you, the people we want out of the UK are the same race as us, so how can we be racist?

Economic benefits of leaving, well the EU won't be using our money to give grants to British companies to move onto the continent, our farmers will be able to produce milk again (and anything else they can sell), our fishing fleets will be able to fish in UK waters again, and the Spanish won't. Polish people will be moved out, letting our untrained workers find employment again, and saving a bit of the benefits they currently claim.

What about EU laws, the EU has made 59% of the laws enacted in the UK over the past 3 years, do we really need that?

Yay! More mad cow for me....

(now the explanation). I remember being in a Korean Restaurant in London with a bunch of colleagues I transferred (i.e. I was the VP of the London branch at the time so it would be fair to say I did) to the London office.... and almost everyone was ordered beef (in my case beef tongue) .... and then before it arrived someone silly brought up mad cow.... I think half decided to "play it safe" leaving me with lots and lots of beef.... I kept on telling them it was more dangerous before when no-one was looking for it.... :P

Because the decision to leave was motivated by racial bigotry and not on economic rationale. So outline the economic advantages of leaving the EU? Include the economic modelling and numbers that underpin the reasons for leaving? No one seems to be able to do this even after the vote has been carried.

A decision to leave the EU and its various institutions is sod all to do with racism.

This is from 2012. A bit out of date, but it highlights perfectly that the current Economic model is not working and they better come up with a new one PDQ.

Austerity is caused by the mismanagement of Public funds by incompetent politicians and Civil Servants throughout the EU as a whole.

So leaving the EU is based on excluding certain Nationalities ability to freely enter the UK. What are the economic advantages / disadvantages in leaving the EU? What are the economic advantages / disadvantages in staying in the EU.?

If you don't know now... or have faith now after a full referendum.... I don't know how to answer that.

In fact, we don't know... it seems like a lot of leave don't want to leave in reality - so how can you argue the benefits when the plan has not been laid out??

Then after the plan is laid out.... it does not mean everyone will agree.... they will listen to who they agree with and call people they disagree with Hitler ohmy.png

In fact there are always winners and losers.... and as a whole there may be a winner and loser.... not everyone wins -- which is why some people don't like competition period.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

Anybody remember Lord Rose, the official head of the Remain Camp.

Apparently a BOLO has now been issued for him as he has not been seen or heard of since making this statement on the 3rd of March biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Wages will rise if Britain votes to leave the European Union and the number of EU migrants coming to the UK falls, the head of the “in” campaign has admitted.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/eureferendum/12181385/Wages-for-British-workers-will-rise-in-the-event-of-a-Brexit-head-of-in-campaign-says.html

What part of controlled immigration do you not understand ? Controlled immigration means exactly that, controlling levels of immigration. Nothing to do with excluding certain Nationalities. Ifyou cannot grasp this, then you have serious problems.

I provided a graph showing exactly why the current economic model was not working. We pay someone to be Chancellor and in charge of the money, it is up to him to find an economic model that works. If he cannot do that then it is time for him to resign.

Well so far 41% of people who voted to leave did so based on racism and nothing

Why don't you change your tag to 'Everyone who disagrees with me is a racist'.

Why? No one is disagreeing with me. They are confirming that the 'Leave' vote was based on keeping certain nationalities out of the UK. What they are unable to answer is the economic impact leaving the EU will have. When it comes to that issue they have no idea and totally avoid the questions. People are free to be racist. I am neither 'leave' or 'stay' until someone has looked at the economic advantages of each decision.

Seems pretty clear at this point peoples vote was based on racism and xenophobia rather than rational economic advantage or disadvantage.

Can you shed any light on the following?

So which UK Nationals do you want restrict entry to the UK? Do you fully understand the term 'Race'.

I don't see anything there that would convince me to leave the EU. All very anecdotal and simplistic. Is there any data on number of companies that have received EU investment funds to relocate to continental Europe vs companies received EU investment to set up shop in the UK?

Same with Milk, fishing workforce. It would be interesting to see the actual data.

Nigel Farage resigned from leadership position.... Why is everyone leaving a supposedly rising boat?

Leave, that is the plan - don't want to be involved in any real thinking ohmy.png

He's an MEP, the leave vote put him out of a job.

He needs to get himself elected as a MP if he wants to lead anything, and I don't think he's suitable anyway.

Nigel Farage resigned from leadership position.... Why is everyone leaving a supposedly rising boat?

Leave, that is the plan - don't want to be involved in any real thinking ohmy.png

He's an MEP, the leave vote put him out of a job.

He needs to get himself elected as a MP if he wants to lead anything, and I don't think he's suitable anyway.

Yes, that seat disappeared, but it read as if he resigned from as the head of the UKIP party. The UKIP party has seats in parliament does he not? I would think that as leader of the UKIP party he would be outlining what he wanted to see in that all illusive plan.... Normally when you have a leader that is not in parliament another MP opens a safe seat for you to win in a bi-election... at least that is how it works in Canada ....

So which UK Nationals do you want restrict entry to the UK? Do you fully understand the term 'Race'.

I think you mean 'EU nationals', and the answer is of course all of them, unless they are granted a VISA.

(which would require proving the means to support themselves, suitable employment offer, reason to return, etc)

Yes, that seat disappeared, but it read as if he resigned from as the head of the UKIP party. The UKIP party has seats in parliament does he not? I would think that as leader of the UKIP party he would be outlining what he wanted to see in that all illusive plan.... Normally when you have a leader that is not in parliament another MP opens a safe seat for you to win in a bi-election... at least that is how it works in Canada ....

I believe one of the TWO elected UKIP MPs would be expected to be leader of the party under normal rules, and that isn't Farage.

Edited by MissAndry

The only visa I don't like is anything that is "temporary". People that get a visa which is for work leading to permanent will not typically send money out of the country except for maybe parents.... they settle down and make a life for themselves. Anyone that that sees themselves as temporary and is re-enforced - will take the money out. Most of the EU migration that came out - were not likely planning on going back to places like Poland (unless of course they are made to feel uncomfortable). The US made this mistake with the H1B visa which forced all these people from India back to India during the bust since they had to scram now.... and amazingly they actually went back .... took the contacts they had made and created companies which were the foundation of much of the outsourcing of IT work to India. I want visas that are like mouse traps.... you can come in .... ha, we got you now.... :P but seriously... The only immigration I don't like is those that encourage people to not build a life when they come....

I don't see anything there that would convince me to leave the EU.

What you want is now irrelevant, nobody needs to convince you, there was a democratic vote, your side lost.

That's how democracy works.

Edited by MissAndry

As Boris said: 'and the punchline you've all been waiting for....'

Homer / Farage is a muppet of the lowest order and just like BoJo an opportunist coward who ducks any responsibility in dealing with the results of their 'WIN'. Instead preferring to let others get tainted dealing with the mess they leave behind and then they will re-appear to run again for higher positions after the dust settles.

This is a complete reprehensible farce. Well done Brexiters! 'WINNING' (ala Charlie Sheen...)

The only visa I don't like is anything that is "temporary". People that get a visa which is for work leading to permanent will not typically send money out of the country except for maybe parents.... they settle down and make a life for themselves. Anyone that that sees themselves as temporary and is re-enforced - will take the money out.

This isn't the case with many nationalities.

The UK has high wages compared to many EU countries, the poorer EU nationals come to the UK, work and send the money home to set them up for the future.

And because they will work 'cheap' they displace all the youth from our own country.

You are projecting your values onto other nationalities and cultures.

Edited by MissAndry

The only visa I don't like is anything that is "temporary". People that get a visa which is for work leading to permanent will not typically send money out of the country except for maybe parents.... they settle down and make a life for themselves. Anyone that that sees themselves as temporary and is re-enforced - will take the money out.

The UK has high wages compared to many EU countries, the poorer EU nationals come to the UK, work and send the money home to set them up for the future.

You must hate most people on this discussion board.... because they did exactly the same thing,,,, make money and then run away to spend it elsewhere....

Of course one of my co-workers here made some in Scotland, 20 years of it in Netherlands, 10 years of it here then plans to retire in Spain.... assuming you guys don't mess up his plans....

You must hate most people on this discussion board.... because they did exactly the same thing,,,, make money and then run away to spend it elsewhere....

Of course one of my co-workers here made some in Scotland, 20 years of it in Netherlands, 10 years of it here then plans to retire in Spain.... assuming you guys don't mess up his plans....

Most of the people on this discussion board are retired (like me), they are free to do whatever they like with their money, in whatever country will let them in.

Edited by MissAndry

It is probably the best thing that could happen to UKIP with the current implosion of Labour and the Tories.

If UKIP replace Farage with someone less polarising & with broader appeal, then both Lab & Con with have major headache on their hands

Not celebrating Nigel Farage's resignation. UKIP could become a greater threat in northern Labour seats under a new leader.

.@Nigel_Farage quitting is bad news for @UKLabour. His ideal successor, from every point of view, would be @GiselaStuart.

Just a few tweets that are flying around.

I don't see anything there that would convince me to leave the EU.

What you want is now irrelevant, nobody needs to convince you, there was a democratic vote, your side lost.

That's how democracy works.

I don't have a 'side'. The people who do have a side don't seem to have a rational intelligent coherent economic reason why they voted the way they did. The 'Leavers' seem to want certain Nationals removed and restricted from entering the UK.

I have stated on a number of occasions the vote has been taken the 'Leavers' won that vote the UK should leave the EU as of yesterday. The People have spoken it is the Parliaments job to effect those changes without delay.

I am interested in the effects this will have on the UK economy. So far the value of the pound has plunged and the UK has lost its AAA rating. So not good signs that it was a sensible decision. Also the people who are advocating don't seem to have much of an idea of what economic effects leaving will have.

I am interested in the effects this will have on the UK economy. So far the value of the pound has plunged and the UK has lost its AAA rating. So not good signs that it was a sensible decision. Also the people who are advocating don't seem to have much of an idea of what economic effects leaving will have.

Trouble is, currency fluctuations like this are often the work of profiteers behind the scenes, or bankers with an agenda.

(Conspiracy theory: I wouldn't put it beyond Merkel, Deutsche Bank, Cameron and BoE to do a deal to drive the pound down)

They may not be related to any real economic problems.

The only way to tell, will be to look at the pound months after the dust has settled.

The FTSE has already recovered (you would need a lot more money to manipulate that), counter to all the scaremongering predictions?

Italy and Greece are going to need a BIG bailout soon, let's see how the Euro goes then.

Then there are all the rumours that Deutche Bank is on the verge of collapse.

The Pound could well be the most stable currency in Europe in the near future.

Edited by MissAndry

What part of controlled immigration do you not understand ? Controlled immigration means exactly that, controlling levels of immigration. Nothing to do with excluding certain Nationalities. Ifyou cannot grasp this, then you have serious problems.

I provided a graph showing exactly why the current economic model was not working. We pay someone to be Chancellor and in charge of the money, it is up to him to find an economic model that works. If he cannot do that then it is time for him to resign.

So what immigration does leaving the EU 'control'? What will be the economic benefit of the UK leaving the EU.

So the population makes a bad decision and the Chancellor is expected to wave a magic wand and fix it? lol typical Right Wingers. Cause a mess and others have to clean up after you.

So what immigration does leaving the EU 'control'? What will be the economic benefit of the UK leaving the EU.

So the population makes a bad decision and the Chancellor is expected to wave a magic wand and fix it? lol typical Right Wingers. Cause a mess and others have to clean up after you.

When you can provide a link specifying what '' Certain Nationalities '' that leavers want to have excluded from the UK I will do you the courtesy of providing an answer.

Until then, you are coming across as nothing more than a troll and an rather foolish one at that.

The UK lost it's AAA credit rating because they have been growing their debt-to-GDP and they were close to the edge already in which adding an extra 5% or so to it would in itself warranted a downgrade.... a changing of the economic outlook to recession because of uncertainty then restructuring to fit the new reality basically just made them trip over the line a bit quicker.

The UK lost it's AAA credit rating because they have been growing their debt-to-GDP and they were close to the edge already in which adding an extra 5% or so to it would in itself warranted a downgrade.... a changing of the economic outlook to recession because of uncertainty then restructuring to fit the new reality basically just made them trip over the line a bit quicker.

Yup. UK economics were utterly unsustainable. As are house prices and everything else caught up in the credit bubble.

Yup. UK economics were utterly unsustainable. As are house prices and everything else caught up in the credit bubble.

It is quite amazing that us uneducated leavers are able to identify that the UK's economics were heading to the gutter and one of the methods of rectifying that was to leave the EU and forge our own path free of EU constraints and by controlling immigration levels.

And soooooo many people cannot see or understand this.

<snip>

Nigel Farage said, a 52/48 vote would be unfinnished business, now remain supporters agree with him, he did not say a new referendum now if we lose or overturn this one as we don't like it, unfinnished business just means we will work for a future referendum when we think we will win.....

That is what he said on the night when he thought Remain had won! He said that he could accept a two third majority for Remain, but 52% to 48% was too close and another referendum should be held.

Next morning when the actual result showed Leave had won by that small margin, he changed his mind and now says that it is finished business!

Cameron and most of the other prominent Remain campaigners have made it clear, and made it clear before the vote, that the result would be final; whatever the decision. As di, to be fair, Boris and most other prominent Leave campaigners.

It is only Farage and his ilk who said it would be 'unfinished business' if they lost and would want another referendum at some future date if they had lost.

I wonder how those here and elsewhere who are lambasting the Remain supporters who are, wrongly in my opinion, calling for another referendum would be reacting if Remain had won by such a small margin and the hypocrite Farage and other Leave supporters were calling it 'unfinished business' and demanding another referendum?

I suspect that they would be agreeing with him.

The freedom of movement directive does not mean, as some believe, uncontrolled immigration from the EEA.

It provides free movement for those exercising an economic treaty right.

• Student
  • Jobseeker, but must find a job within three months or leave.
  • Worker, employed or self employed.
  • Living off independent means, e.g. a pension.

Moving to another member state, e.g. the UK, in order to claim benefits and live off the state is not one of these rights!

Approximately 2 million EEA nationals are exercising one of these rights in the UK.

Approximately 1.5 million British citizens are doing the same in another EEA state or Switzerland.

2 million from 27 EU, three EEA states and Switzerland in the UK; 1.5 million Brits in the other 31 states.

Do the maths; who, as far as the UK is concerned, makes the most use of the directive?

Edited by 7by7