UDD protests move to revoke Peace TV’s license

webfact

UDD protests move to revoke Peace TV’s license

peace-tv-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The redshirt United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) today petitioned the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) protesting its move to revoke the operating license of Peace TV.

The petition was submitted by a core leader of the UDD, Mr Weng Tochirakarn, to the NBC secretary-general Phakdi Namavej, also deputy secretary -general of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission (NBTC).

Accompanied by the TV channel executive Mr Anantasak Khamkao, and TV castors, Mr Weng said if the NBC revokes the TV licence of Peace TV by enforcing the NBTC law, then Peace TV will petition the Central Administrative Court for overacting the court injunction earlier issued to temporarily suspend the closure of Peace TV by the NBC.

The planned revocation is also unfair to Peace TV, Mr Weng said.

The NBC planned to meet again today to reconsider the revocation of Peace TV.

At present Peace TV continues to go on air under the court’s injunction.

Peace TV operates on satellite and online broadcasting.

It has 130 staff.

However if Peace TV is shut down, it still can go on air via Facebook and YouTube.

A NBTC commissioner Ms Apinya Klangnarong said the NBTC has earlier invited representatives from the National Council for Peace and Order, Human Rights Commission, and the Council of State to its programming subcommission, to give information.

She said the NBC should take into account these information, particularly the human rights violation, and freedom of the media given by these agencies for consideration before coming up with the punishment.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/udd-protests-move-revoke-peace-tvs-license/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-07-04

Smedly, I bet you'd like North Korea with only one voice, the governments because that's what this unelected government is basically pushing for.

Edited by Alive

Mention red shirt yingluck or the name Shinawatra and it's like waving a red rag at a bull to the ever dwindling junta cheer squad.

Even the minority yellows are in agreement with the Reds that this mob have gone to far and the people have lost their voice.

But for the few poor souls left on here supporting the illegal government just those names mentioned are living rent free in your heads and always will.

you might all be eating your words when the general election is held next year and Thailand transforms into much better place than it was 3 years ago or in fact the last 30 years, the current government made it very clear that they would not tolerate divisive interference in their road map and so far it is on track and working, I am no supporter of a military government but see very clearly why they are doing what they are doing, we have peace here not seen for a very long time, you usually find those that don't support strict measures are those that do not respect the law or its enforcement.

So you don't care about the 7 students taken away to who knows where for wanting to vote and have a say against the referendum ?

Or the fact that he PM has made it quite clear on what are the consequences if you express a different opinion to the junta government .

Looks like you have no problem at all with anything this government decides.

So you don't care about the 7 students taken away to who knows where for wanting to vote and have a say against the referendum ?

Or the fact that he PM has made it quite clear on what are the consequences if you express a different opinion to the junta government .

Looks like you have no problem at all with anything this government decides.

your interpretation of the motive of these students is your business , it was made very clear that activists would not be tolerated in Thailand while these reforms were taking place, they wouldn't listen, they will be set free when the referendum passes and Thailand is on a clear path to a sustainable democracy something never seen here before because of corruption and power abuse

we will see who is right and so will these students going forward and you will be eating your stuttering words

you might all be eating your words when the general election is held next year and Thailand transforms into much better place than it was 3 years ago or in fact the last 30 years, the current government made it very clear that they would not tolerate divisive interference in their road map and so far it is on track and working, I am no supporter of a military government but see very clearly why they are doing what they are doing, we have peace here not seen for a very long time, you usually find those that don't support strict measures are those that do not respect the law or its enforcement.

I was about to counter the points you made, but I saw your saying at the bottom Do not argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Decided to move on instead

Blue sky and Astv are still available to watch. Personally I prefer the Friday evening chat show with the PM. I remember a few years back when the late PM Samak got impeached for hosting a cookery show. Wonder why the current PM is allowed his own show on T.V and not Samak? I guess 350,000 troops, thousands of tanks, and a whole host of other weaponry behind the current PM is the reason he can have his own show. And with his article 44 he can crush any who stand in his way, brave man he is.

Smedly, I bet you'd like North Korea with only one voice, the governments because that's what this unelected government is basically pushing for.

What rubbish, just more of your over the top divisive beat up.

In any case is there really any comparison to North Korea? No!

Blue sky and Astv are still available to watch. Personally I prefer the Friday evening chat show with the PM. I remember a few years back when the late PM Samak got impeached for hosting a cookery show. Wonder why the current PM is allowed his own show on T.V and not Samak? I guess 350,000 troops, thousands of tanks, and a whole host of other weaponry behind the current PM is the reason he can have his own show. And with his article 44 he can crush any who stand in his way, brave man he is.

And of course you deliberately miss some of the relevant points in your argument.

So it looks like the illegal government supporters on here don't care what happens to Thai citizens freedom of speech and expression..

I just wonder what countries they come from and what freedom of speech they have back at home and would they just bury their heads if their government was overthrown by a coup?

I think we all pretty much know the answer to that one.

Nice post Deez.

And of course you deliberately miss some of the relevant points in your argument.

No be fair, he misses all the relevant points in his statement.

So it looks like the illegal government supporters on here don't care what happens to Thai citizens freedom of speech and expression..

I just wonder what countries they come from and what freedom of speech they have back at home and would they just bury their heads if their government was overthrown by a coup?

I think we all pretty much know the answer to that one.

Nice post Deez.

Isn't it strange how someone can call a government illegal, knowing full well they are not; whilst never considering anything wrong in the previous regime simply handing all power and decision making to a non elected criminal fugitive. Nothing absurd or immoral about allowing a non elected criminal to skype into cabinet meetings, reshuffle cabinet posts, have ministers fly to other countries for instruction, meet with senior police officers in other countries. Just the usual Shin abhorrence of the law.

Those who resort to calling any who dare speak against the Shins "Junta lovers/huggers" in a futile attempt to silence them or detract from the comments are sad. Wonder how they'd react to an openly corrupt government being totally controlled by a criminal fugitive in their own country? With a political family and clan trying to put themselves above and beyond the law?

Interesting that so many old shin fanboy posters are re-surfacing. Welcome back.

Well I guess going by the replies and the answer dodging going on you junta supporters must be right.

Well that just leaves the demroacy supporters on here and the rest of the world who think that the government is illegal.

But I using the Deez strategy. No point you guys are to far gone.

As I said Thaksin Yingluck living rent free in your heads!

"I am no supporter of a military government..."

Yeah, ok Smedders. Could have fooled me.

Do they add any positive value to Thai society or do they promote hate conflict and division, I would suggest the latter

You are displaying your prejudices. If the latter were true the channel would have been shut down long ago. If they are "guilty" of anything it is providing a bit of balance to the media channels operated by the armed forces and having more regional based programming. Just another nail in the coffin of freedom of information. Don't forget in your junta-loving daze that 6 out of 10 Thais prefer the red flavour sweets in the bag.

They have only revoked the tv licence until the referendum is over. Then the charter should be law by then and it's 20 years of big P.

The junta is leaving no stones unturned. Control of the senate, control of the government. Control of religion and control of the unmentionables.

The triple. The final push for victory. Come August 9th we will have become a North Korea. Just a thought for the thought police out there.

neither the reds or yellows should be able to run any tv or radio stations, same with any political groups, all the stations/media should be totally unbiased so that the people are given the truth, as it stands all we see/hear is bullsh*t and lies coming from these groups to try to feather their own nests and that of their leaders. The last thing Thailand needs are any of these idiots pushing their crap in the hope of soliciting a response from their supporters, we have all seen what the violence they want to instigate has caused, shut them all down then throw any that continue to push the hatred into jail, doesnt matter which side they are on

neither the reds or yellows should be able to run any tv or radio stations, same with any political groups, all the stations/media should be totally unbiased so that the people are given the truth, as it stands all we see/hear is bullsh*t and lies coming from these groups to try to feather their own nests and that of their leaders. The last thing Thailand needs are any of these idiots pushing their crap in the hope of soliciting a response from their supporters, we have all seen what the violence they want to instigate has caused, shut them all down then throw any that continue to push the hatred into jail, doesnt matter which side they are on

correct if there was such a thing as a yellow but generally 100% what you say

They have only revoked the tv licence until the referendum is over. Then the charter should be law by then and it's 20 years of big P.

The junta is leaving no stones unturned. Control of the senate, control of the government. Control of religion and control of the unmentionables.

The triple. The final push for victory. Come August 9th we will have become a North Korea. Just a thought for the thought police out there.

N Korea lol how about an elected government that actually represents the people of Thailand Kim and Thaksin are a very close match I will bet they talk to eachother

as for the current administration keeping tabs do you really blame them considering the political history so far, the next elected government will be allowed to govern 100% provided they are actually acting like a government, unfortunately so far no elected government has been able to do that hence the extra layer to keep them honest, I don't see a problem with this, if they step out of line they will be brought back into line I.E. representing the people and not themselves or some phsyco faceless despot criminal hell bent on destroying Thailand if he cannot get his way.............it all gets a huge thumbs up from me........lets get the election going and a governemnt in place that has no alternative but to act on behalf on the Thai people and not themselves....I will be the first to object if the senate tries to block something that is not in the interests of the country and its people....amnesty bills are off the table for ever, what a relief

Edited by smedly

A general election? sure there might be one, with only one party allowed to have candidates and making it illegal to even say that people shouldn't vote for them (let alone vote for someone else).