Notary Service In Bangkok Or Pattaya

Spaniel

Does anyone know where I can get a document notorized for a US bank other then at the US consulate? Obviously if it would cost more then $30 then I would just go to the consulate.

I had a similar predicament a few weeks ago. I needed to have some application documents and a photo notarized to renew my Australian driver's licence. I found out that the Australian Embassy was my only option. What a hassle to travel from Pattaya to Bangkok just to notarize a few pages.

Be careful, I found a solicitor that was going to do them at 1000 baht a page. Lucily I passed on that because at the time I wasn't aware that they would not have been accepted.

My cost at the embassy was 1,410 baht.

Edited by tropo

Sorry, the only ones allowed to notarize off US soil are embassies. Your stuck with them, but at least its not a long wait.

The reason for this is notaries are licensed by states not federal government and are not authorized to operate outside the jurisdiction granting them the right to notarize documents. Part of the notary stamp is the location where it is done.

TH

Does anyone know where I can get a document notorized for a US bank other then at the US consulate? Obviously if it would cost more then $30 then I would just go to the consulate.

While I have always used the US Embassy, friends have told me that some of the Thai offices of large US law firms have notaries on staff for legal documents they prepare. However, unless you know an attorney at one of these law firms, the US Embassy is your only option.

I actually looked into becomming a notary and the rules are hard and fast, the only people allowed to notarize off US soil are embassy notaries. Perhaps the large US law firms fudge this a bit but they definitely dont want to get caught at it.