Indian phone thief stopped just in time at Bangkok airport

webfact

What is a charging station?

Man, Have you ever been to an airport, or how big is the Rock you live under, get outta the Moobaan

Let's hope you never have the need to ask a perfectly reasonable question in a civil manner, eh.

Well don't get too exited about these charging stations. Half of them are broken already. But you can sit next to them and use and charge youre phone or laptop or both at the functioning half. Rather convenient at times.

Man, Have you ever been to an airport, or how big is the Rock you live under, get outta the Moobaan

Mate, I just don't live life through a smartphone, I charge da poofter when I get home, if I can be bothered.

I wouldn't plug da sucked in and leave it for Chandigarh to flog that's for sure 55555

Let's hope you never have the need to ask a perfectly reasonable question in a civil manner, eh.

I still can't believe anyone in their right mind would leave their FONE there to charge.

I might set up a cash station. Leave your cash here, it will be safe 55555

I still can't believe anyone in their right mind would leave their FONE there to charge.

ok, you re supposed to be monitoring the phone, you don't go off sightseeing, well most people don't, you usually have some honest people in an airport bcuz of all the cameras, but you usually sit near it and monitor the area or whoever is strolling by, usually not a problem except for this Svengali type

Fake photo...no one is pointing

I see far more posts on tv.com about "pointing" than police photos of someone actually pointing. Ditto for the way-too-many posts about Thailand being a "hub."

These were a little funny the first dozen times I read them, but now they're soooo old news. Do try to present some fresh material.

Bank of neverdie. Radical concept.

I was going to set one up for gold bullion, diamonds, naked women.

Just deliver your stuff here, Neverdie will take care of it.

:D

I thought it was someone who had stolen an Indian phone.....whistling.gifgigglem.gif

Actually, i was expecting to see a hotel's bedside phone being displayed.

I feel a bit ashamed that i associated the two in the first place...............................sad.png

Maybe something wrong with my thought process?

Good job by the airport security . I hope they find the owner of the phone.

I strongly suspect that the owner of the phone reported it stolen, and they then used CCTV to identify/track the thief. I would be interested in any credible alternate theory.

Good job by the airport security . I hope they find the owner of the phone.

I strongly suspect that the owner of the phone reported it stolen, and they then used CCTV to identify/track the thief. I would be interested in any credible alternate theory.

Conscience got the better of him and he turned himself in?

Not that I'm defending the guy for stealing a phone, but it's a weird weird world where stealing a phone results in you being paraded into front of cameras as some master criminal, whereas killing someone in your Ferrari results in 'understanding' of your medical condition.

This is a really f**ked up country, no matter how you look at it!

Gawd....Did he not realise there was no way he would melt into the crowd....rolleyes.gif

On a flight to India you would think he could - 95-98% of all passengers on every flight to India I've ever been on have been Indians. Thais just don't seem to travel to India - on some flights there is usually a token westerner or two, never more.

A place to plug in your phone to re-charge the battery

So are you trying to tell.me that people plug in their 30,000 baht iPhones and leave them to charge while they cruise around the airport looking ugly? If so, deserve their phones to be stolen. Fools.

No, that's not how it works.

You plug in your phone, and sit or stand nearby, keeping an eye on it while relaxing or reading something, waiting for it to get enough charge. Since the charging stations usually have a couple of handful of charging outlets, others can come to the same charging station to take their phone back, or leave their phone to charge, all while your phone is charging on the same desk. When somebody comes by, presumably to leave or take their own phone, one needs to keep an extra close eye on one's own phone to make sure it does not get nicked. This may not always be so easy as the charging stations unfortunately do not seem to have been designed with letting the owners easily see their own phone in mind.

I recommend installing one of the anti-theft apps available. E.g., "anti theft alarm" for Android is easily set to sound an alarm if your phone is unplugged from the charger, hopefully waking you up as you sit dozing nearby.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Awk

A place to plug in your phone to re-charge the battery

So are you trying to tell.me that people plug in their 30,000 baht iPhones and leave them to charge while they cruise around the airport looking ugly? If so, deserve their phones to be stolen. Fools.

No, that's not how it works.

You plug in your phone, and sit or stand nearby, keeping an eye on it while relaxing or reading something, waiting for it to get enough charge. Since the charging stations usually have a couple of handful of charging outlets, others can come to the same charging station to take their phone back, or leave their phone to charge, all while your phone is charging on the same desk. When somebody comes by, presumably to leave or take their own phone, one needs to keep an extra close eye on one's own phone to make sure it does not get nicked. This may not always be so easy as the charging stations unfortunately do not seem to have been designed with letting the owners easily see their own phone in mind.

I recommend installing one of the anti-theft apps available. E.g., "anti theft alarm" for Android is easily set to sound an alarm if your phone is unplugged from the charger, hopefully waking you up as you sit dozing nearby.

Hope this helps.

Sir, you are full of it, good ideas that is, however it won't help me as I'm not living life through a telephone like this younger seemingly more stupid 'er generation of telephone totling individuals that seem to be roaming the planet these days.

I can charge my Nokia 3360 and the charge lasts about 2 weeks, during which time I could practically fly a Cessna around the globe and back again.

Cheers

Without seeming to be racist, tbe Indians have a bad rep in tbis country. I suppose it comes down to this - people from a relatively affluent country are not going to be screwing you for pennies, they're gonna be screwing you for thousands of pounds/dollars. If you get screwed for pennies - mai pen rai - put it down to experience.

I just googled 'Charging stations Suvarnabhumi and learned this.... 'Passengers can use the service of electronic charger without any charge'. What good is that?

Worked for me when I recharged the phone and laptop Sunday night!