Figuring out a Thai Girl Early

landy77

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three rules I try to stick to:

1. Must be career orientated: Doesn't matter what she does, but she must have her own goals, not just waiting for someone to 'take care' of her.

2. Doesn't live at home with parents: I am not 16 anymore. 9 times out of 10 this is just a complete pain in the butt.

3. Doesn't spend all her free time in the 'farang scene': Girls like this have probably been tossed aside (and probably lied to) buy foreigners coming and going promising the world but end the end delivering very little.

In addition, try to look for a girl who has real hobbies (Watching TV and reading comic books are not included). I find girls who can try to get the most out of their own lives also have the most to offer.

Pretty good advice.

I would also stay away from anyone who is so unsophisticated that they've never been to a dinner or cocktail party (eating out with friends at Tawandang does not count).

Anyone who hasn't spent at least some time getting an overseas education.

If she ever sits on the floor run a mile. Run even faster if when she sits on the floor it's to eat a pile of sticks and shrubbery.

Your point 3 has some merit, although you don't want a girl who feels uncomfortable in the farang scene, after all if she becomes your girlfriend how are you going to go out with friends if she doesn't like going out to Farang type places?

First of all it is not unusual for Single Thai Women (especially with child) to work away from home as most do. Since your friends English is not very good and she is with child then there is a strong possibility that the father is a Thai.Since Thai Men are not famous for supporting their child and there are very limited working opportunities for a Thai Woman in a small town or village they move to a better location where they can work and support their child.

Secondly, and just because she works in some tourist area and like you described, it doesn't mean that she is a Bar Girl. If she was a Bar Girl chances are her English would be better than normal. Many single women go to places like Pattaya to work as that is where they can find unskilled labor jobs in hotels as cleaning staff, or restaurants, or small shop keepers. Some take factory work in the big cities but the pay is generally less their.

Thirdly, why would you be asking questions about a Thai Women you have very little chance of ever forming a meaningful relationship with, since I gather you don't speak Thai and her not English. Most relationships are hard enough to form without having this huge barrier in--between you, There are plenty of Thai Women here you can at least communicate with. If you are only looking Short-time then it doesn't much matter what her education or background is.

Well you got what you want Land77---everyone is feeding the troll, 13 posts = 3 mad troll topics, about meeting Thai girls on cruise boats to not understanding them--need help.

Someone should do an analysis on Trolls-----is it that they get no attention at home ........................coffee1.gif

dont get this whole trolling thing. are people really that bored? thats just wasting the time of the decent people here who take the time to offer advice.

i also dont get the whole nastiness thing here towards people who are genuinely asking for advice. people ask for advice and then people slag them off.

No I don't get that either.

This is supposed to be an online forum for advice and assistance.

Although this is the farang pub sub forum where people are allowed to be kid around.

I'd like to see the main forums much more polite and friendly.

I'd also like to see some verification next to members names indicating a) if they actually live in Thailand and B) where they live

A little trick i used to use in my younger days..

The first time you get to do the howdy doody..

Discard your clothes on her side of the bed, on the floor & leave a 100 baht note near your pants..

if the 100 baht is still there when she goes in the morning..shes a keeper ;0)

Or she's playing a long game....... whistling.gif

Sorry to sound cynical but.......

..... next time try 1000 B.

Ok, for clarification. I made another thread before this one in regards to a cruise ship. Both threads discussed behavior, the cruise ship question was specific to my experience and this thread is a question in general. So sorry if anyone is mad and thinks I am a troll. I am a noob to this forum and I am sure what I have asked is very typical noobish questions.

She probably lived in Phuket but her family lives in another town. She has one child and can hardly speak English, as she told you.

Why complicate it?

"Why complicate it?"

Too late talking, about it on ThaiVisa have already done it tongue.png

She probably lived in Phuket but her family lives in another town. She has one child and can hardly speak English, as she told you.

Why complicate it?

Don't complicate it, it's already dangerous.

Also remember, if it floats,#ucks or fly's , it will cost you a fortune

Rest assured.

Or, as my ex-boss used to say: If it floats, flies, or #ucks -- rent it

Discard your clothes on her side of the bed, on the floor & leave a 100 baht note near your pants..

Or she's playing a long game....... whistling.gif

Sorry to sound cynical but.......

..... next time try 1000 B.

Nah. Its an easy bet, the 1,000 will be gone everytime!

or maybe in the OP's case she will say

"I found 1000 baht on the floor,now you only owe me 2,000"

lol

I am new to the Thai scene and not sure what are the ear marks that tell me where she is from or her education. I had a girl tell me she lived in Phuket but her family lives in another town. She has one child and can hardly speak English. Any tips would be appreciated.

You already know everything there is to know.

Agreed. Doesn't even sound like 'poetic-license' was exercised here. There is potential for both good or bad written all over this situation. A true crap-shoot, OP. Tread lightly, for everyone's sake. Especially the kid's. I might add, a somewhat better potential for a plus exists in the character column, if the kid actually lives with her, though perhaps not the best barometer, in the current economic climate. It would be rare for a single mum of the nature you vaguely describe to be able to negotiate 'legitimate means' of survival, with kid in tow, a common plight in 'developing' nations. As I am sure most would agree, development is relative, and often nominal, at best.

You better read:

Thailand Fever by Chris Pirazzi & Vitida Vasant

Private Dancer by Stephen Leather

Confessions of a Bangkok Private Eye as told to Stephen Leather

Working With the Thais by Henry Holmes & Suchada Tangtongtavy

Was just about to suggest OP firstly to read (3 of) the excellent books, mentioned in above post by Rockhopper.

It's easy to fall in love with a charming little Thai lady, but try to avoid it – I talk from experience (no regret) – it may not be just what you think, even it feel and looks exactly like it...

Wish you good luck...smile.png

Disregard any Thai women you meet in the next 2 years but by all means have short term relationships with them, its part of the learning process. Also learn some Thai and get to know the place and culture to the point where you are past the honeymoon stage and can see the cracks, not trying to be negative, its just in your interest to be more balanced, concious and aware of how things really are

Yes, good advice. Have fun but always let them know you are single and never live with a woman. Remember, you're paying them to leave. The first relationship rarely works. Sometimes...maybe, probably not. Keep it on a dating basis and play the field.

You won't get it right for years. Some guys never get it right. The fewer family connections the better. An orphan who has never had a boyfriend would be ideal.

Some guys don't want to hear this but if she has a kid, keep walking. Who needs it?

So many beautiful, fantastic Thai women running around, no reason to have a girlfriend who doesn't speak English and has a kid.

My g/f came from Chiang Rai she is there now for a weekly visit. She does this about 4 times a year. I have never met her parents or family and like it that way. She speaks good English has no children and no job. If I had to do it over again I would be flexible on the no job part. Your dealing with a monetary culture and with her I approached it in that manner after 3 trial and errors. We dickered about who gives what and finally settled on her "allowance" and she has faithfully stuck to this agreement for 5 years now. She gives me no hassle or grief and when in the store always says "can I please have that" She is much younger than me and will of course get money upon my passing. There is a caregiver stage ahead I have no doubt of that. Its trial and error trial and error here. I often ask her why she wanted a much older man such as me and she always says the last younger guy she stayed with kicked her out when someone more "beautiful" came along. She knows she can depend on and trust me. She knows I would never be a damn fool and kick her out. She is very rare when it comes to Thai ladies. I have been truly blessed.

She aint after the 100's.. leave a 1,000 baht note and see if its still there..

Yes,yes I like that one you made my day haha

Disregard any Thai women you meet in the next 2 years but by all means have short term relationships with them, its part of the learning process. Also learn some Thai and get to know the place and culture to the point where you are past the honeymoon stage and can see the cracks, not trying to be negative, its just in your interest to be more balanced, concious and aware of how things really are

Yes, good advice. Have fun but always let them know you are single and never live with a woman. Remember, you're paying them to leave. The first relationship rarely works. Sometimes...maybe, probably not. Keep it on a dating basis and play the field.

You won't get it right for years. Some guys never get it right. The fewer family connections the better. An orphan who has never had a boyfriend would be ideal.

Some guys don't want to hear this but if she has a kid, keep walking. Who needs it?

So many beautiful, fantastic Thai women running around, no reason to have a girlfriend who doesn't speak English and has a kid.

My g/f came from Chiang Rai she is there now for a weekly visit. She does this about 4 times a year. I have never met her parents or family and like it that way. She speaks good English has no children and no job. If I had to do it over again I would be flexible on the no job part. Your dealing with a monetary culture and with her I approached it in that manner after 3 trial and errors. We dickered about who gives what and finally settled on her "allowance" and she has faithfully stuck to this agreement for 5 years now. She gives me no hassle or grief and when in the store always says "can I please have that" She is much younger than me and will of course get money upon my passing. There is a caregiver stage ahead I have no doubt of that. Its trial and error trial and error here. I often ask her why she wanted a much older man such as me and she always says the last younger guy she stayed with kicked her out when someone more "beautiful" came along. She knows she can depend on and trust me. She knows I would never be a damn fool and kick her out. She is very rare when it comes to Thai ladies. I have been truly blessed.

Happy to read your post very , very true in what you say

Funny us men, always seeking advice from other men on these creatures from Venus; yet even the man celebrating his 50th wedding anniversary still has no idea how they work

As someone once noted, "The man who tells women that he understands them is wise, but the man who tries to understand them is a fool."

Just start thinking in a different way.

Sharron Stone once said that a woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake a whole relationship.

Live on those lines in Thailand and you'll do alright.

Smart words from Sharon Stone, Respect !!!

Why would you consider becoming “involved” with a bargirl to begin with? You’ve met some girl who is obviously engaged in the pleasure accommodation “business”, but cannot hold a basic conversation with you, in English, in 2016 (not 1986) Thailand?

Here’s a sensible rule of measure for you: If you cannot proudly take her (the Thai-bargirl) back home to meet your Mom, then what would occasion you to consider doing anything together with her, beyond the typical holiday bedroom romance?

You may be new to Thailand, but certainly not to life.The fact that you’ve actually posted such a question on this forum, despite what you've already been forewarned about, raises serious doubts regarding your educational level, instead of the bargirl's!

Edited by NativeSon360

1. Must be career orientated: Doesn't matter what she does, but she must have her own goals, not just waiting for someone to 'take care' of her.

2. Doesn't live at home with parents: I am not 16 anymore. 9 times out of 10 this is just a complete pain in the butt.

3. Doesn't spend all her free time in the 'farang scene': Girls like this have probably been tossed aside (and probably lied to) buy foreigners coming and going promising the world but end the end delivering very little.

In addition, try to look for a girl who has real hobbies (Watching TV and reading comic books are not included). I find girls who can try to get the most out of their own lives also have the most to offer.

Pretty good advice.

I would also stay away from anyone who is so unsophisticated that they've never been to a dinner or cocktail party (eating out with friends at Tawandang does not count).

If she ever sits on the floor run a mile. Run even faster if when she sits on the floor it's to eat a pile of sticks and shrubbery.

Your point 3 has some merit, although you don't want a girl who feels uncomfortable in the farang scene, after all if she becomes your girlfriend how are you going to go out with friends if she doesn't like going out to Farang type places?

So you like the false girls ?

Just start thinking in a different way.

Sharron Stone once said that a woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake a whole relationship.

Live on those lines in Thailand and you'll do alright.

Smart words from Sharon Stone, Respect !!!

I think you have to credit the script writer, sharon stone is a bimbo.

A lady of negotiable virtue is not a good bet for a relationship. Sure, some working-women do change and can make good wives, but the odds are heavily stacked against it.

I recommend you use the Cold Beer Principle (CBP). Treat the ladies of negotiable virtue as you would a cold beer--order a fresh one, enjoy it, pay for it; then repeat that cycle. Please note, at no time do you take the empty bottle home. When you do take a full bottle home, set it out in the trash as soon as used, do not keep it in your house.

Step one....sober up.

Step two...go back to the airport and get your brain.

Step three...if her lips are moving it is a lie, if they aren't, she is thinking of the next lie

Step four....make sure you have a return ticket and make plans to escape sooner than later....?

How true you made me laugh a lot , you can tell when a thai women is liering her lips move

Pretty good advice.

So you like the false girls ?

If you mean do I like sophisticated women over pretty little farm girls then yes I like 'false girls'

If I was at home I wouldn't date someone who wasn't from the same class as me, or the same economic and educational level, unless they could fake it really well.

Some of us can be very picky when choosing a girlfriend and so we don't accept anything but the best.

I would only consider dating perhaps 1 in a 1000 women I see in Bangkok, although the ratio varies depending where; but lets say on the BTS, roughly 1 girl in 1000 would peak my interest based on her apparent age, grooming, clothing, height and weight.

In a high end mall that number might be 1 in 300 or so.

Sleep with her and leave 50K in the bathroom in marked notes. 1 of 50, 2 of 50 and so on.

If its all still there in the morning shes a keeper, if it isnt then you know the answer.

Personally I wouldnt go anywhere near a Thai woman with kids to another man. In certain circles she'd be classed as used goods.

quote name="landy77" post="10928097" timestamp="1467694936"]

I am new to the Thai scene and not sure what are the ear marks that tell me where she is from or her education. I had a girl tell me she lived in Phuket but her family lives in another town. She has one child and can hardly speak English. Any tips would be appreciated.