Sterling falls to new low against the dollar in Asia trade

webfact

Your Hail Mary! invocations seem to be having little effect. Maybe you should change the teacups.

There is a recession on the way, possibly a very deep one, plus a possible constitutional crisis. But I really think England, Wales, and N.Ireland can weather this much better than either the EU or Scotland can.

The EU will implode under a heavy worldwide recession, and we would've imploded with it had we Remained.

Some people come out with stuff as if they were playing fantasy football. Worthless really. Better to concentrate on the real stuff: Today's PMI Index dropping to 47.7 from 52.4 putting greater pressure on BOE to drop rates next month. Sterling slipping again.

And some people might as well be quoting Mystic Meg to back up their alarmism. PMI Index! Pffft :lol: .

The EU's doing so well, it's taking a life-saving injection of over a trillion Euros shortly. And that flagship of the EU banking system (the system that all the world's banks are going to desert London for :lol: ), Deutsche, is on the verge of special measures. But, hey, lets all believe a prediction based on a questionaire sent out to a few businesses!

Edited by Khun Han

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutting rates when they are already at or very near 0 already .... is like hitting the gas after you have flooded the engine.... Most world economies have now completely boxed themselves in in many different ways. Not a good situation to be in (IMHO).

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/07/2016 at 10:36 AM, Deepinthailand said:

Now will people belive it was a storm in a tea cup as predicted the £ will be back and now it's in its way oh ye of little faith.

1 British Pound equals

46.23 Thai Baht

So how is the 'storm in a tea cup' theory coming along?

12 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

No time limit it will return within 6 months share prices already back and beyond.

Thats odd how did you come to the conclusion that share prices will affect the tumbling GBP?

48 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Who said anything about the two being related???? I was merely saying after brexit the share prices tumbled as well but recovered very quickly.

I didnt say they were related. I was merely asking why you made

reference to recovering stocks on a thread about the spinning out of control sterling ????? 

On 16/08/2016 at 7:09 PM, Deepinthailand said:

Who said anything about the two being related???? I was merely saying after brexit the share prices tumbled as well but recovered very quickly.

The FTSE recovered and then soared because 75% of it has earnings derived from overseas. So when the Pound devalues against USD that makes bigger profits for those companies hence the index goes up. On the other hand, some of those companies that don't have overseas earnings, many took a bath and are still bathing long after the water has gone cold!

58 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

The FTSE recovered and then soared because 75% of it has earnings derived from overseas. So when the Pound devalues against USD that makes bigger profits for those companies hence the index goes up. On the other hand, some of those companies that don't have overseas earnings, many took a bath and are still bathing long after the water has gone cold!

And your point Is ? ?? I stand by my prediction the pound will recover to a higher rate I expect it to find a new home around the 50 to bht mark. In how long !!maybe 6 months or so.

Edited by Deepinthailand

1 hour ago, Deepinthailand said:

And your point Is ? ?? I stand by my prediction the pound will recover to a higher rate I expect it to find a new home around the 50 to bht mark. In how long !!maybe 6 months or so.

Pulling predictive rabbits out of a hat are no guide at all and just using a past marker as the go-to indicator quite useless. All maybe this, maybe that.

2 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

You wrote, "I was merely saying after brexit the share prices tumbled as well but recovered very quickly".

I've explained why.

That's my point!

And good luck with the new home at 50, of course anyone who waits long enough will likely see their predictions come true, stoped clocks being right twice a day syndrome.

2 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Why do you think the pound will rise?  Do you think that the Bank of England will raise the interest rate on gilts?   Do you believe that the Thai economy is going to falter? Or is this just a matter of faith on your part?

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2016 at 5:16 AM, BigBadGeordie said:

I bet there are a good number of Brits due to do an annual extension, based on income, over the next few weeks who are getting very worried now.

Edited by alzack