Murder or Suicide? Body of Swede Found in Jomtien

webfact

Murder or Suicide? Body of Swede Found in Jomtien
Story by Albert Jack

murd.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Just after midnight on July 6 Pattaya Police were informed that the body of a man had been found on the tenth floor of Tower A, View Talay Condominiums, Jomtien.

There the body of sixty-two year old Swede, Sten Lundholm, was discovered in a peculiar position, sitting with his face in a bucket of water. There was a set of golf clubs lying across his shoulders. He had bruising on several parts of his body and medics estimated he had been dead for five or six hours.

A handwritten note was taken from a nearby table, as evidence, by investigating officers although its contents have not been revealed.

Twenty-six year old Weawmanee Luangkratoke, who says she works at a bar where Mr Lundholm was a regular customer, discovered the body. She claims Mr Lundholm did not appear in the bar that evening and so, after her shift, she went round to check on him.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/226765/murder-suicide-body-swede-found-jomtien/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-07-06

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swedish man found dead inside Pattaya condo
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

14543226901454323736l.jpg
The View Talay Jomtien Condominium. Photo: Booking.com

PATTAYA — A Swedish man was found dead inside his condominium room near Jomtien beach in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

The 62-year-old Swede was found dead squatting in his bathroom on the 10th floor of the View Talay Condominium with his head in a bin and a golf bag over his neck.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2016/07/06/swedish-man-found-dead-inside-pattaya-condo/

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-07-06

Swedish tourist found dead inside bathroom in Pattaya

496_Swedish-wpcf_728x409.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 62-year-old Swedish man was found dead in the bathroom of a luxury condominium on Jomthien beach in Pattaya this early morning.

According to Pol Lt Temtrong Rodsiri, an investor at Pattaya police station, condominium employee at Nong Prue alerted the police shortly after midnight that the body of the tourist was found inside the toilet of the room he rented.

Police and rescue workers of Sawang Boriboon Thammasat Charity Foundation then rushed to the condominium for check.

The body of the tourist was found to be in kneeling position but with the head submerged in a water bucket and a golf bag on the neck.

Bruises were also found on his body.

Forensic police said the man has been dead for at least six hours.

A letter written in foreign language was also found on a bedside table.

It was still unknown the cause of his death but the first person who alerted the security officials of the condominium was a 26-year-old liquor shop owner.

She told police that the tourist was her regular customer.

But he did not come down as usual last night to drink at her shop.

She said she felt it was unusual and decided to call the security guards to check.

They knocked on the door but there was no response.

They decided to use a reserve key to open the door and see him in kneeling position in the bathroom.

Police were in the process to send his body to the Police Institute of Forensic Medicine for forensic autopsy.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/swedish-tourist-found-dead-inside-bathroom-pattaya/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-07-06

It will be suicide,too much trouble investigating a murder,

R.I.P. Swedish man,

regards worgeordie

A hand writing check needed here, also in all my time in LOS I have never heard of a bar girl/ barmaid going to a falaang's residence to check up on him.

Verdict, suicide from Gold Clubs and drinking to much water.

Sten Lundholm was a nice, happy and generous guy Survived by a Daughter and two Sisters.

He had many friends.

He liked Football and Music such as AC/DC, Credence Clearwater, Eminem...

He enjoyed his life here in Thailand very much.

R.I.P. dear fellow.

Edited by AlQaholic

Some one from the bar, you go to every day, want to know what happen!

What is the problem with that? I live in Kata 10 years ago and was a regular customer in one bar I like very mush, I help the lady's when they was sick and feel bad many time.

And one day I did not go to the bar because I had a small heart problem that I'm born with, that made that I could not manage to go there.

The owner of the bar sent over one of the girls to check me up.

So it happen if you are a good customer, and care for the lady's. :-)

Sorry for my English.lol I'm a SWED!

Edited by hellstens

What is the problem with that? I live in Kata 10 years ago and was a regular customer in one bar I like very mush, I help the lady's when they was sick and feel bad many time.

And one day I did not go to the bar because I had a small heart problem that I'm born with, that made that I could not manage to go there.

They will check if you don't pay bill 4 sure; or beat hell out of you with golf clubs.

It will be interesting to find out if the deceased had water in his lungs.

I think it most likely that the poor bugger was murdered, then placed in the seated position, with the bag of golf clubs used to support/ balance him in that pose

The suggestion that this could be suicide is ridiculous... A humans gag reflex and death throes, would make it impossible to drown oneself, whilst performing a balancing act of this type.... But then, I could be wrong, as people, are indeed, capable of amazing things

Hopefully a thai literate member will inform us of the autopsy outcome, as I'm guessing that this will be the last we hear of it... Unless the family get involved, as in Hannah's rape/murder debacle.

Sad event smells fishy to me how could he get the bag of golf clubs on his neck I think he was knocked unconscious and the the golf clubs place on his neck to stop his head falling out of the bucket and of course he hardly beat himself him so where did the bruises come from. Terrible end for a happy man R.I.P.

Gold clubs laying over his shoulders.must have been a golf pro.Gold clubs.??wonder how they got over his shoulders? no bar lady comes to check on me if i am not at the bar???

check his interest in the bar, I would wager he is more than just a customer

RIP

Your English is fine, Hellstens and your point is 100% valid. There is, by all indications, a good man down. These situations generally explain themselves, but this one, at least at first glance, stinks. Though I've often considered beating myself senseless with a set of golf clubs, my end game would have been to teach myself a lesson, and probably would not have been in a manner that would cause me to 'end it all,' face-first, in a bucket of water. Man, not being able to use profanity on this site can be such a handicap (absolutely no pun intended) sometimes.