Me first! Chinese tourists fight at 7-Eleven in battle for Thai souvenirs

webfact

Me first! Chinese tourists fight at 7-Eleven in battle for Thai souvenirs
By Coconuts Bangkok

chinese1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Two angry shoppers, said to be Chinese nationals, fought over a basket of Thai products at a 7-Eleven store — an incident that could have been easily avoided if they just walked 200 meters to another 7-Eleven.

The video, which went viral last night and amused Thai netizens to no end, showed two women fighting over the contents of a shopping basket as a man tried to calm them down.

The display ended when a salesperson desperately intervened and yelled in Thai, "Mee! Mee! Mee!" which simply means, “We have more!”

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/07/06/me-first-chinese-tourists-fight-7-eleven-battle-thai-souvenirs-video

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-07-06

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems the Queen of England has a point.

post-209291-0-63402500-1467798679_thumb.

According to TAT statistics, for the month of May, 2014 there were 302,823 Chinese visitors to Thailand. Their latest figures show that for May, 2016 there were 738,570 (with a prediction of even greater numbers in future).

Expect to see more displays of Chinese decorum coming to a store near you!

Seems the Queen of England has a point.

attachicon.gifme_me_me.jpg

According to TAT statistics, for the month of May, 2014 there were 302,823 Chinese visitors to Thailand. Their latest figures show that for May, 2016 there were 738,570 (with a prediction of even greater numbers in future).

Expect to see more displays of Chinese decorum coming to a store near you!

According to TAT 10mil this year lol rolleyes.gif

I was talking to a AOT person the other day and the gist was they are not welcome , they are sick-in tired of being abused and screamed at, she said that some were ok but many were bad, and the hotel I usually stay at in BKK on Sunday had them hanging out of the dinning area into the foyer having lunch, even 2 tables in the lift area , after a decade , last time I stay there......................................coffee1.gif .

Chinese tourist are proberly the most rudest and pushy people wherever you meet them and not just here.

I notice they try to intimidate , when they need to walk around you, you.re supposed to walk around them, I just keep walking, they move , I know on the HK MTR if a whitey gets on and they can they will move to another carriage, mainlanders hate whities.

I was talking to a AOT person the other day and the gist was they are not welcome , they are sick-in tired of being abused and screamed at, she said that some were ok but many were bad, and the hotel I usually stay at in BKK on Sunday had them hanging out of the dinning area into the foyer having lunch, even 2 tables in the lift area , after a decade , last time I stay there......................................coffee1.gif .

Yes, indeed it's a dinning (sic) area. Shouting and yelling, talking so loudly.

Yes, indeed it's a dinning (sic) area. Shouting and yelling, talking so loudly.

It's kind of sad to see TAT boasting about the increasing numbers of tourists, knowing full well that these figures are due solely to the massive inpour of mainland Chinese, while other nationalities are going down steadily.

Sad, because this sudden Chinese tourism is bringing peanuts to the small businesses in Thailand. A large majority are group tourists who buy their trips from Tour Operators in China, so that money stays there, for a start. Once in Thailand, they buy very little, just a few trinkets (most of which, ironically, are likely to be made in China). The Chinese Tour Operator buys the hotel rooms from the huge hotels which can accomodate very large groups (in Jomtien alone I've seen 'trains of buses' carrying them around, consisting of 20 buses ... that's roughly 800 people), and those businesses belong either to mega-rich sino-Thais or to Chinese companies. Same goes for the coach companies, the huge factory-like restaurants and the big entertainment venues.

Places like the Floating Market in Pattaya ended up going down the drain because they were flooded by Chinese tourists who bought next to nothing while making a good job of chasing away the other tourists.

In Chiangmai, Chinese tourists have become so numerous and abnoxious that many Western Tour Operators are now warning their customers against that destination, and recommend going to Myanmar instead. They like to recommend Angkor as well, but the site is also taken over by tourists from mainland China and the locals are horrified with their behaviour and the total disrespect they show for the temples.

I guess Mao kept in mind Karl Marx's famous phrase : 'religion is the opium of the people', and knowing full well that by controlling opium you controlled the people, he worked on replacing religious worship by worship of Mao, and did quite an efficient job at that. How many years will it take before the Chinese overcome the massive brainwashing they went through ?

Edited by Yann55

Most Chinese tourists I see, in many different countries, are very well-behaved. Some uppity hiso decided to post the clip without any context. Clearly he/she doesn't work in hospitality because without the Chinese market ( notwithstanding the comments in another post above about the return) there would be mass unemployment in the sector. They might not be high margin visitors but they keep a lot of businesses afloat.

Sitting in a large restaurant at Chiang Mai a few months back with my gf...enjoying a meal and a beer....in comes 15 or 20 chinese tourists...planted themselves at a large table about 10 metres away from us

Within an hour....the noise was unbearable...gf and I...could not hear ourselves speak yet we were sitting across from each other at a small table.

The Thai staff forgot everybody else in the restaurant and hovered around the Chinese folks table.....there was food being slam dunked into mouths as if there was no tomorrow....cigarette smoke billowing like a coal power station (I am a smoker myself).....and an absolute stew of spilt beer/wine/food spread all over the table...dripping onto the floor....

The Thai staff were flat our wai-ing to the Chinese as if the Chinese themselves were a reincarnation of the Lord Buddha..while the Chinese barked and snapped out orders like a Sergeant Major to the waiting staff.

I was a unique experience to see how other folk conduct themselves in public...something I am sure TAT would have been very proud to have seen..... as obviously their marketing program is actually working to attract quality tourists such as these.

If you see the khao ka moo stall along the old city moat close to the car showroom where they have a line of street stores ...you would have thought the Feng Fei Fei store was a religion....was there last week twice and both weeks I bought a dessert so that I could sit at the adjoining tables....

the business there was 95% Chinese and they were buying at least 3 plates / person....I could see the owner upgrading to a Ferrari and a giant moo baan by the time she retires...in 3 years...everything in cash nothing reported to the tax man...if you gross an average 30 seats at 125 baht for 3 plates each, she is grossing 75,000 nightly at a sped of 15 mins each customer turn for 4 hours opening time. At that rate she is growing 2 million a month !

Chinese tourist are proberly the most rudest and pushy people wherever you meet them and not just here.

I notice they try to intimidate , when they need to walk around you, you.re supposed to walk around them, I just keep walking, they move , I know on the HK MTR if a whitey gets on and they can they will move to another carriage, mainlanders hate whities.

The comment about the MTR is such rubbish.

Mainlanders don't really hate white people.

They all have MKS.

Middle Kingdom Syndrome.

As such they think, as a race, to stand between heaven and earth.

All other non chinese are barbarians, gwailoo.

On the other hand chinese find white people are uncouth, unrefined, boorish, whatever.

They are a superior race, is what they think.

Me?

I think chinese are &$#%&5$&3........

Mainlanders don't really hate white people.

They all have MKS.

Middle Kingdom Syndrome.

As such they think, as a race, to stand between heaven and earth.

All other non chinese are barbarians, gwailoo.

On the other hand chinese find white people are uncouth, unrefined, boorish, whatever.

They are a superior race, is what they think.

Me?

I think chinese are &$#%&5$&3........

Odd.. It would seem odd for them to think they are superior to me when they have to stand on a stool to look me in the eye (I'm on average 1 foot taller than most Asian men).

Also, the behavior I have seen from Chinese people in US/Canada does not jive with this.

Perhaps the ones that make it to US/Canada are more Hong Kong than Mainland and they have different customs/behaviours?

I love the Chinese tourists...they have come directly out of a cave...handed a fist full of money...and are circling the globe with their crude and rude behavior...what is not to like?

But be of good cheer...they are arguably the next world power to demand we all learn their language...to better serve them...

Just shoot me!