David Cameron warns ‘lessons need to be learned’ from UK’s handling of Iraq invasion

webfact

Cameron warns ‘lessons need to be learned’ from UK’s handling of Iraq invasion

606x341_337847.jpg

LONDON: -- UK Prime Minister David Cameron has urged Britain to learn lessons from the Chilcot Report. A Conservative backbencher in 2003, he voted in favour of military action in Iraq.

“Taking the country to war should always be a last resort and should only be done if all credible alternatives have been exhausted.”

“Yes, Britain has, and will continue to learn the lessons of this report. But as with our intervention against Daesh in Iraq and Syria today, Britain must not and will not shrink from its role on the world stage or fail to protect its people,” Cameron told parliament.

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn voted against going to war in Iraq.

He called for a more honest and independent relationship with the US to prevent a similar “act of military aggression” – as he put it – from happening again.

Eight months before the invasion of Iraq, the then-Labour leader and British Prime Minister Tony Blair told George Bush – the US President at the time – that he would be with him, “whatever.”

Critics claim this is proof of Blair’s deep-rooted intention to go to war. He maintains he made the decision “in good faith.”

“There are huge lessons for every single one of us here today,” said Corbyn. “We need to reflect very seriously before we take any decisions again to take military action without realising the consequences of those will live with all of us for many decades to come and have often incalculable consequences as a result,” said Blair.

Those against the decision to go to war say the situation fuelled a deep distrust in politicians and the ruling establishment.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-07-07

Yes, Britain has, and will continue to learn the lessons of this report.

What Britain needs to learn is that it's leaders are eager for war and spoils, and when the war is spoiled, those leaders tell Britain that it has to learn something.

Lesson to be learned....don't follow the republican war machine.

The war was illegal and was based on greed by those in power and those who paid the people in power in the USA government.

I just hope Bush and his evil minions have to answer for this as well but I will not hold me breath.

Lesson to be learned....don't follow the republican war machine.

The war was illegal and was based on greed by those in power and those who paid the people in power in the USA government.

I just hope Bush and his evil minions have to answer for this as well but I will not hold me breath.

There have been some extra big orders for whitewash place in the USA and Britain. After all never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Bush and Blair spreading enlightenment to an otherwise Darkened World. Whats the statistics for Iraq 180,000 dead millions displaced and a dysfunctional fragmented state. A small price to pay for Liberation.

Bush and Blair should both been in jail for going to war under false pretences, one of the worst crimes possible. And Blair's egoistical claim they were going to be the catalyst to spread democracy throughout the Arab world was either cynicism or naivety of the first order.