'ello 'ello 'ello - what's this bed doing in a karaoke room?

webfact

'ello 'ello 'ello - what's this bed doing in a karaoke room?

s2am.jpg
Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A fifty strong raid on a well known Khon Kaen pub in the early hours of Thursday morning turned up some unusual evidence.

They found double beds in the karaoke rooms - something that was not mentioned on the license, reported Thairath.

Police and soldiers joined forces with other agencies to mount the raid on the establishment in Prachasamran Road. The venue was not named. They found 200 people there at 2.20am, well after hours. Most were enjoying the live football from Euro 2016.

Everyone was given a urine test for drugs with three people showing the tell-tale purple color indicating drug use.

The karaoke rooms were divided into two sections - one for singing and one for swinging - with those double beds.

Nopadol Petchsut of the Khon Kaen force said that the crackdown on after hours venues would be ruthless - "All venues operating after legal hours will be shut down," he warned. "There will be no exceptions".

Also grounds for closure will be places not conforming to what is stated on the license to operate, like those beds.

The people who registered purple on their urine tests were taken away for further examination as to what they had consumed.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-08

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Message to "Entertainment Establishment" operators.

We meant it when we said contributions had to rise. The proceeds have to be stretched further now there is a new team on the block...

I hate these places and as far as I am concerned they can shut all of them down for good. They are nothing more than a Big Noise Box and they all feel above the law running as late as they wish. I finally found a quiet place to live in Pattaya with a beautiful balcony and view. Until they came along and opened a place down the street.

Not so bad if they would keep the volume down. or play some decent music. I can even hack "Elvis" and like I did when I was in Malta. But with the Base vibrating my windows with some Drunk Thai Man trying to sing a Thai Song, he forgot the words to, and every morning until 4 am, it is more than anyone can take. I could have filed a complaint... and again... and again, but it was just easier to move.

Will someone please tell the authorities how utterly ridiculous they look when they point at things for the press?

No please - the entertainment value of the silly photographs goes a little way to compensate for the incompetence.

Is it possible that it is only the members of the press corps who don't know what goes on in Thailand?

Everyone else does.

It always gives me a giggle though when some new wowser comes along and tries to change history.