Can I get a new visa in Phnom Penn

Hi, I'm new here so go easy on me. I've never done a visa run before I've only ever stayed in Thailand for less than three months at a time.

I came to Thailand from Yangon on a two month tourist visa that I got in the UK (I have a UK passport) which I've extended by 30 days (see image attachment).

Do I have to go back to the UK to get another visa or can I go to somewhere like Phnom Penn, stay for a few days, get another tourist visa and come back to Thailand?

I realise this is question is probably answered here already but I've heard a lot of conflicting information.

post-261980-0-08220500-1467980627_thumb.

Edited by monorobbie

You can go to Phnom Phen to get another tourist visa, no problem. You can also go to either Vientiane or Savannakhet in Lao to obtain another Visa or even Penang. Many options at your disposal.

Thanks, Rayk.

I actually came to Thailand in February from the UK on a second stint of a double entry visa and then went out to Yangon for one day and came in again on a single entry visa I'd got in the UK before I came out in February.

That's not likely to muddy the waters is it?

That "shouldn't" have worked, as you can't have two valid visas in your passport at the same time. But they missed it and stamped you in anyway, on a Visa not issued in the country you exited. Mistakes were made but not likely to affect you in any way getting a new Tourist Visa in any of the countries that haven't issued you one yet.

That "shouldn't" have worked, as you can't have two valid visas in your passport at the same time. But they missed it and stamped you in anyway, on a Visa not issued in the country you exited. Mistakes were made but not likely to affect you in any way getting a new Tourist Visa in any of the countries that haven't issued you one yet.

Oh that's interesting. I was worried about it at the time but it seemed to work.

So if I go to the Thai Embassy in PP and get a tourist visa, will it be for one or two months?

So, say I get a two month visa at the beginning of August but stay only an extra 3 weeks or so, come back to the UK for a while in September, could I still get another tourist visa from the UK while that other tourist visa was still valid but running out? I guess that old visa wouldn't matter too much as I wouldn't be allowed to re-enter on it anyway?

Oh that's interesting. I was worried about it at the time but it seemed to work.

So if I go to the Thai Embassy in PP and get a tourist visa, will it be for one or two months?

So, say I get a two month visa at the beginning of August but stay only an extra 3 weeks or so, come back to the UK for a while in September, could I still get another tourist visa from the UK while that other tourist visa was still valid but running out? I guess that old visa wouldn't matter too much as I wouldn't be allowed to re-enter on it anyway?

It will be for two months and can also be extended at immigration for 30 days at a cost of 1900B which gives a total of 90 days.

Once you leave Thailand your visa becomes invalid unless you get a re-entry permit at either the airport or immigration at a cost of 1000B.

Based on your original post, there would be no problem getting another TV in Phnom Penh, as the implication was that you only had one prior TV. With the additional information you have given, the chances are still good that you will get your visa, but Phnom Penh sometimes refuses visas to those with "several" already. If you want to be sure, Vientiane or Savannakhet might be safer.

• Like 1

Based on your original post, there would be no problem getting another TV in Phnom Penh, as the implication was that you only had one prior TV. With the additional information you have given, the chances are still good that you will get your visa, but Phnom Penh sometimes refuses visas to those with "several" already. If you want to be sure, Vientiane or Savannakhet might be safer.

Thanks, BritTim, I'll bear this in mind. I can always travel from PP to Vientiane is there's an issue.

I've got visas at PP many times.

I often use an agent who is good value for visa fee + $10 (that's 4 trips to & from the Embassy).

In recent years the agent states that 3 clear working days is needed (up until about 3 years ago it was a same-day process). Best to allow 5 day's if you flying, Mon-Fri.

If I got there around 17:30 (AirAsia), I could give my application to CT travel in the evening, it would then be submitted around 09:00 on Tuesday morning, and be picked up and ready at 18:00 on Thursday evening.

Bear in mind that if one misses a flight purchased with the lowest priced, low-cost fare, a new ticket will need to be purchased if the return flight is missed.

Probably, but be aware that the usual 2 day turn-around time may be as long a 4 or 5 days in Phnom Penh.

So plan on that possibility.

Or pay an agent extra for quicker service.

Edited by Andrew65

Guys,

They are stating at travel shops very recently in both Siem reap and Phnom Penn to allow five days for these visas and have been wanting silly ' commissions ' for faster service.

Guys,

They are stating at travel shops very recently in both Siem reap and Phnom Penn to allow five days for these visas and have been wanting silly ' commissions ' for faster service.

It has always been a multi-day affair if you go directly to the consulate (not recommended). Are you reporting that the "non expidited" processing-time has increased from 4 to 5 days?

Fees from agents have always been higher per-day-subtracted from the "non expidited" processing time. With good agents, the amount of extra-fees per day-saved is less than the cost of staying in PP the additional days, even on a frugal budget.

Edited by JackThompson