What a catch! Wouter the Dutchman marries Thai singer 21 years his senior!

rooster59

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like most people here don't know much about Thai culture. Many old and rich ladies over 40 marry a lot younger men, and many Thai ladies over 50, and many Thai men over 70, have new babies. They never will be abandoned if something happens with the parents. That is also a Thai family tradition.

And.... wise young farangs are a lot better "served" by older Thai women in every way....even with stunning beauty. That is also something most farangs don't know about.

I met so many Thai women over 40 that can win any beauty contest with ones in the 20's..with a plus. Independence and experience.

Amazingly.... most of those women still single and looking for new relationship, and with foreigners, and complaining that cannot not find any suitable or available on the places they are looking for.

This guy was smart and lucky!

Edited by Muzarella

Great lady, many years ago my missus was a back up dancer and singer for her when they both were starting out on the country circuit. Wouter probably wasn't even conceived then.

I first met her in 2003. very nice person and one of Thailand's great singers, Good luck to both of them. She deserves some happiness, her fist husband was cheating on her when she was pregnant, she already has two grown up boys. Strange if the ages were the other way around the snide comments would not be here.

Yes I agree, there are some very sick people on TV, extremely cynical, jaded, without heart and humour.

Barflys the lot of them, dregs of humanity who think they are funny.

They both look happy.. Another reason to love thailand.. Age makes no difference.. Only to foreigners with narrow minds

Have to disagree on this one. Differences in age and culture does matter. How a young falang male thinks compared to a normal mature Thai woman is vastly different, As for "Scruffy" it may be a way out of having to find a job or taking on responsibility. The fact that he will always be a second class citizen in Thailand with limited chances of becoming a citizen or finding a good job is most probably of little importance to him. Right now he is being taken care of and living in the moment. As they say "Good things don't last for ever baby". Roll forward 15 years ... middle aged, no money, living in a country with limited job opportunities ..... better him than me.

Hee Wouter you should make fellow-Dutchmen here in Thailand proud, instead of laughing out loud !

Take a good re-think and do it quickly, there is still time and there are so many fine ( and younger) Thai women around, and they cost you the same anyhow!

Great lady, many years ago my missus was a back up dancer and singer for her when they both were starting out on the country circuit. Wouter probably wasn't even conceived then.

I first met her in 2003. very nice person and one of Thailand's great singers, Good luck to both of them. She deserves some happiness, her fist husband was cheating on her when she was pregnant, she already has two grown up boys. Strange if the ages were the other way around the snide comments would not be here.

The snide comments would just be different.

They live in quite a nice newly built housing village. Her son (similar age to the toyboy) actually lives in the house opposite theirs. This is one of the few cases where a farang marries a wealthier woman.

Can you please tell me where it is common for a man to marry a wealthier woman?

Looks like most people here don't know much about Thai culture. Many old and rich ladies over 40 marry a lot younger men, and many Thai ladies over 50, and many Thai men over 70, have new babies. They never will be abandoned if something happens with the parents. That is also a Thai family tradition.

And.... wise young farangs are a lot better "served" by older Thai women in every way....even with stunning beauty. That is also something most farangs don't know about.

I met so many Thai women over 40 that can win any beauty contest with ones in the 20's..with a plus. Independence and experience.

Amazingly.... most of those women still single and looking for new relationship, and with foreigners, and complaining that cannot not find any suitable or available on the places they are looking for.

This guy was smart and lucky!

Tell them to look somewhere else.

it's all good , the naysayers are a bit jealous , their no money no career burned out bar g/friends are all they have . yikes .....i would mad also if i were them

Hee Wouter you should make fellow-Dutchmen here in Thailand proud, instead of laughing out loud !

Take a good re-think and do it quickly, there is still time and there are so many fine ( and younger) Thai women around, and they cost you the same anyhow!

dude you have spent way to much time on the swivel thrown , ehhh....(bar stool)

They both look happy.. Another reason to love thailand.. Age makes no difference.. Only to foreigners with narrow minds

Have to disagree on this one. Differences in age and culture does matter. How a young falang male thinks compared to a normal mature Thai woman is vastly different, As for "Scruffy" it may be a way out of having to find a job or taking on responsibility. The fact that he will always be a second class citizen in Thailand with limited chances of becoming a citizen or finding a good job is most probably of little importance to him. Right now he is being taken care of and living in the moment. As they say "Good things don't last for ever baby". Roll forward 15 years ... middle aged, no money, living in a country with limited job opportunities ..... better him than me.

We are all 2nd class here, not even citizens, so he will not be any different from any other foreigner. Do you really think young Issan girls married to old blokes in Birmingham, Munich or Montana do not think vastly differently from the clapped out nobodies they married? Better him than you I would say, has a good job and married to one of the most famous people in the country.

Edited by thai3

Yeah right, only foreigners have a problem with couples who have a significant difference in their ages.

Yeah right, only foreigners have a problem with couples who have a significant difference in their ages.

Right, unless it's Randy from California aged 77 marrying noi from Nakonnowhere aged 21 !

Right, unless it's Randy from California aged 77 marrying noi from Nakonnowhere aged 21 !

Nope. I never said I have a problem with couples who are of different generations.

I couldn't give a monkey's left tit. It's none of my business. Each to their own.

But don't tell me only foreigners have a problem with such relationships.

Edited by Bluespunk