Foreign National information Form

First report of it being asked for o arrival.

Form is similar to other versions of it that have been posted. At least they didn't want a photo for like some version have.

What type of entry were you doing? Visa? Exempt? Re-entry permit?

• Like 1

Form is similar to other versions of it that have been posted. At least they didn't want a photo for like some version have.

Hi Joe,

I'm on an O-A retirement visa, but, everyone was being handed out these... A mate of mine said the form he was given was one page - essentially same info but "Farrang" centric... If that makes sense?

Guy stamping me in was a nice guy, said I will need one when I do my 90 Day report... I have a permanent address so have typed mine up on my comp... If anything changes I can modify....

Just hope it helps others prepare - Or it may be abolished next week :-)

Thanks for the reply mate and for all the help you give people...

Mal

• Like 1

I have heard about it and read about here on TV and i fully expected to have to do one when i did my 90 day last Friday.

Wrote down all of the info,plate number and next of kin etc,they never ever mentioned it and i was in and out in 3 minutes.

This was in Hua-hin.

He said the file was Open Document Text (odt) so it is not a WORD format. Word might open it but better to use an ODT file viewer or application designed for this format.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

Has anyone seen what the penalities are for providing false, or maybe even incomplete, information in the social media section? I have a bunch of email accounts currently in use at various times for various reasons. What if I left a few out?

P.S I read somewhere the USA is doing this now as well.

I am the original poster. Of course I provided a *.pdf form in my post.

Jonathan's *.pdf form differs, in that it is "editable".

So you "permanent" guys (Like Me) can fill in at your leisure and at home - then take a few printed copies with you on your travels.

I think an editable PDF is better than *.odt and *.doc(x) etc... for those less computer savvy... However, they cannot be modified in the future, as "on rare occasions" things have been know to change in Thailand......coffee1.gif

Sooooo..... those of you comfortable editing things, best you get a copy of the *.odt file as well.

Thanks Jonathan.....

• Like 1

Has anyone seen what the penalities are for providing false, or maybe even incomplete, information in the social media section? I have a bunch of email accounts currently in use at various times for various reasons. What if I left a few out?

The Social media section says Optional.

Which is a good thing as I have more than 100 email accounts, a dozen or more Facebook accounts, numerous twitter, pinterest and instagram accounts etc

I came in from KL on the 4th June at China Mai International and had to fill out the same form. No visa. Just doing a short 10 day trip so normal 30 day on arrival.

It was strange that they were only handing them out to males and every male got one handed to them between the plane and immigration. No females ( well certainly the one I was with anyway and she says she didn't see any others doing it) were required to fill out.

I "scribbled" mine thinking it was just blah blah blah and the immigration guy went through it with me and "cleaned it up" so all was legible

Edited by hagler

From the way the form is designed it would appear that it is for the immigration officer to fill out, not the alien. Of course, there is no harm in helping the officer with it and it may ensure aore correct recording of the information.

I have heard about it and read about here on TV and i fully expected to have to do one when i did my 90 day last Friday.

Wrote down all of the info,plate number and next of kin etc,they never ever mentioned it and i was in and out in 3 minutes.

This was in Hua-hin.

Same with my 90 day in Jomtien last Wednesday. Nobody even asked for it.

I downloaded the ".odt" file. Word don't want to open it and give me a message that the file is damaged.

Could you please check and replace the file. Thank you.

To open a .odf file, use LibreOffice (preferred) or OpenOffice, both of which can also handle most MS Office files. Microsoft's software does not properly support the Open Document Format. Microsoft wants you to use their proprietary formats that lock you into buying their products in the future.

If you do not want to download and install that, you can use a simple text editor, such as TextEdit, which comes pre-installed with MacOS.

Arrived vack BKK last Thursday, am on retirement extension, no sign / mentioning of the new form, got stamped back in in less than 30 seconds.

I can only imagine the pandemonium and long waits that will result if they begin handing these out in the immigration hall at BKK, requiring its completion before being processed and stamped it.

• Like 2

Arrived vack BKK last Thursday, am on retirement extension, no sign / mentioning of the new form, got stamped back in in less than 30 seconds.

I can only imagine the pandemonium and long waits that will result if they begin handing these out in the immigration hall at BKK, requiring its completion before being processed and stamped it.

I guess they would need to hand them out on the planes along with the landing cards.

It is interesting to see Thailand increasing the use of paper forms at the same time first world countries are trying to get rid of them.

I guess they would need to hand them out on the planes along with the landing cards.

It is interesting to see Thailand increasing the use of paper forms at the same time first world countries are trying to get rid of them.

Yes, hopefully they would hand them out on the planes. I will bet the flight attendants are going to love this as well, with non-English speakers trying to struggle through them and asking for assistance.

And it is interesting to see Thailand increasing the amount of paper. I have done a considerable amount of travel, but I have never seen an arrival form that was this detailed and time consuming to complete. Well, I have never flown to North Korea, but they could be the only exception.

Yes, hopefully they would hand them out on the planes. I will bet the flight attendants are going to love this as well, with non-English speakers trying to struggle through them and asking for assistance.

And it is interesting to see Thailand increasing the amount of paper. I have done a considerable amount of travel, but I have never seen an arrival form that was this detailed and time consuming to complete. Well, I have never flown to North Korea, but they could be the only exception.

I can remember going into Burma (at least the official route) 30 years ago. They had a form where you, not only had to list your foreign currency down to the last cent, but had to list every item in your possession that could possibly have resale value. While inside the country, every foreign exchange transaction and every purchase had to be religiously noted on their b---y form. All this was carefully audited on your exit from the country. For some reason, they did not get a lot of repeat tourists at that time. I wonder why.

Does anyone know if it has to be two separate sheets or can it be on both sides of one sheet, before i print out the PDF form?

Thanks for any help

I submitted my form at Chaengwattana last week, a double sided single page form.

Sounds like a load of crap to me,,they have all our necessary info on their computers,,,so why would they want it again?As for motorbike and car they are most of the time in the wife's name,so is the House,The rest is Bullshit,Face book(who cares ) Social places to visit(Pub,Tesco,Makro),,Who cares,,,,Staying home look after Garden and Lawn,,,thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Your P.S.

Now you are talking, it always is the Sheriff of the world that comes up with BS same as the forms the Thai bank shove in front of you to fill in for some unknown reason, just because it was on orders of the Washington fascist clique. Be prepared things are going to get worse when Killary gets to get going next January.