It’s official: Expats in Thailand are deliriously happy!

webfact

Strange how not one single Thai visa member has come forth and said they took part in this fairy tale survey.

TV should be banning itself for 7 days for breaking its own forum rules on trolling.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can most live in bkk or Pattaya and own property ? Foreigners are not allowed to own property ,thaivisa got that bit wrong ,what else?

Than I guess all those foreigners in Phuket that were told they needed to get a work permit in order to rent out their condos have nothing to worry about.

They have nothing to worry about because they were not told they "needed" to get a work permit. They were told not to rent out < 30 days

How can most live in bkk or Pattaya and own property ? Foreigners are not allowed to own property ,thaivisa got that bit wrong ,what else?

Than I guess all those foreigners in Phuket that were told they needed to get a work permit in order to rent out their condos have nothing to worry about.

They have nothing to worry about because they were not told they "needed" to get a work permit. They were told not to rent out < 30 days

How does this thread move on to property in Phuket?

Strange how not one single Thai visa member has come forth and said they took part in this fairy tale survey.

TV should be banning itself for 7 days for breaking its own forum rules on trolling.

if its the survey I think it is...I did take part in the survey, but as stated earlier the questions were loaded, not allowed to make further comments other than answer the questions and my inbox was flooded with spam relating to "offers" in Thailand shortly after participating...Coincidence ?

and how did they select the 884? why not just do an online survey and all allow everyone to vote? I cant believe ThaiVisa would indulge in this and how many times is Pattaya mentioned? TWELVE times!

Edited by LannaGuy, Today, 08:26 .

Well said. But I have to admit I love living here in Thailand

and how did they select the 884? why not just do an online survey and all allow everyone to vote? I cant believe ThaiVisa would indulge in this and how many times is Pattaya mentioned? TWELVE times!

I believe it was an on line survey, if its the one I think it was...and the reason Pattaya is mentioned so much is that the the survey was most likely commissioned by the new owners of TV, who happen to be Pattaya based and are owners of "Inspire" which is also Pattaya based, ergo their frame of reference is Pattaya

I think perhaps the forum is hoping to shift it's readership from the aging, grumpy and poor demographic to younger, happier expats with a decent income to spend. It's pretty obvious which group advertisers would prefer to reach, after all.

Just over a week after condo owners were told they face jail and hefty fines if they rent out their units for less than 30 days, one condominium in Phuket has taken the step of informing its condo owners they need a work permit if they want to rent out their units. Following consultation with lawyers, juristic staff at the Phuket Palace Condominium in Patong claim the Ministry of Labour has confirmed that condo owners who rent out their units require a work permit. They say this is because money is exchanged for the rental of the unit. They also claim that the proper taxation must be paid to Patong municipality

Then I must have imagined this mcfly.

Most tourists and expats living on the cheap don't care about what happens here. They just want their happy life in Thailand. If they really cared about human rights, they might leave, Those without choices stay and moan more. It's all about the money in the end. The potential tourists who care about human rights don't visit Thailand. And others have chosen to stay away from Thailand. Some don't care about human rights and the abuses of the un-elected regime in power.

If you live now in Thailand than please remember that you came here voluntarily and also can leave voluntarily.

"A whopping near 80% professed themselves either happy or blissful"

The same 50 posters post 50 times a day about how miserable they are on TV does tend to create the illusion that most are miserable.

You miserable lot need to lift your game and up the ante

I think perhaps the forum is hoping to shift it's readership from the aging, grumpy and poor demographic to younger, happier expats with a decent income to spend. It's pretty obvious which group advertisers would prefer to reach, after all.

Are you calling me a grumpy ageing old man? You may be right. (Still got some hair and not fat, wife is same age as me. She is fat )

On topic though, Thailand for all its flaws is still a pretty cool country to live in. The weather is great, the people are generally pretty nice, the pace of life is good, the ease and accessibility with which one can get out and enjoy the country is top notch, the food is outstanding, the women are leagues above western women in almost every sense, and money can be saved pretty easily.

There are pitfalls sure, but if you take care of yourself, show respect and try to be a good citizen I find you have almost no problems.

Agreed! The nay sayers are the ones scratching to make a living. Even if you earn only 25K a month you can still have a lifestyle that's the envy of lowly paid people in the west! Sure, everybody moans and complains, so what! If you don't like to read it.....don't read it!

Life here is as good as YOU make it! smile.pngthumbsup.gifwai.gif

Just over a week after condo owners were told they face jail and hefty fines if they rent out their units for less than 30 days, one condominium in Phuket has taken the step of informing its condo owners they need a work permit if they want to rent out their units. Following consultation with lawyers, juristic staff at the Phuket Palace Condominium in Patong claim the Ministry of Labour has confirmed that condo owners who rent out their units require a work permit. They say this is because money is exchanged for the rental of the unit. They also claim that the proper taxation must be paid to Patong municipality

You still got it wrong!!

it was An anonymous letter hand typed and unsigned .....And you said they needed to get a work permit. that was not said. That would make it a letter of demand which it clearly wasnt

No work permit needs to be produced..learn to read and learn to quote smile.png

You still got it wrong!!

it was An anonymous letter hand typed and unsigned .....And you said they needed to get a work permit. that was not said

If the thread is moving towards property I could bore everyone about a house in Kho Samui. Actually made some money on it, exchange rates helped. My wife owns me. Quite delirious myself. If I choose to ponder things the only thing I own in life is a mobile phone.

The survey picked their targets well to get the desired result. Pure Thainess, well done.

I don't think they did, the survey I believe was a link on TV and anyone could respond...where the questions loaded to steer towards a know result ? most likely

and you couldn't make any comments...

I believe it was an on line survey, if its the one I think it was...and the reason Pattaya is mentioned so much is that the the survey was most likely commissioned by the new owners of TV, who happen to be Pattaya based and are owners of "Inspire" which is also Pattaya based, ergo their frame of reference is Pattaya

Ah. That's why I saw an ad banner at the Jomthien spa I was at last week, sporting both TVF and Inspire logos. IMHO after TVF was sold it's been steady downhill down the yellow press road.

Hello Fellow Happy people,

Before I write what I am going to write I have to acknowledge that I will be trolled, abused, mocked, disparaged, ridiculed and quite possibly in the minority of cases be agreed with.

I have said it before and I will say it again, for those who feel the need to constantly bemoan their existence in Thailand, who feel it necessary to come up with a conspiracy theory on everything regardless of how trivial, please stop!

Crime, lawlessness, drugs, alcohol, prostitution, corrupt officials and bad driving happen everywhere in the world in varying degrees, there is no perfect state, no Nirvana - unless of course you can find a place of total isolation and be self sufficient. Among those states of varying degrees across the globe there may well be one which matches your needs a little better, one where you can feel a little more rounded or at home without the need to complain and I truly hope you will find such a place.

The message from me is heartfelt and please take it in the manner it is intended and it is 'do yourself and others a favour and move', unless you have some kind of travel embargo may I suggest you pack a bag and hop on some kind of transport and find your very own paradise thus leaving the rest of us to enjoy Thailand and allow the Thai people to have access to those of us who actually appreciate them.

Look forward to the myriad of responses I am sure to get.

Have a great day.biggrin.png

you cant be DELIRIOUS now who said that? oh i know it was that tennis brat.

The survey picked their targets well to get the desired result. Pure Thainess, well done.

I don't think they did, the survey I believe was a link on TV and anyone could respond...where the questions loaded to steer towards a know result ? most likely

This is going to end up like Brexit , where a lot who participated now refuse to accept the result biggrin.png

You still got it wrong!!

it was An anonymous letter hand typed and unsigned .....And you said they needed to get a work permit. that was not said. That would make it a letter of demand which it clearly wasnt

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/930569-Confusion-as-condo-owners-told-they-must-have-a-work-permit-to-rent-out-units

Nowhere in this article does it state it was from an Anonymous person nor was it unsigned.

What part of 'must have' do you not understand, which I might add is a demand.

It clearly states in the original post that condo owners need a work permit. It is also mentioned they require a work permit. What difference does it make which tense I am using the verb in.

I think you're the one that needs to learn to read mcfly.

This is going to end up like Brexit , where a lot who participated now refuse to accept the result biggrin.png

Who participated, I haven't heard one person say they had participated. Is it because they are all still passed out from being drunk the night before? Quite possibly.

Is Brexit going to be the new go to point on the forum? You seem to be having a moan. Stop moaning and do something. I totally understand that moaning is the easy option.

Archived