Foreigner Beaten in Walking Street A-Go-Go

webfact

Foreigner Beaten in Walking Street A-Go-Go
Story by Albert Jack

paa.jpg

PATTAYA: -- 4am on the morning of July 12 the Pattaya Police were informed of an assault on a tourist at the Showgirl Go Go Bar on LK Metro, central Pattaya.

Outside the venue an unidentified western man was being treated by medics for wounds to both sides of his face and he was bleeding heavily from a head injury. After emergency treatment he was taken to hospital.

Witnesses said he ran out of the bar claiming he had been attacked for not paying for a drink. Staff inside the venue claim he had run up a bill of 4,130 baht and refused to pay it. They said nobody working at the venue was involved and that he had been beaten by other guests.

The police were not convinced by this story and asked for CCTV footage only to be told the cameras were not working. The venue manager has been taken to the police station and charged with ‘being open after hours.’

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/227109/foreigner-beaten-walking-street-go-go/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-07-12

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a tourist of the mongering kind, carry certain number of risks to life and limbs, be it known

to all ' tourists ' that comes to Thailand looking for action that there're limitations as how far

you can let your hair down and play the field thinking that the locals are bunch of morons.....

Quote; The injured tourist was treated at the hospital and then quickly discharged himself after being told that this particular venue has a record of beating up guests and he feared somebody would turn up to look for him in the emergency room.

So this go-go place apparently have staff that like to beat up customers, <deleted>?? I wish the army would give some payback big time, send in 25 troops after they been told to trash the place including the bouncers.

Seems some of the bouncers in Pattaya loves to beat up westerners but off-course not one on one, but 4 to 1 minimum. Brainless cowards.

+4000 baht bar bill, another typical scam some venues practice when the times are hard.

Pay for each drink, don't wait until you want to leave.

Anybody aware of this from the report -

There have been many warnings on social media about this venue and westerners have been warned before to avoid it.

If so they seemed to have passed me by?

4,130 baht drunk by one person would put most people on their arse let alone walk around after being beaten . something stinks with this story from the go go bar and maybe a lot of lady drinks added to his check bin without his knowledge .

Obviously Pattaya geography is not one of 'Albert Jack's' strong points.

Well, don't be too picky.

LK is almost "a" walking street if you beware of the speeding motorbike hools cheesy.gif

4000 Baht bill: first you have one "lady", she has a thirsty friend. the friend has a friend, the friend of the friend has a friend..

In the end all the ladies are YOUR friend biggrin.png

Easy.

Edited by KhunBENQ

4,130 baht drunk by one person would put most people on their arse let alone walk around after being beaten . something stinks with this story from the go go bar and maybe a lot of lady drinks added to his check bin without his knowledge .

Where does it say he drunk it himself? I imagine he was the toast of the bar buying LD's until it was time to pay, try not paying a bar bill in any red light area around the world and see what happens

Just looking at the photo's the bar has produced his bill, looks fine to me, its not a bar where chits are put in the bin, its POS bill and he brought a shed load of LD's

Edited by donnybay

Where does it say he drunk it himself? I imagine he was the toast of the bar buying LD's until it was time to pay, try not paying a bar bill in any red light area around the world and see what happens

Just looking at the photo's the bar has produced his bill, looks fine to me, its not a bar where chits are put in the bin, its POS bill and he brought a shed load of LD's

The bill only shows that he was charged for a shed load of LD's.

Sure, the ladies wanted to drink with him because he hansum man.

+4000 baht bar bill, another typical scam some venues practice when the times are hard.

He had an automated bill very clearly itemising all the lady drinks he bought, and there were a lot, so where's the "typical scam"?

Read the link and look at the photo of the bill. With a bill the physical size of his it's difficult to see how he wouldn't know about what he was being charged for.

looking at the bill, he had a few drinks maybe 4 draught beers the rest are all lady drinks - I counted 20 at 160 a pop, it clearly says on the bill "lady" although some confusion as to what these actually were as on the same line it says apple juice or similar, so assuming he had 4 drinks (maybe a couple of shots) he probably wasn't in there very long maybe an hour and was likely pissed when he entered, at that time of the morning it looks like he bought everyone a drink.....or did he ?????

Like it says on the original news linky - this place is one to be avoided

He had an automated bill very clearly itemising all the lady drinks he bought, and there were a lot, so where's the "typical scam"?

the point being was he aware he was buying them and was the bill on his table the same as the one he got when leaving, from the original post in the link it seems this is not the first time this has happened, like I said above - a place to be avoided as stated on the OP

Bill padding, they add additional items to your bill (if you're drunk they add far more).

Even respectable bars do that. I know that and I don't go to bars.

But the mom and pop stores also add extra items to foreigner bills if you don't watch them.

It's common behaviour for Thais to steal from foreigners (and out of town Thais).

Bill padding, they add additional items to your bill (if you're drunk they add far more).

But the mom and pop stores also add extra items to foreigner bills if you don't watch them.

It's common behaviour for Thais to steal from foreigners (and out of town Thais).

I check every bill everywhere not just Thailand

I check every bill everywhere not just Thailand

Me too, but it's hard, not many items are priced, so you have to remember the shelf price, then watch as they ring it in the till.

But quite a lot of shops here have the till display angled so you can't see it, they they often don't want to hand you the receipt.

I've stopped buying in a Family Mart and a Mom and Pop shop near me because they don't give till receipts, and the bills seem higher than the shelf prices would indicate.

I've also noticed a 7-11 where they only ring up the sub-total (discounts not applied) take your money, then press the total bill after you have left and keep the difference.

Edited by MissAndry

I've also noticed a 7-11 where they only ring up the sub-total (discounts not applied) take your money, then press the total bill after you have left and keep the difference.

How does that work? dont they need to total for the till to open and give you your change?

Really? There are still "quality tourists" being "Big Man on Campus" and buying rounds of "Lady Drinks" ... and then claiming to not know they cost double?

You can't fix stupid.

He was luck to walk away with only a few bruises.

Complete idiot. Really.

How does that work? dont they need to total for the till to open and give you your change?

They don't close the till (fully) from the last customer.

Quote; The injured tourist was treated at the hospital and then quickly discharged himself after being told that this particular venue has a record of beating up guests and he feared somebody would turn up to look for him in the emergency room.

So this go-go place apparently have staff that like to beat up customers, <deleted>?? I wish the army would give some payback big time, send in 25 troops after they been told to trash the place including the bouncers.

Seems some of the bouncers in Pattaya loves to beat up westerners but off-course not one on one, but 4 to 1 minimum. Brainless cowards.

Come to Sydney and skimp on paying, bouncers will kill you !