TAT to raise revenue to 905 bil baht next year via new campaign

webfact

BANGKOK, 12 July 2016 (NNT) - The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is planning to increase its revenue next year to 905 billion baht via a new tourism campaign that promotes cross-country travels.

TAT Governor Yutthasak Suphasorn said the TAT will introduce people to five major events that include running, arts, music, food and talk shows. They will be held throughout the year in every part of the country.

The campaign targets Generation Y, health conscious women and those in a silver age group. The TAT hopes to capitalize on these groups as they possess greater buying power and are well connected with their peers on social media.

The new campaign also caters to people who love food. Information on delicious local dishes and their whereabouts will be provided on the TAT’s website to foodies.

Local businesses are expected to benefit from the tourism campaign too, as more people will be traveling upcountry next year. Manufacturers of locally made goods have been urged to take this opportunity to create good quality products to attract buyers from these target groups.

Mr. Yutthasak added this tourism campaign will also be incorporated in the TAT’s existing ‘12 hidden gems’ theme to increase more tourist arrivals in 12 local attractions.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-07-12 footer_n.gif

I think he should look at his calculations again, I make it 907.4567recurring Billion Baht.

I know it is pedantic, but if you are not accurate people may suspect that you are making it all up....

smile.png

Edited by JAG

blink.png Just think about how that amount of money could be used to upgrade the country's infrastructure, including implementing a fully functioning modern public transport system on it's largest tourist island, ongoing lack of which is one of the many reasons those who aren't 'bussed' around (Chinese) aren't coming back.

Also, will there be a breakdown of this 'budget'? Thought not.

i want to know how many tourist arrivals that will be. has gone up steadily by about 1 million a year for the last 10 years but seems to be increasing faster now tourism appears to be declining. i am one of the many helping tourist arrivals as my new visa requires i cross the boarder every 90 days instead of reporting to jomtien. i am now counted as 4 tourists every year, note however my spending is about the same however.

The TAT have pretty much ruined Thailand tourism since ive been here - and no the rise of Chinas wealth doesnt mean squat! the TAT are without a doubt the most incompetent at promoting Thailand - and their surveys Huba this huba that,. garbage!

Could someone maybe start by explaining to him, that TAT, been a "promotion agency", do not have revenue... They have a budget allocated smile.png

A campaign costs money, does not make revenue...

Or does he mean that TAT just got another "phony" idea so he can ask for more budget and brownies? cheesy.gif

---

Now let's see summarize:

1 - Cross-country travels (that would mean domestic travel as there is no "s" at country)

2- targets Generation Y, health conscious women and those in a silver age group (who are poor and retired aren't they for the majority?)

3- TAT’s existing ‘12 hidden gem (oh yes, those 12 under-developed province where there is nothing to do?)

Sounds like a plan for 905B THB clap2.gif clap2.gif

Edited by CantSpell

Someone needs to be fired. If TAT outsourced to a respected worldwide marketing firm, they would get much better results, and save on all of these wasted salaries and pensions. for 100s of billions of baht a year, they could get something done. Spend the savings on keeping tourists from getting killed, maimed, and robbed and beaten. Just sayin

This must apply to domestic tourism only as overall income figures are over 2 trillion baht.

I believe you are correct.

TAT announced in June 2016 that on domestic travels, 75 million trips has been made by Thai during in the first half of this year, which higher than last year's figures by 4 percent, resulting in a revenue of 416 billion baht. TAT's forecast of tourism activity during the third quarter of 2016 may reach a revenue of 635 billion baht for a total revenue of about 1 trillion baht through the third quarter.

But now TAT is projecting next year's revenue at 905 billion baht ?

Someone needs to be fired. If TAT outsourced to a respected worldwide marketing firm, they would get much better results, and save on all of these wasted salaries and pensions. for 100s of billions of baht a year, they could get something done. Spend the savings on keeping tourists from getting killed, maimed, and robbed and beaten. Just sayin

Won't happen. Thais got nothing to learn from foreigners.

Winnie