Villa Market, assistance

Thanyaburi Mac

Anyone going down to Villa at Suk Soi 33+?

I was there Saturday morning, saw Miracle Whip Lite on the shelf, figured it was on sale as I saw a sign Buy One Get One, or something close to that, so I picked up two jars.

When I got home and checked the receipt, saw that I was charged baht 120 twice, one for each jar.

Now it's possible that sale sign was for another item, above or below the Miracle Whip.

So, if someone's going there could you please check, see if the sign's still there and take a photo of it? That'd give me a bit more leverage with Customer Service for a refund.

Thanks.

Mac

Flippin' 'ell.

Photographs? Returning to store? Customer service? Refund?

Is it worth it for 120 baht when you already have an additional item and are not even sure you got it right? Time and trouble and that?

Or is it a matter of principle?

These offers are usually programmed into the till, as we know. I shouldn't imagine Villa Mart are scamming here.

Oh, I don't think at all that they're scamming, not worth it to them given their large expat customer base. But, it's not unknown that that sale notices sometimes don't make to the cash register. I note this fairly often at the Tesco-Lotus I normally trade with and have a chuckle with local management when I catch one out.

In any case, I'd like to know if I am correct, or not, and if so, ding them a bit for reimbursement. If I just misread the sign, then my bad....

Mac

Got to have good eyesight for some of those promotions. I've complained before when I thought I'd had been overcharged. Then they showed me the promotion had finished. Didn't have my glasses with me so couldn't see the small print with the date on it.

Could it be you have to be a member to get the promotional price? Not sure if Villa does that, but the supermarket in Emporium does.

I rarely used to check my receipt, but having been charged for 5 breads once (bought one), I always watch it closely now.

I shop at all the major Bangkok supermarkets: Villa, Foodland, Max Value, ect. and have learned that it's best to keep your "Buy 1-Get 1"'s and reduced price items in a special place in the cart. When checking out, I always put these items on the belt last and say to the cashier, "Buy one, get one."

They give me that "Farang bah" look but it works.

Oh, I don't think at all that they're scamming, not worth it to them given their large expat customer base. But, it's not unknown that that sale notices sometimes don't make to the cash register. I note this fairly often at the Tesco-Lotus I normally trade with and have a chuckle with local management when I catch one out.

In any case, I'd like to know if I am correct, or not, and if so, ding them a bit for reimbursement. If I just misread the sign, then my bad....

Mac

Have you checked the bottom of the sales receipt? These types of discounts are usually programmed into the computer, the check out person just scans as usual and the computer makes the adjustment at the bottom.

Also, have you checked the expiration date on the jars? The store has little incentive to give that kind of a discount unless it is an advertised loss leader or the computer has told them they are overstocked on an item that previous sales say will not be gone before expiration date is reached. Common tactic all over the world in the grocery business.

Th

Archived