Prosecutor backtracks on bringing red bull heir to court

snoop1130

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many of you want to change a system that has been working for several hundred years, get over it guys the system has been working for them how long? Nah it not going to happen just you guys burning up your key pads

If this is, in fact, true, then my respect for this country has complete and utterly been erroded.

Red Bull heirs guilty of reckless driving resulting in fatal accidents getting off scott free; little hiso lasses driving under the influence and fatally injuring 9(?) minibus passangers getting a few hours community service; some poor, innocent Burmese labourers taking the rap for two tourists' deaths on Koh Tao just to deflect attention from a certain influential island businessman's son; coppers' children savegly slaughtering a helpless, crippled man (fair enough, their fate has yet to be decided, but, call me cynical if you will, but I doubt they'll receive any punishment worth mentioning).

This simply cannot be happening...

It's too much abuse of power...

When will it stop?

When will it stop?

When the people become sufficiently fed up with the whole rotten system that they kick away one of the props and the whole construction crashes to the ground.

When will that be ? Well it will take a catalyst. Something which is not part of the reaction, but whose presence is required to enable the reaction. That may be quite soon.

If I was a Thai prosecutor, I would be so embarrassed. Don't they realise that the country and larger international community are laughing at them once again? Just, wow!

Why would they care what the world thinks.Life goes on here.To para phrase somebody who used to be somebody"the world is not my father".

This just shows how detached Thailand is from the rest of the World.

For a state prosecutor to say such ridiculous things and then run away is such a shameful thing to do. Prosecutors in other countries would hang their heads in shame.

Thailand really is like a bubble, it has it's own rules that seem like they have been in place for a thousand years, but they look so out of place in the modern World. Just turning away from this is just not acceptable behaviour today, the guy did wrong and no matter how rich he is he should face justice.

This thinking, along with Face, xenophobia and coupled with the political instability is why Thailand will lose out to the Philippines and Vietnam in the not too distant future. They are both already rapidly closing the gap and Thailand is going backwards dramatically in GDP whilst the Philippines will see 7% growth this year.

Thailand needs to reform and grow up and do it quickly. If the military really want to gain some popularity they could intervene here and bring this guy to trial.

And the PM insists that no one is above the law! At least that's what he says on Friday evenings. Monks, the Rich etc etc etc.....In the limit it's probably only tourists and expats who aren't Ha! whistling.gif Don't mind me just grumbling that's all.bah.gif

If this is, in fact, true, then my respect for this country has complete and utterly been erroded.

Red Bull heirs guilty of reckless driving resulting in fatal accidents getting off scott free; little hiso lasses driving under the influence and fatally injuring 9(?) minibus passangers getting a few hours community service; some poor, innocent Burmese labourers taking the rap for two tourists' deaths on Koh Tao just to deflect attention from a certain influential island businessman's son; coppers' children savegly slaughtering a helpless, crippled man (fair enough, their fate has yet to be decided, but, call me cynical if you will, but I doubt they'll receive any punishment worth mentioning).

When will it stop?

When will it stop?

When the people become sufficiently fed up with the whole rotten system that they kick away one of the props and the whole construction crashes to the ground.

When will that be ? Well it will take a catalyst. Something which is not part of the reaction, but whose presence is required to enable the reaction. That may be quite soon.

The people are still recovering from the last time they stood up.That time it divided the country.This has to be a combined effort,ala Arab Spring,with a better outcome.When pollies enter the fray and set the agenda,all is lost.It has to come from the grassroots and students.

I sometimes wonder what it will take for the Thais who are decent to rise up and give it this lot right up the jacksy!

Of course teaching them the hierarchy from birth and drumming it in with force at birth doesnt help.

Without singling you out, if you are doing nothing except complaining and not out rioting, then you are accepting such practices and giving legitimacy to the current system.

I remember years ago when everyone was saying how the military would put an end to corruption and how the Thaksin voters were stupid and ignorant. Now who are the stupid and ignorant people?

Sorry but Thailand have ended up with the leaders that they deserve.

Still the Thaksin voters - or do you think they voted this criminal because of cleverness and understanding?

Dear sweatalot. Since you obviously can't bear to see anyone speak negatively of the junta maybe you can explain to us how you still believe the "PM" when he says that none are above the law in Thailand?

Thank you for your kind consideration!

Hardly any point pressing for a conviction. He'll only be immediately bailed like all the others and then it's an entirely different battle.

Such is the power of the Network. And the system is so entrenched it is not likely to be 'reset' any time soon, by anything.

I understand everybody's outrage but let's face it, how many of you didn't already know that this would be the outcome?

Yes, but everything is supposed to be different now, with the altruistic junta in charge! The "PM" said that no one is above the law in Thailand so obviously I believed him. He said he didn't want to become "PM", so I believed him. He said there would be no coup, so I believed him. He said there would be elections in 2014, 2015, 2016, so I believed him - each time. He said he would fight corruption, so I believed him.

I guess I was wrongcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

Edited by MZurf

I understand everybody's outrage but let's face it, how many of you didn't already know that this would be the outcome?

I guess we all live in hope, and when it doesn't happen we resort back to outrage.

I guess we all live in hope, and when it doesn't happen we resort back to outrage.

Depression is shattered hope. Outrage is shattered illusion.

Depression is shattered hope. Outrage is shattered illusion.

Actually "despair" is shattered hope (depression is a medical condition), and "reality" is shattered illusion.

When will it stop?

... And don't forget TRT bigwig Chalerm's son Duangchalerm who got away with shooting and killing a police officer in the head at point blank range, in front of witnesses, because he had accidentally stepped on the little rat's toe in a pub. This was in the mid-nineties if I remember correctly and twenty years later justice has yet to be served.