No levy on the Levis - fake jeans' producers rounded up

snoop1130

No levy on the Levis - fake jeans' producers rounded up

post-249866-0-02372100-1468326098_thumb.

BANGKOK:-- Economic crime police announced the seizure of a large haul of fake jeans being produced and readied for sale in two premises in the Nonthaburi area of Bangkok.

A total of 120,000 pairs of jeans were taken into evidence worth 7 million baht. The clothing was being cut and sewn and pirated with fakes were imitation Levis, Evisu and Diesel clothing.

Two men were also arrested but were not named.

Kittisap Thongsriwong of the Crime Suppression Divisions Economic department said that this was a big operation with one of the raided premises used for production of the clothing and the other as a storage and delivery center.

The people producing the goods will be charged with selling pirated products but the brand owners also have the right to make separate claims for damages against those responsible.

Source: Thai News Agency: http://www.tnamcot.com/content/511873

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-12

I'm no expert but isn't Levi's out of fashion these days?

it's never been in fashion TBH. Unless you enjoy the company of your sister on the end of you penis...that kind of circle it may have been fashionable..

Good workwear though.

Two men were also arrested but were not named.........

the brand owners also have the right to make separate claims for damages against those responsible.

​might be a bit difficult if they don't know their names.

regards worgeordie

it's never been in fashion TBH. Unless you enjoy the company of your sister on the end of you penis...that kind of circle it may have been fashionable..

Good workwear though.

I don't have a sister but if I did please explain how she ended up on the end of my penis because two guys in Bangkok were making fake Levis?

Good workwear though.

I don't have a sister but if I did please explain how she ended up on the end of my penis because two guys in Bangkok were making fake Levis?

Can i send a hand written letter explaining it instead?

Good workwear though.

Can i send a hand written letter explaining it instead?

Sorry Franky,

My wife says:

"Negative,Ghost Rider,the pattern is full"

In the MBK they sold Levi's 501 for 600 baht, the shop was always full of farang tourists, Don't know which jeans is the bomb now but i guess the 501 is still hot.

In the year 2000 on my first trip here to Thailand I bought a couple of pairs of Diesel jeans from MBK on the ground floor. 16 years later and they are still going strong, yet when I have bought jeans fro a proper endorsed jeans shop they seem to fall apart within a few years. Maybe these brand copiers from Thailand should just start their own company as their goods are just as good if not better than the market leading brands.

In the MBK they sold Levi's 501 for 600 baht, the shop was always full of farang tourists, Don't know which jeans is the bomb now but i guess the 501 is still hot.

In the year 2000 on my first trip here to Thailand I bought a couple of pairs of Diesel jeans from MBK on the ground floor. 16 years later and they are still going strong, yet when I have bought jeans fro a proper endorsed jeans shop they seem to fall apart within a few years. Maybe these brand copiers from Thailand should just start their own company as their goods are just as good if not better than the market leading brands.

The shop i was referring to was in the corner of the mbk, not on ground floor though. They sold all kind of jeans brands.

These days the youth pays much more for their jeans though, 2-300 euro for a jeans full of holes is normal for them.

For copy products the mbk is the place to be. But prices for clothes have gone up a lot last years. The real cheap copy copy has disappeared, now it's hard to see if something is real or not. In the past they just printed Nike on everything.

Why don;t the cops just do their job instead of making it into a circus.

Their making this the flavor of the month case. Drum roll, camera action. Sometimes I really wonder if the true Levi's quality is any better. I think they are made in sweat shops in Asia and sold for North American prices. No doubt as part of the settlement the jeans will be turned over to Levi and they rebrand them. I am having a hard time feeling sorry for these high end merchandise people that come to Asia and use cheap labor to stitch their stuff together and then get a premium price because of a label.

Police seize 120,000 fake brandname jeans in Nonthaburi

556_Jeans-wpcf_728x409.jpg

NONTHABURI: -- ​Economic crime suppression police seized over 120,000 fake jeans of wellknown brands worth about seven million baht in a coordinated raid of a factory and a warehouse in Nonthaburi province on Tuesday. Two men were also arrested.

Pol Col Kittisap Thongsriwong, superintendent of 4th sub-division of economic crime suppression police, said that police also seized many production materials such as buttons and labels of fake Levi, Diesel and Evisu brands.

He said that the two men belong to the same gang which produced fake brandname jeans for sale locally and for export to neighbouring countries. They used two separate buildings in Nonthaburi – one as an illegal factory to produce jeans and the other to store the jeans.

The two suspects were initially charged with having in possession for sale products with fake brands.

The police colonel said that the patent owners or their representatives in Thailand could file civil suit to demand compensation from the two suspects.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-seize-120000-fake-brandname-jeans-nonthaburi/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-07-13

Real levis now are made in China they dont last more than 18 months my copies however lasted many years.?

How can we distinguish if a pair of Levi's is real these days? The old ones had a factorynumber stamped in the button. Each number represented a city in the US with a factory.

There is a Mc store inside Tesco Lotus in Maechan , in the 2 years it has been there every time I go to Lotus I never see any one buying Mc jeans/shirts etc. In the main store the same jeans are half the price., Which are fake or are they all fake . I have found that locally made jeans last longer anyway. At 69 yo do I really need designer jeans?

Why don;t the cops just do their job instead of making it into a circus.

The circus is to give impression. Impression that all is well in the Thai police force. You can make of that what you will.

All I know is nobody cares about them catching a few people who sell fake jeans.

There is a Mc store inside Tesco Lotus in Maechan , in the 2 years it has been there every time I go to Lotus I never see any one buying Mc jeans/shirts etc. In the main store the same jeans are half the price., Which are fake or are they all fake . I have found that locally made jeans last longer anyway. At 69 yo do I really need designer jeans?

At 69, no designer jeans are not on the agenda I would imagine.

Mind you I am 45 and although I take pride in appearance and still have to suit it and boot it for work I won't waste money on designer stuff either, so maybe after you "grow up" it's actually more about how comfortable you are being yourself.

I can't stand the current trend of designer that have the designer's name splashed all over it, like Louis Vuitton for example. This is all about shallow people trying to display wealth, can't see any other reason because all the bags look so similar and are instantly recognisable for miles away. And the price you pay for marketing their brand for them everywhere you go? Well it isn't cheap.

Genius marketing by the brand though, so I suppose you have got to hand it to them playing to peoples insecurities and materialistic thinking.

Good workwear though.

Crude and harsh and not true. They certainly were fashionable back in the mid 80's through to the mid 90's then they fell away a bit. I remember well the Levis 501 marketing campaign, it was huge, globally and made Levis the most sought after jeans. in the UK I remember the advert with some guy walking into a launderette to the Marvin Gaye tune "I heard it through the grapevine". he then undressed to his underpants (shorts for our American friends) and washed his jeans in the machine whilst a load of women drooled on the floor..

Nowadays, much less in the fashion spotlight I guess.