British man's Thai wife killed by ya ba addict - druggy was her "gik", say police

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lot of times there is a large age gap or big difference in looks.. as in unattractive foreigner with cute Thai girl.. often a money thing. Could you really expect her to stay loyal to someone she just wants for the money ? Guys should think too.. is it my money.. or is it me.. if its my money.. then don't expect loyalty.

While I realize it is practical to think this way in Thailand, I also get sick of hearing this. If you get married fidelity and loyalty are part of the marriage contract, whatever your reasons for getting married. It is sort of like saying, well a person only took a job for the money why would you expect them to do the work?

If a woman just wants money for sex, I guess she should just be a hooker and not try to change the job into a wife ...that would be more fair.

whats new, married with kids and screwing a druggie on the side, not happy enough with a well to do hubby, nice house, well financed, needed a bit of side action to keep her occupied while he was away working, nothing new at all for some thai women, they simply cant keep their legs closed, marriage means nothing but then many thai men are the same

And guess it follows that Western women and Western men are the pillars of chastity and would never even contemplate such a thing.

No, they are not, but Thais are number 1!

Statistics, aren't they marvellous for those trying to win an argument.

56% of Thais from a population of 70M or thereabouts compared to how many millions totalled from the countries listed, you will have to try harder than that.

Come on Artisi... Your better than that.

Be inventive... Find your own statistics to counter the argument.... We all know the tired old story about being able to make statistics say what you want them to say.... Make that today's challenge (just for the fun of it, mind you)

Actually no need to counter anything, the initial post was a rhetorical statement, little realising all the budding PhD's would be out to argue the point ad in finitum.

This is simply the demonstration of a tremendous lack of perspective. She had it all, and she blew it anyway. Some people are given all they need to live a good life, and they screw it up anyway. Imagine his surprise, to find the mother of his children not only dead, but killed by a slimy drug punk. Wow. What can one say?

I always say time is our ally, but not theirs. Take you time getting to know someone. So many rush in. And so many find out later just who this person is, that they have settled down with. Often, the woman is pushing the agenda. We need to push back. No, this is my time frame, and if it does not work for you, you are free to leave anytime. Do not push me. I am not going to respond to that. Real men do not respond to that kind of pressure. There are just too many choices out there.

keep pushing mike - marry your mother could be an option ?

whats new, married with kids and screwing a druggie on the side, not happy enough with a well to do hubby, nice house, well financed, needed a bit of side action to keep her occupied while he was away working, nothing new at all for some thai women, they simply cant keep their legs closed, marriage means nothing but then many thai men are the same

And guess it follows that Western women and Western men are the pillars of chastity and would never even contemplate such a thing.

Anyone who has lived here knows, unless completely blinkered by rose coloured glasses, that Thais are very 'flexible' with regards to morals and loyalty.

They even have names for it

'mia noi' 'gik' as it's so prevalent it's the 'norm'. To be fair males far more than females but it's part of 'Thainess' that guys have a 'mia noi' and a few 'giks' and females are, more or less, accepting here and THAT does not happen in Western countries that I know of. Cheating sometimes yes but not a pandemic of 'flexible sex' as it is here.

What would you call those people in the west who are in open relationships just a different name

Statistics, aren't they marvellous for those trying to win an argument.

56% of Thais from a population of 70M or thereabouts compared to how many millions totalled from the countries listed, you will have to try harder than that.

Come on Artisi... Your better than that.

Be inventive... Find your own statistics to counter the argument.... We all know the tired old story about being able to make statistics say what you want them to say.... Make that today's challenge (just for the fun of it, mind you)

Actually no need to counter anything, the initial post was a rhetorical statement, little realising all the budding PhD's would be out to argue the point ad in finitum.

True enough.... And so they are... That's a novel way to get the upper hand in a debate.

While Thailand may be number one, 2nd to 10th are all European countries... Hmmm

Something wrong with those figures. Australia doesn't even show.[/quote

Of course it doesn't show, we are as pure as the driven snow or weren't you aware of that fact.

The bright side is that the Brit fellow is better off. Maybe now he will learn it is better to rent than to marry.

Bright side, better off. Hope you can say this in his face and let see what happens. 90% of all men do the same and you judge woman.

The British husband will know about this by now I guess and will be flying to Thailand.

Maybe get his 2 children and his empty house where his wife was strangled by her lover boy.

He will need to sell the house as he can not own land in Thailand.

I can imagine a better life as this.

Hope the kids will be in good hands.

A little difficult to sell something you don't actually own, but I'm sure he will have other priorities.

While Thailand may be number one, 2nd to 10th are all European countries... Hmmm

Of course it doesn't show, we are as pure as the driven snow or weren't you aware of that fact.

Or sheep don't count.

Agreed........They are just different to not only western females but other asian females!.....

The men?

Thai women's sense of morals and ethics are very different from what we have been brought up with. They don't see committing adultery as such a big deal, especially if they think they won't get found out. That's one of the reasons why PnP is so easily available here. I have seen this happen with uni students, office girls, hiso housewives etc.

I think you have been hanging around "bar girls" way too much. Get away from Nana Plaza, Cowboy, Pattaya etc and I think you will find that normal Thai's have a different sense of morals and ethics then the trash you find in those areas.

Ah, so you still have your rose tinted glasses on.

Sure, I hung around with bar girls a lot when I first came to Thailand. That's how you cut your teeth when first coming to live here. However, I work in a multinational and live in a fairly hi-so residential area in suburban Bangkok so most of the female company that I keep get their earnings through their day time jobs (and the amount they earn would put a lot of TV posters to shame). They are, as you put it, normal Thais but the sense of morals and ethics are not much different.

If you read my post again, you will realise that I did not criticise their morals and ethics but just commented that it's different from what most of us are brought up with. I've had my fair share of romps with office girls and uni girls but draw the line with (still) married women though some of my friends do not have the same reservations.

Actually, I don't think the army is reading your posts so no need to be so nice.

Thai women's sense of morals and ethics are very different from what we have been brought up with. They don't see committing adultery as such a big deal, especially if they think they won't get found out. That's one of the reasons why PnP is so easily available here. I have seen this happen with uni students, office girls, hiso housewives etc.

I think you have been hanging around "bar girls" way too much. Get away from Nana Plaza, Cowboy, Pattaya etc and I think you will find that normal Thai's have a different sense of morals and ethics then the trash you find in those areas.

Sure, I hung around with bar girls a lot when I first came to Thailand. That's how you cut your teeth when first coming to live here. However, I work in a multinational and live in a fairly hi-so residential area in suburban Bangkok so most of the female company that I keep get their earnings through their day time jobs (and the amount they earn would put a lot of TV posters to shame). They are, as you put it, normal Thais but the sense of morals and ethics are not much different.

If you read my post again, you will realise that I did not criticise their morals and ethics but just commented that it's different from what most of us are brought up with. I've had my fair share of romps with office girls and uni girls but draw the line with (still) married women though some of my friends do not have the same reservations.

Agree with this. Anyone thinking its just in the bar scene has never had a relationship out of a bar. The tales my GF tells me about her female office co workers makes my head spin.

Even an Indian leaves the 'reservation' some times. 555

Certainly, there is trash everywhere, but why does it seem so much more prevalent when a bar girl is involved?

Wonder how many Western men are married here and don't enjoy the odd young prostitute or happy ending oil massage every now and again.

Agreed........They are just different to not only western females but other asian females!.....

I have been living in Thailand 18 years and have been married to my Thai wife for 27 years. So many marriages here are shams tough. So many guys being ripped off it makes my head spin

. Because so many of my friends have complained over the years about being ripped off I composed a song to be sung to the tune of Mr. Tambourine Man that goes like this:

Say Mister A.T.M man, give some cash to me

I am young and Thai and sexy,

I have a great big family.

My mother's sick, my buffalo too.

My grandma's going nuts would you care to see my butt?

Say Mister A. T. M. man give your cash to me.

Certainly, there is trash everywhere, but why does it seem so much more prevalent when a bar girl is involved?

One man's trash is another man's treasure. only prevalent on here or in your own mind. Are you saying now the woman who died must have been a bar girl???

Come on now, Thai bashing is fair game when it is in your face, why are you trying to defend their primate actions?

Cause it's pi$$ing on their parade.

I have been living in Thailand 18 years and have been married to my Thai wife for 27 years. So many marriages here are shams though. So many guys being ripped off it makes my head spin

. Because so many of my friends have complained over the years about being ripped off I composed a song to be sung to the tune of Mr. Tambourine Man that goes like this:

Say Mister A.T.M man, give some cash to me

I am young and Thai and sexy,

I have a great big family.

My mother's sick, my buffalo too.

My grandma's going nuts would you care to see my butt?

Say Mister A. T. M. man give your cash to me.

Nothing wrong with a but on the side. The old saying what the eyes don't see the heart don't grieve over.

It's a tragedy for sure one one deserves to die in that way.

Have any of you ever considered the husband knew she was having an afair and was fine with it. Never heard of open marriages, but this one will bring the all thai women married to farang have a thai lover or husband worms.

So you don't mind me banging your wife and maybe popping out a kid as long as you don't know anything about it ? Fools are born every day !

The problem comes when you do find out, which everyone does find out someday. When they do find out it is normally not a good situation for either person.

This might sound terrible but there are two good things that has happened here 1. The husband found out his wife was a ho. 2. The pain from her death would not be as bad due to his anger over her cheating. Everything else is sad .....

Or sheep don't count.

Them's Kiwi's bro'.

I got fed up after the first two pages. A woman has died horribly leaving two children and a husband, and all we hear from the all knowing TV members is a tirade of what a 'worthless peice of c**p she was blah blah blah'. Do you ever stop to think just for one minute that the Brit husband will be reading all this? All he see's is criticism from people who have NO IDEA of what the reality of the situation is. Some of you are unbelievably self righteous and arrogant.

To the man concerned in all of this. Sincere condolences to you and your children, I hope that in the future you are able to recover and the children can recover from the loss of their mother.

Archived