British man's Thai wife killed by ya ba addict - druggy was her "gik", say police

Jonathan Fairfield

whats new, married with kids and screwing a druggie on the side, not happy enough with a well to do hubby, nice house, well financed, needed a bit of side action to keep her occupied while he was away working, nothing new at all for some thai women, they simply cant keep their legs closed, marriage means nothing but then many thai men are the same

And guess it follows that Western women and Western men are the pillars of chastity and would never even contemplate such a thing.

Anyone who has lived here knows, unless completely blinkered by rose coloured glasses, that Thais are very 'flexible' with regards to morals and loyalty.

They even have names for it

'mia noi' 'gik' as it's so prevalent it's the 'norm'. To be fair males far more than females but it's part of 'Thainess' that guys have a 'mia noi' and a few 'giks' and females are, more or less, accepting here and THAT does not happen in Western countries that I know of. Cheating sometimes yes but not a pandemic of 'flexible sex' as it is here.

Go talk to a divorce lawyer back in one of your 'Western' countries and ask them how often infidelity is a factor in divorces. My guess is that you'll be looking at pretty close to half of all marriages effected by it!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A worthless piece of crap anyway, to be hooked up to a low piece of scum drug addict she would have been a user herself. Her Hubby and kids will be far better off without her and can be thankful that she and her moronic family will be out of their lives for ever.

Except.....well....the grandparents of the children. I've a notion those grandparents will not abandon their gravytrai....uh I mean their daughters children. Even if he goes to another country with the children, they will still maintain some rights. But, yeah.....she and her family were people with flaws, unlike most of us. But to be put to death because of these flaws? Seems a bit over the top.

whats new, married with kids and screwing a druggie on the side, not happy enough with a well to do hubby, nice house, well financed, needed a bit of side action to keep her occupied while he was away working, nothing new at all for some thai women, they simply cant keep their legs closed, marriage means nothing but then many thai men are the same

Even that is not a Thai problem. Farang junkie women kill their Farang husbands in Farangistan, too, sometimes.

Yes, true but it is worse here for sure. Did you see the data that Thailand is the wore country in the World for adulterous behaviour? And it wasn't by a slim margin, they seem to streets ahead of almost all other countries.

And guess it follows that Western women and Western men are the pillars of chastity and would never even contemplate such a thing.

Anyone who has lived here knows, unless completely blinkered by rose coloured glasses, that Thais are very 'flexible' with regards to morals and loyalty.

'mia noi' 'gik' as it's so prevalent it's the 'norm'. To be fair males far more than females but it's part of 'Thainess' that guys have a 'mia noi' and a few 'giks' and females are, more or less, accepting here and THAT does not happen in Western countries that I know of. Cheating sometimes yes but not a pandemic of 'flexible sex' as it is here.

Go talk to a divorce lawyer back in one of your 'Western' countries and ask them how often infidelity is a factor in divorces. My guess is that you'll be looking at pretty close to half of all marriages effected by it!

Not according to statistics, it is not half at all.

You can find all that data for yourself, and of course if you talk to a divorce lawyer he is going to say many are due to adulterous behaviour, that's because he is a "divorce lawyer". Thats about as useful as asking a butcher if he has cut up any meat today?

This is probably is a good time to tell you a secret to minimize the 'Gik Effect' so gather around and pay attention. There is something most foreigners fail to understand is a Thai woman has unique and strange perception about Love and Jealousy. To a Thai woman they are one in the same and can't have one without the other. If you aren't calling her every few minutes when you are not in the same space then in her mind you aren't jealous of her therfore you don't love her because you don't show your Jealousy through micromanagement. Then she will find a Gik, a younger Thai man who has Jealousy for a surname. He is Thai and knows Thai psyche and their emotional needs while the older trusting foreigner hasn't a clue and calls her phone once or in trusting fashion, doesn't call at all. Also, as with all women, Thai women like you to show you're the Boss... You're a MAN.In layman's language you have to know when to be a Bad BOY.Not the Honey doer, wimp ass nice guy that you think she wants you to be. This might shock the ethically correct, but she wants you to get loud and in her face, put your foot down and stand your ground. Yeah he loves me! She quietly says to herself. Yes.. This includes, how can we say, light domestic violence spicey seasoning in her Tom Yum Goong.

" Yes.. This includes, how can we say, light domestic violence spicey seasoning in her Tom Yum "

I knew you were a mysoginist and this proves it.Do you live in a cave?

As this thread has become focused on the incidence of marital loyalty, I think on has to take into account the number of women here who have

absent partners, that only visit once or twice a year.

You couple this with either village life, and or lack of education and it is easy to see how a woman gets bored and even lonely.

There is obviously a high incidence of marrying for money, more so because of the higher poverty rate and lack of education.

What's a poor girl to do? Some of the women really appreciate what life has already brought them with the benefits of a rich, older, "fatter?" farang.

Some of them don't.

'Missing was 20 baht weight of gold, a computer notebook, mobile phone, cash and the deceased's white Mazda license plate กบ 1800 (Udon Thani).'

How do they know that? Who told them that all this was in the house?

The kids,parents,friends,other lover!

More racist rubbish. Things are no better in the West.

According to a recent article in the Daily Express, a survey of over 100,000 UK mothers has revealed 15 percent admit they're not sure who the father is for at least one of their children".

People in glass houses. . .

Not according to statistics, it is not half at all.

You can find all that data for yourself, and of course if you talk to a divorce lawyer he is going to say many are due to adulterous behaviour, that's because he is a "divorce lawyer". Thats about as useful as asking a butcher if he has cut up any meat today?

Don't know what statistics you are looking at but almost half of US marriages end in divorce - that is pretty well known.

Who else besides a divorce lawyer would really know - you expect people to volunteer that information for some two-bit survey? haha

Where there a Thai Women, there is a Thai Man. Old Lotus Proverb ???

I've always found the Filipinas to be more genuine,more shapely and beautiful,closer in culture,obvious lack of language barrier and just a much better prospect for a long-term relationship than Thai women,nothing I read here on TV changes that opinion,in fact it just confirms it!

Completely agree. Been in a relationship with a Philippine lady for some years now, she has been through the ups and downs with me. Doesn't have a materialist bone in her body, she just wants to have fun, laugh and generally be happy.

Nothing she like better then meeting a load of people of an evening, eating from a big feast, talking, playing the xbox sports game and singing with her karaoke machine. Very cool. Oh, and she is beautiful, I am a lucky man.

No, they are not, but Thais are number 1!

While Thailand may be number one, 2nd to 10th are all European countries... Hmmm

Something wrong with those figures. Australia doesn't even show.

a friend has likened the situation to an analogy; imagine a guy young and fit, with a number sitting on bleacher seats, waiting to see which grandmother will choose him, pay some money and get serviced. surely the younger fit guy will have the female he is attracted to during off work hours.

The deceased really got around! Yes, another wonderful and caring Thai wife bites the dust. The husband was just too busy to see the deceit this lady had going on. Sad but all too common. Glad I am single and don't take the Thai women seriously.

Wow!! Thnx for sharing!!

a wild guess: the british husband was convinced that his wife was different, indeed they were married for 10 years, 2 kids, she would never ever cheat on him.... especially with a drugie.

facepalm.gif

The father of the victim told police that the man had threatened to kill his daughter when they had argued.

the family-in-law did know she was cheating on him for years.facepalm.gif

It was probably trickle-down economics at work.

Statistics, aren't they marvellous for those trying to win an argument.

56% of Thais from a population of 70M or thereabouts compared to how many millions totalled from the countries listed, you will have to try harder than that.

Sure, I'll consider your point. But it's interesting how Thailand is the only Asian country on the top 10 list.

More racist rubbish. Things are no better in the West.

According to a recent article in the Daily Express, a survey of over 100,000 UK mothers has revealed 15 percent admit they're not sure who the father is for at least one of their children".

People in glass houses. . .

"Daily Express"!

I refuse to believe that 15% of mother do not know who their father of their children is, utter nonsense. Who were these women surveyed? 100 prostitutes? 100 single parent with kids from different fathers?

It is worse here, the adultery is worse, even without any statistics I can see and hear the attitude from people that they think its ok to have affairs. In my experience it seems to be the men who say this. In the UK there will, I believe mostly be a sense of guilt and shame if they cheat on their wife, at least far more then here.

Why can't you accept that. There are so many people whoa re quick to throw the ridiculous comparison card on the table as if the problems here don't exist.

Anyway, in this terrible case the adulterous woman was killed by some scumbag and the father is probably not only going to have to deal with her murder but probably that her murderer was indeed also her lover. Terrible situation for him and the kids,, I can only imagine.

The deceased really got around! Yes, another wonderful and caring Thai wife bites the dust. The husband was just too busy to see the deceit this lady had going on. Sad but all too common. Glad I am single and don't take the Thai women seriously.

Are you really surprised they 'get around'..............so many of the western old boys here marry girls out of bars 30 years younger than themselves and then wonder why it all goes pear shaped. Hardly marriages built on solid ground.......more like accidents waiting to happen. Ho hum..........:)

56% of Thais from a population of 70M or thereabouts compared to how many millions totalled from the countries listed, you will have to try harder than that.

Sure, I'll consider your point. But it's interesting how Thailand is the only Asian country on the top 10 list.

Maybe it was compiled by a farang living in Thailand who got ripped off by a Thai lady ?

A woman with everything she needs, nice house, car, gold, money, children well taken care of. The longer I live here the more I question the lack of morality that has become so evident in Thai society. I expected better because of the Buddhist tradition- Maybe it's the way of the World- but not my way.

Nothing wrong with a but on the side. The old saying what the eyes don't see the heart don't grieve over.

It's a tragedy for sure one one deserves to die in that way.

Have any of you ever considered the husband knew she was having an afair and was fine with it. Never heard of open marriages, but this one will bring the all thai women married to farang have a thai lover or husband worms.

didnt say they didnt but it certainly seems to happen a lot more here and is bandied about with abandon, even her family knew she was doing it. Its one thing to have an affair but thais seem to take it to the next level.

i think it is because we are a minority over here i suspect it happens in the west just as much or more but as were the majority back home we might not notice it as much

Come on Artisi... Your better than that.

Be inventive... Find your own statistics to counter the argument.... We all know the tired old story about being able to make statistics say what you want them to say.... Make that today's challenge (just for the fun of it, mind you)

This is simply the demonstration of a tremendous lack of perspective. She had it all, and she blew it anyway. Some people are given all they need to live a good life, and they screw it up anyway. Imagine his surprise, to find the mother of his children not only dead, but killed by a slimy drug punk. Wow. What can one say?

I always say time is our ally, but not theirs. Take you time getting to know someone. So many rush in. And so many find out later just who this person is, that they have settled down with. Often, the woman is pushing the agenda. We need to push back. No, this is my time frame, and if it does not work for you, you are free to leave anytime. Do not push me. I am not going to respond to that. Real men do not respond to that kind of pressure. There are just too many choices out there.

Archived