why do so many farangs get there self in so many ploblems

catman20

Ever tried to take a long walk on a Thai sidewalk? Trip hazards, obstacles and assorted hindrances of every description. 'Not a good place to lose your concentration. The whole country, except for those Lost In Outer Isaan maybe, is pretty much now like that. If you know what to watch out for, you can usually get where you want to go, but it's no longer exactly carefree. And the nanny states in the west tend to turn out high numbers of entitled, brain-dead, sleep-walkers. 'Not a real good fit for a place like this.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is a tad holier than thou to call bar girls the dregs of society.People seem to forget that this country's history is steeped in prostitution.Form hundreds of years ago to the modern day.What about the courtesans of the elite,that were kept and amassed wealth over the years?What about the secret mistresses of the powerful and corrupt. And as for lady boys,why does every LB basher think they are a recent addition to Thailand.Back in the 16th and 17th centuries,women were not allowed to act on the stage(the same as England in Shakespear's time) so all the female parts were taken by men.When the king of a province went to visit another monarch to try and strengthen the two against attack from a neighbouring province. The entourage of the visiting lord would contain dancers,singers and musicians.The most feminine and beautiful of the performers were the star attractions.It was nothing for the host lord to find a young boy(dressed and made up as a female) in his bed chamber as a gift from the visiting warlord.lb's have been here for hundreds of years,long before us.Dregs of society would also include,thieves,scammers,the police,the loan sharks,the drug dealers and users,murderers,and rapists,politicians,monks and practically all other Thai people who have no jobs,no money, so the turn to crime.As a bar owner of two successful bars over the years,i have been around many bar girls who were not dregs,i have seen them f##ked up in the head and heart by many a

ferang.i have seen them cry deeply over the affairs du cur,and i have seen them abused and mistreated by western men.Of course there are many opportunists among them but i have met a few that were working to genuinely support their families.

Dregs?? there are many kinds of dregs, and i know many people who would not not insist on mixing with them.So unless the Op only mixes with the whiter than white,then he cant really remark on the company that others keep.Its easy to label bar girls as rubbish and scum,but then aren't some frangs?.Also there is an old saying.'Me thinks he doth protest too much.'

The refusal of Farangs to accept the fact that ladies working in the "entertainment-business" do this as theyr'e too lazy to get a real job to improve their lives and not the live of a Farang = predators !

It's usually the foundation of further "problems" to follow.

Cheers.

Lack of common sense most of the time, but sometimes it is an incident. Lets say back on home turf would be minor ab minor incident but here turns into a shit storm and the foreigner regardless will be held upside down and screwed out of every last dime he has. It's the luck of the draw most of the time! It's not what you know but who you know in Thailand!

That is just nonsense. The only reason they get into trouble is because they cannot be bothered to follow the rules. I have lived here for 18 years without any problems - easy enough to do if, like a good girl, you always remember the date

To hell with the rules, not such a thing, if you use good, pure, genuine common sense in Thailand, there

is probably a 99.9% chace you will not get into trouble.

I exclude most of the people the police extort tea money from, I mean the ones who have not broken the law. who are driving or riding a m/c.

I had a mate living here, and his whole attitude to Thailand was, that Thailand is in fact a giant resort.

He was a paying customer in the resort and everyone in Thailand worked for the resort.

Police are the resort security. Immigration is reception.

Everyone else should serve and wait on him as he is a paying customer.

He refered to all Thais as "they", the resort staff.

Suffice to say, it didn't take long to get into trouble.

He sounds right to me.

I could get into trouble, anywhere in the world, if I was perpetually drunk, hung around with prostitutes, riding a motorbike i dont know how to ride and ignore the local laws and customs.

Getting into trouble because of a certain lifestyle is not exclusive to Thailand.

Well, you got it partially right'' you should have qualified the first two situations; being perpetually drunk, when you don't know how to drink and hanging around prostitutes when you can't tell business from love.

The headline is misleading - It is not true - It is a myth uncorroborated by meaningful data. Given the millions of tourists that come to Thailand including the young and stupid there are not a lot of problems in particular. However, due to the suppression of real news silly, inconsequential news get a lot of publicity and people focus on that. One theme I find interesting is the idea of Pattaya and drugs. Compared to the UK, USA, parts of Europe Pattaya is virtually drug free. There is no drug scene, the is no smell of ganja in the air there is no bohemian acceptance of drugs as there is in other countries. There are very few genuine street dealers. In the UK every weekend more than 100,000 people takes Ecstasy and other recreational drugs. Smoking pot is now accepted in many countries where it is either legal/non criminal or accepted - Spain - Portugal - Holland - and countless others. Even cocaine is a widespread working class drug of choice in the UK. So when I see posters on this forum talking about widespread use of drugs in Pattaya I know they do not know what they are talking about. Maybe in Pai or Kao Tao but not Pattaya unless of course you think red bull and vodka plus electro-pop equals a drug experience. I can assure you - it does not.

I could get into trouble, anywhere in the world, if I was perpetually drunk, hung around with prostitutes, riding a motorbike i dont know how to ride and ignore the local laws and customs.

Getting into trouble because of a certain lifestyle is not exclusive to Thailand.

Your right on money there my friend. It is the same, but maybe not as bad in many other Asian countries as the LOS

They do it for fun actually.

It's Because they are low life grubs, druggies and people with low moral values & they 'think' they are having fun. ;)

Hmm, how very dull and predictable you can be. Thank hevean mores evolve and the old guard die with their biases and misconceptions.