Campaign launched to urge every Thai to eat 300 eggs a year

webfact

Campaign launched to urge every Thai to eat 300 eggs a year

577_egg-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A campaign is being launched to urge every Thai national to increase his or her chicken egg intake to 300 eggs per annum by the year 2018.

Spearheading the campaign under the slogan “Eat Egg Everyday. Put Egg In Everything We Eat” is the Association of Chicken Egg Producers, Traders and Exporters.

The association president Mr Mongkol Pipatsatayawong said that while an average Thai eats 220 chicken eggs a year compared to 340 eggs by a Chinese, 330 eggs by a Japanese, 300 eggs by a Malaysian and 290 eggs by an American.

At present, Thailand produces about 15,500 million chicken eggs worth about 50 billion baht a year while domestic egg consumption increases an average of four percent a year in the past ten years.

Mr Mongkol noted that egg prices fluctuate all the times depending on production, resulting in several egg chicken raisers going bankrupt from heavy losses when the prices fell rockbottom.

He said that if Thais eat more chicken eggs – up to 300 eggs a year each – it will help stabilize egg prices which, in turn, will help chicken raisers.

Egg prices have become more stable since March with price averaging 3.20 baht per egg while cost is about 2.90 baht. He is optimistic there won’t be an oversupply this year.

Meanwhile, Mr Sombat Thiratrakulchai, president of livestock sector of the Thai Chamber of Commerce, citing a research by Harvard University, said that eating an egg a day will not result in the narrowing of cardiac artillery.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/campaign-launched-urge-every-thai-eat-300-eggs-year/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-07-14

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perfect! They should also be told to fry the eggs is lard to make them tastier. Then is a few short years we can watch as they all drop dead from blocked arteries. No need to try to kill each other on the roads anymore. Of course tourists should be made aware of the fact that their bus, van and taxi drivers are apt to have massive heart attacks at any time so travel with caution.

What an ingenious idea, from the brilliant minds that make up the wonderland called Thailand. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Thais seem to eat eggs with every meal. I always understood that we shouldn't eat eggs every day. At 51 I limit my intake to a maximum of 3-4 per week, anymore and I become 'egg bound.'

How ridiculous to give out the instruction to eat so many eggs. Next they'll say it plenty of salt on your food.

Perfect! They should also be told to fry the eggs is lard to make them tastier. Then is a few short years we can watch as they all drop dead from blocked arteries. No need to try to kill each other on the roads anymore. Of course tourists should be made aware of the fact that their bus, van and taxi drivers are apt to have massive heart attacks at any time so travel with caution.

What an ingenious idea, from the brilliant minds that make up the wonderland called Thailand. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Did you not read the last line in the OP? There is much research recently confirming this. I would suggest the main danger in eating too many eggs are the hormones contained within but free range organic eggs are expensive & are they truly that.

I could be wrong but if the domestic egg consumption increased an average of four percent a year in the past ten years, and egg prices fluctuate "all the times (sic) depending on production," then eating more eggs—which is already happening each and every year—isn't going to solve the issue of poor production techniques...

As with all industries, people see money being made and everyone jumps on board creating a massive oversupply (eggs, rubber, cassava, palm oil, laundries, optometrists, shop-houses for rent) and then expects the government to come up with ways to make their crowded business model sustainable.

So it appears there are too many egg producers which causes frequent oversupply and huge price fluctuations, causing some less savvy producers to hit the wall. Love it or loathe it, this is how the free market is supposed to work.

How ridiculous to give out the instruction to eat so many eggs. Next they'll say it plenty of salt on your food.

Eggs are no longer classified as a sin food like they used to be. And surprisingly, neither is salt. The new guidelines say if you have a healthy heart which most do is not to worry about salt intake; it's inconsequential. So many reversals in our lifetime. I'm convinced we really don't know that much about nutrition so have what you want, enjoy and don't worry about it.

He said that if Thais eat more chicken eggs – up to 300 eggs a year each – it will help stabilize egg prices which, in turn, will help chicken raisers.

Slow news day, just an advertising campaign really. Remember the drink more milk ads in North America?

I'm no eggspert but don't eggs leads to constipation? is this a secret plot by 7/11 to sell more eggcellent toilet paper?

Oh, what an eggcruciating pun. I think omelette that one slide...

On another note: this is yet another case of same shit, different day - but in this case it's same shit, different year...

Thai public urged to consume more eggs in the 'EGG E EGG EGG 2015' Event

2015-07-13 THAILAND

Public urged to consume more eggs in the EGG E EGG EGG 2015 Event

BANGKOK, 13 July 2015, (NNT) – Residents have flocked to buy discounted eggs, in the campaign promoting egg consumption among the public, EGG E EGG EGG 2015, held at Central Plaza Rattanathibet on Sunday.

The 2nd annual event, organized by the Department of Livestock, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, offered fresh eggs, salty eggs, fermented eggs, egg tofu, and chili paste made from eggs, supplied by egg farms nationwide.

One of the vendors said the event was well-received by the public. He dismissed the myth that consuming too many eggs would induce high cholesterol, saying the egg contains many nutrients suitable for people of all ages.

Currently the average price of an egg is 2.70 baht; the price is likely to increase by 10 satang this week. EGG E EGG EGG 2015 aims to increase the average number of eggs consumed, from 200 eggs per person per year in 2012 to 300 eggs per person per year in 2018.

I eat far more eggs, recent studies show that eggs are not linked to heart disease and blocked arteries. Its old-school thinking that not keeping up with the times. I test my cholesterol multiple times a year and its always great even consuming loads of eggs. High cholesterol is what blocks your arteries.

I have a question to all of you who are complaining about eating an egg a day... how much alcohol do you consume a day?!

Let them complain.. a day without complaining and putting down Thais is a lost day for some of those types. They need to feel important and all knowing even thought their ideas are based on old research and the Thais clearly keep up with research (those in the article) and they don't.

I have a question to all of you who are complaining about eating an egg a day... how much alcohol do you consume a day?!

Come Come, you should never eat on an empty stomach...........................wink.png

Next they'll say it plenty of salt on your food.

Actually a recent medical study (supposedly the most extensive done) suggests exactly that. It says that a very small percentage of people have kidney issues which mean they should keep their salt intake low but the vast majority of people should take more salt. That is especially true in hot climates. I exercise nearly everyday and in this climate that means sweating a lot. I find that if I do not take re-hydration salts regularly I start to get cramps from lack of salt

Next they'll say it plenty of salt on your food.

Actually a recent medical study (supposedly the most extensive done) suggests exactly that. It says that a very small percentage of people have kidney issues which mean they should keep their salt intake low but the vast majority of people should take more salt. That is especially true in hot climates. I exercise nearly everyday and in this climate that means sweating a lot. I find that if I do not take re-hydration salts regularly I start to get cramps from lack of salt

Its all connected.. usually diets high in salt are high in processed foods.. its not necessarily the salt that is the problem. Your right about the hot climate and sweating, however its not just salt your loosing, there is much more in those re-hydration salts. I had the same problem on days that I sweat extremely. Last time I was doing a incline leg press and my leg muscles cramped up.. I was in pain.. taught me to take some re-hydration salts in my water when exercising hard. But and I are not the norm, i would say the majority of the foreigners here are not into exercise.. the only thing they lift is a beer and all the running they do is after girls. But to each his or her own.

Guess they have a problem with ova production. That's poor business practise from these bantamweights. Why should we help them to feather their nests? Bunch of chickensh!ts.

That no rooster, Mr Sherpa. Himalaya.

Well I do like a glass of "egg nog" from time to time - I rather prefer it made with a good brandy rather than run or bourbon....

:)