50 new palm trees planted along Jomtien Beach

Rimmer

50 new palm trees planted along Jomtien Beach

1198-n1palm1.jpg

PATTAYA:--The transformation of Jomtien Beach continues with Pattaya City Hall planting more than 50 palm trees to beautify the shoreline.

Staffers from Nong Nooch Topical Garden put in the trees from sois 1-6 along Jomtien Beach Road starting July 1.

The trees planted included several varieties of sugar palm, coconut and palm trees to line the widened footpath along the beach.

The planting follows the removal last year of dozens of large trees, some decades old, to allow for the 257-million-baht beachfront renovation project.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/50-new-palm-trees-planted-along-jomtien-beach-142155

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2016-07-15 footer_n.gif

Given all the recent headlines of the GLBTI community in the area, the headline of this article sent my head into overdrive.... after all, g-string boys, seat rental boys, rental seat boys, boys on renal rental, massage boys, everything, along with most of the male population has previously been planted on Jomtien Beach....

Now I guess the pole dancers will climb a slender limb to get to their coconuts!!!

Next thing, they will ban monkey business on the foreshore.

wai.gifgiggle.gifcrazy.gifsorry.gif

The new trees seem to provide absolutely no shade whatsoever and probably don't do much to prevent erosion either.

I suspect that after the first big storm a lot of them will be gone.

Edited by johng

The new trees seem to provide absolutely no shade whatsoever and probably don't do much to prevent erosion either.

I suspect that after the first big storm a lot of them will be gone.

But for now they look quite pretty and I am sure some official was able to shovel a

few baht into there pockets so all good. tongue.png