Thais warned: Don't go to Thaksin's birthday party - we might not let you back home

webfact

This is a breach of international law. A citizen is allowed right of return and would never be able to be prevented from boarding a flight back. To do otherwise would render the holder stateless and that is not allowed.

If they wanted to be Prix but legally, they should have stated that anyone colluding with this wanted man would loose their right to a passport upon return. That would have been legal and more tolerable, even though it's completely outrageous of course!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are completely mad. Just that they believe that they can keep Thai residents to return, just because of a birthday. And to tell this in Public. clap2.gif Again another day, another joke from this so-called Government.

OK so please post a verifiable link from a spokes person for this "so-called" government which advises publicly that current government will not let those persons attending this party back into Thailand ?....not second hand information, or hear say...but a statement from a government official stating this in Thai or English is fine.

It's from a reliable news source. That's good enough for me. If we judge on precedent, the NCPO did banned supporters from attending Thaksin BD. I think you should ask Thaivisa where they get their information.

Rather than re-type this...copied from another post

Nation.. no article on this

Bangkokpost.. no report on this

Source of the Khaosod.. a PTP spokesman.. NOT someone from the government

Khaosod.. known to be red aligned.

Reliable news source ? or did you mean a biased news source ?

This is a breach of international law. A citizen is allowed right of return and would never be able to be prevented from boarding a flight back. To do otherwise would render the holder stateless and that is not allowed.

If they wanted to be Prix but legally, they should have stated that anyone colluding with this wanted man would loose their right to a passport upon return. That would have been legal and more tolerable, even though it's completely outrageous of course!

no its not... simply because currently there is no verifiable source the government even said this, telling lies can also seen as a breach of international law...

They are completely mad. Just that they believe that they can keep Thai residents to return, just because of a birthday. And to tell this in Public. clap2.gif Again another day, another joke from this so-called Government.

OK so please post a verifiable link from a spokes person for this "so-called" government which advises publicly that current government will not let those persons attending this party back into Thailand ?....not second hand information, or hear say...but a statement from a government official stating this in Thai or English is fine.

It's from a reliable news source. That's good enough for me. If we judge on precedent, the NCPO did banned supporters from attending Thaksin BD. I think you should ask Thaivisa where they get their information.

Rather than re-type this...copied from another post

Reliable news source ? or did you mean a biased news source ?

Go ask Thaivisa and stop shouting.

Go ask Thaivisa and stop shouting.

Could you please indicate where I was shouting, typical netiquette states "shouting" is defined when one writes a post in all CAPITAL letters, not capitalizing one word for emphasis

Why should I ask TV ?... I was responding to your comment...TV has no position, they are just posting the piece not providing a commentary on whether the piece is reliable or not, you were the one which stated it was reliable ?

so I am questioning your statement that the source is reliable and it appears currently its not as it hasn't been independently verified by another source, a basic rule in journalism

Edited by Bikoboogie

Hype??clap2.gifclap2.gif Please explain what the real reason is - I'm shaking in anticipation!

Yes hype..you obviously don't understand the political and governance of Thailand very well...you can shake in anticipation all you want,

but you will not get the reason discussed on this forum,

Bravo, your debating skills are without equal! You claim I don't understand "the political and governance of Thailand" (not exactly Shakespeare) and the reason is...secret!

If I didn't know any better I would say you were full of <deleted>.

no its not... simply because currently there is no verifiable source the government even said this, telling lies can also seen as a breach of international law...

"..telling lies can also seen as a breach of international law."

And which international laws would that be - or is that a secret too??

Is non-binding in international law, plus Thailand wasn't even a signatory to it in 1948.

But is listed as a signatory as of 2008

I doubt that Thailand has created relevant pieces of legislation based on this declaration. sad.png

in fact didn't the "big man" say "the UN is not my father"

And?

Thailand gets more like a country run by kindergarteners everyday...

I'm waiting until they tell people living there how many breaths they are allowed to take...how many times they are allowed to eat Som Tum each week...and that they must allow pythons to live in their toilets...

The next communique will read: "We have discovered the enemy...it is us!"

And another international convention and/or treaty consigned to the 'Royal' Thai Army waste bin.

And of course, the whole world 'understands' and 'supports' General Prayuth in his self appointed mission to bring a 'sustainable democracy' to Thailand without infringing on any civil rights at all, in fact while enhancing human rights in Thailand, to the point where Thais enjoy more personal freedom than in any other country of the world. Thus spake the little general while not smiling at all.

Right. That's my BS ration for today. Time for a cup of tea.

Winnie.

Edited by Winniedapu

Hype??clap2.gifclap2.gif Please explain what the real reason is - I'm shaking in anticipation!

Yes hype..you obviously don't understand the political and governance of Thailand very well...you can shake in anticipation all you want,

Bravo, your debating skills are without equal! You claim I don't understand "the political and governance of Thailand" (not exactly Shakespeare) and the reason is...secret!

Yes obviously you don't understand as if you did understand the politics and governance in Thailand, you would have no need to ask for the reason the military took power

and will hold onto power for the foreseeable future.

It appears your debating skills are not where they should be given you have to resort to hurling insults at people and swearing at them

typically swearing at people in this manner is typically prevalent in the less educated who are unable to articulate a rational response to a point

Can't they see that they're just solidifying people's alliance to Thaksin by making such threats?

Who made what threat? Could just as easily been the PTP treasurer didn't want to admit they don't have the funds to sponsor 1,000 followers to HK for a wild shindig, especially with Thai Airlines cutting back on free seats for the well connected.

Or a PTP leader just trying to drive another wedge between the good guys and the bad guys. (Note carefully I didn't say which were which)

There are no good guys,only bad and less bad. And the less bad are the ones elected by the people and who can be removed by the electorate. The bad ones are the old elite who desperately cling to power by staging coups.

"And the less bad are the ones elected by the people and who can be removed by the electorate. "

Wise words, if the elected ones play by and respect the rules.

What's so good about elected governments is that if they don't " play by and respect the rules" they can be voted out of office. A junta that does not "play by and respect the rules" can only be removed by force. Do you see the difference?

"Quite possible .. remember Charlem and his third hand.. its a tried an tested PTP tactic. I havent seen it in any other media as the Red Khoasod reported and no official reports. Do you really think it is not possible they are making it up ?"

Robblok - If you are prepared to believe that Thaksin disguised himself as the entire junta and... Actually there is no point in continuing, really..

No actually there is no point because you fail to see the points I made.. do engage your brain for once.

Now I would give this credibility when.. the other newspapers had run this story.. and or the source was not a PTP spokesman.

We all know how Charlem always talked about a mysterious 3rd party who in fact were his own men. So these kind of games are not new to them.

Is it just me today?

I responded to a post with a patently tongue in cheek "Now wait for 'Ha!! So how do you know it wasn't just Thaksin disguised as the junta?'..."

You respond with "Quite possible..." as in it is quite possible Thaksin would/could disguise himself as the junta and then a load of carry on about Chalerm and newspapers. Now I have Mrs baboon proffering money for some reason and speaking in bloody riddles about electricity and percentages. I swear I am going mad...

Edited by baboon

Yes obviously you don't understand as if you did understand the politics and governance in Thailand, you would have no need to ask for the reason the military took power

and will hold onto power for the foreseeable future.

It appears your debating skills are not where they should be given you have to resort to hurling insults at people and swearing at them

typically swearing at people in this manner is typically prevalent in the less educated who are unable to articulate a rational response to a point

What point?? Your "point" is secret, remember? So how does one articulate a rational response to a secret point??

blink.png

And another international convention and/or treaty consigned to the 'Royal' Thai Army waste bin.

And of course, the whole world 'understands' and 'supports' General Prayuth in his self appointed mission to bring a 'sustainable democracy' to Thailand without infringing on any civil rights at all, in fact while enhancing human rights in Thailand, to the point where Thais enjoy more personal freedom than in any other country of the world. Thus spake the little general while not smiling at all.

Right. That's my BS ration for today. Time for a cup of tea.

Winnie.

Tea? Shag that. I shall be drinking heavily...

"Quite possible .. remember Charlem and his third hand.. its a tried an tested PTP tactic. I havent seen it in any other media as the Red Khoasod reported and no official reports. Do you really think it is not possible they are making it up ?"

Robblok - If you are prepared to believe that Thaksin disguised himself as the entire junta and... Actually there is no point in continuing, really..

No actually there is no point because you fail to see the points I made.. do engage your brain for once.

Now I would give this credibility when.. the other newspapers had run this story.. and or the source was not a PTP spokesman.

We all know how Charlem always talked about a mysterious 3rd party who in fact were his own men. So these kind of games are not new to them.

Is it just me today?

I responded to a post with a patently tongue in cheek "Now wait for 'Ha!! So how do you know it wasn't just Thaksin disguised as the junta?'..."

You respond with "Quite possible..." and then a load of carry on about Chalerm and newspapers. Now I have Mrs baboon proffering money for some reason and speaking in bloody riddles about electricity and percentages. I swear I am going mad...

Sorry.. did not see any indication that you were joking. The Charlem comment was to demonstrate that the PTP has often doen false flag operations. As this could be a false flag operation. I pointed out the reasons why.. no reports in other newspapers.. the source.. not the government but one of their own.. and a newspaper that is pro red.

Just did not catch your humor.. and don't go mad it would be boring here without you.

Given the junta's over the top paranoia, it would be a very believable lie . Can Article 44 render a Thai citizen stateless ? By not letting a citizen back into his own country, you would be doing just that. Any leader who would give himself god like

powers would forgo benefit of the doubt.

"And they intimated that people who went might not be allowed to return to Thailand."

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights Article 13.

(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.

(2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.

Article 15.

(1) Everyone has the right to a nationality.

(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his nationality nor denied the right to change his nationality.

Human rights, yeah that's great - the problem is this is Thailand.

But yes, can't stop them entering, but cancelled their passports they can't exit the country they are in without a lot of trouble, could take months to sort out their problems.

Is it just me today?

You respond with "Quite possible..." and then a load of carry on about Chalerm and newspapers. Now I have Mrs baboon proffering money for some reason and speaking in bloody riddles about electricity and percentages. I swear I am going mad...

Sorry.. did not see any indication that you were joking. The Charlem comment was to demonstrate that the PTP has often doen false flag operations. As this could be a false flag operation. I pointed out the reasons why.. no reports in other newspapers.. the source.. not the government but one of their own.. and a newspaper that is pro red.

Just did not catch your humor.. and don't go mad it would be boring here without you.

No worries.?

At least that is cleared up and yes, weven hAve agreed before bother sides are ca pale of dirty tactics. Still for the life of me can't work out what the hell Mrs baboon was blethering on about, mind...

Edit: She has just gone out somewhere. Let's hope she takes her time getting back...

Edited by baboon

http://www.thephuketnews.com/ncpo-again-blocks-guests-to-thaksin-birthday-party-53302.php

blank.gifThailand News blank.gifPhuket | Thailand | World | Business | Q&A | Weird World blank.gif blank.gifblank.gif
blank.gif
NCPO again blocks guests to Thaksin's birthday party

The National Council for Peace and Order again made it clear yesterday (July 21) it would not allow Pheu Thai politicians to travel aboard to celebrate former premier Thaksin Shinawatraʼs 66th birthday, citing concerns the party really was merely cover for a “political meeting”.

- See more at: http://www.thephuketnews.com/ncpo-again-blocks-guests-to-thaksin-birthday-party-53302.php#sthash.F88CXjCM.dpuf

I do not have a particular view on this. Yes Thaksin was convicted in absentia. Yes the Junta granted themselves immunity from all crimes past present and future. Yes the Military and there Elite Cronies still control LOS with an Iron grip.

I believe no matter how long it takes that the Thai People will one day change this equation.

But What never ceases to amaze me is the tirades from the Thaksin Haters? What did he do to you personally. Or did your Isso friends tell you how bad he is.

Me I try to listen to both sides.

I have me own opinions

But in the end on the running of the State and Government I have none because I have no say any way.

And just hope that they continue to let me stay in their lovely country.[/quote

Fact check on your part, Thaksin wasn't convicted absentia, he was convicted prior to absconding from the country. Makes the rest of you post a bit dodgy, doesn't it?

I do not have a particular view on this. Yes Thaksin was convicted in absentia. Yes the Junta granted themselves immunity from all crimes past present and future. Yes the Military and there Elite Cronies still control LOS with an Iron grip.

I believe no matter how long it takes that the Thai People will one day change this equation.

But What never ceases to amaze me is the tirades from the Thaksin Haters? What did he do to you personally. Or did your Isso friends tell you how bad he is.

Me I try to listen to both sides.

I have me own opinions

But in the end on the running of the State and Government I have none because I have no say any way.

And just hope that they continue to let me stay in their lovely country.[/quote

Fact check on your part, Thaksin wasn't convicted absentia, he was convicted prior to absconding from the country. Makes the rest of you post a bit dodgy, doesn't it?

He was overthrown in a military coup on 19 September 2006. His party was outlawed and he was barred from political activity.[4] Thaksin has since lived in self-imposed exile except for a brief visit to Thailand in 2008. He was sentenced in absentia to two years in jail for abuse of power. From abroad he has continued to influence Thai politics, through the People's Power Party that ruled in 2008, and its successor organization Pheu Thai Party, as well as the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship or "red shirt" movement. His younger sister Yingluck Shinawatra was the prime minister of Thailand from 2011 to 2014.

http://www.thephuketnews.com/ncpo-again-blocks-guests-to-thaksin-birthday-party-53302.php

blank.gifThailand News blank.gifPhuket | Thailand | World | Business | Q&A | Weird World blank.gif blank.gifblank.gif
blank.gif
NCPO again blocks guests to Thaksin's birthday party

The National Council for Peace and Order again made it clear yesterday (July 21) it would not allow Pheu Thai politicians to travel aboard to celebrate former premier Thaksin Shinawatraʼs 66th birthday, citing concerns the party really was merely cover for a “political meeting”.

- See more at: http://www.thephuketnews.com/ncpo-again-blocks-guests-to-thaksin-birthday-party-53302.php#sthash.F88CXjCM.dpuf

Thais warned: Don't go to Thaksin's birthday party - we might not let you back home

what you have quoted is not the same as the headline or body of the article on TV

Your piece states they will not let them leave the country, not they will not let them back in...two very different things

What point?? Your "point" is secret, remember? So how does one articulate a rational response to a secret point??

blink.png

Its not a secret, but it takes a degree of rational and logic thought to get to the point, which it appears you are unable to do,

please review what I wrote originally, I never said it was a secret, i said it was a topic which will not be discussed on these forums.

".... is typically prevalent in the less educated who are unable to articulate a rational response to a point"

So you agree that you did not make any point, right? So what you wrote is then pointless.

I know of course what you're rather clumsily referring to but to say that that's the only reason the junta overthrew the elected government clearly shows that you're fresh off the boat (if you live here at all).

Isn't that a face you'd just love to punch. 555555

What a piece of excrement, glad it's having another birthday.....one step closer to death.

He probably has the same views about expats like you who feel the need to meddle in politics of a nation that you are merely a guest in.

Always engage brain before opening ones mouth.

I think you should get some advice on my status in Thailand. Then follow your last sentence you wrote.

They are wise words the last ones. wink.png

And what is your status oh wise one? Another "Don't you know who I am".

Can't they see that they're just solidifying people's alliance to Thaksin by making such threats?

Who made what threat? Could just as easily been the PTP treasurer didn't want to admit they don't have the funds to sponsor 1,000 followers to HK for a wild shindig, especially with Thai Airlines cutting back on free seats for the well connected.

Or a PTP leader just trying to drive another wedge between the good guys and the bad guys. (Note carefully I didn't say which were which)

Seriously? Here's the quote from the article. I assume you can read.

"...after potential guests were warned by the military junta - go to the party and we might not let you back into Thailand."

Good lord, man!!! At least I'm basing my opinion on something we can see. Yours seems to be based on very wild speculation (or those voices in your head LOL).

So exactly what is it you think you can see?

When it comes to Asian politics, here's the one thing I'm sure of after living here for 15 years:

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

If I think I know what's going on, and who the good guys and the bad guys are, it just means that one of their spin doctors has done a better job than the others' spin doctors. It doesn't mean I know diddly squat.

Asian politics is played at a level that we can't even begin to comprehend, because the heroes in our legends are the guys who play fair and prevail anyway. The heroes in their legends are the ones who get what they're after even if it means lying, cheating and stabbing their lifelong friends in the back. That's not a judgment about which system is better. Just an acknowledgement that the rules are different.

Surely someone has made a silly mistake.

You go to Thaksins party, we will not allow you to come backcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Brain dead stupid buggers, saying or doing thinks like that you are only making Thaksins cause to look more respectable.

I will not be going he forgot my invitegiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

saying or doing thinks like that you are only making Thaksins cause to look more respectable.

You're assuming that this would be reported in the Thai language press. Maybe not? (I do agree with your proposition).