Thais warned: Don't go to Thaksin's birthday party - we might not let you back home

webfact

"And they intimated that people who went might not be allowed to return to Thailand."

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights Article 13.

(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.
(2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.

Article 15.

(1) Everyone has the right to a nationality.
(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his nationality nor denied the right to change his nationality.

Edited by Hawk

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"And they intimated that people who went might not be allowed to return to Thailand."

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights Article 13.

(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.

(2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.

The UN is not my father

What an utterly pathetic move by the government.......they cannot refuse their citizens access to the country because they go to meet the a few generals "enemy"!

The antics of this ruling junta should seriously be starting to worry Thai people......referendum or not...election or not.....this junta isn't leaving any time soon!

As much as I dislike the Junta you guys here all seem to be taking the words of Pheu Thai as being gospel.

We all know they fools are notorious for distorting facts and lying while they look you right straight in the face.

I will believe it when I hear it from the government and definitely not from Pheu Thai.

Edited by Rayk

What an utterly pathetic move by the government.......they cannot refuse their citizens access to the country because they go to meet the a few generals "enemy"!

The antics of this ruling junta should seriously be starting to worry Thai people......referendum or not...election or not.....this junta isn't leaving any time soon!

where is your evidence that this pathetic move is actually by the government and not pathetic lies by the PTP to forward some agenda ?

Isn't that a face you'd just love to punch. 555555

What a piece of excrement, glad it's having another birthday.....one step closer to death.

He probably has the same views about expats like you who feel the need to meddle in politics of a nation that you are merely a guest in.

Always engage brain before opening ones mouth.

I think you should get some advice on my status in Thailand. Then follow your last sentence you wrote.

They are wise words the last ones. wink.png

Care to share your delusion of grandeur with us all?

Thaksin should wait until after the referendum before staging his birthday bash (and hope that the Draft Constitution is accepted by the Thai people).

A comparison of just one Section from the Interim and Draft documents says it all!

Under the Interim Constitution 2014:

Section 44. In the case where the Head of the National Council for Peace and Order deems necessary for the purpose of reforms in various fields, for the enhancement of unity and harmony among people in the country, or for the prevention, restraint, or suppression of any act which undermines public order or national security, the Throne, the national economy, or State affairs, irrespective of whether such act occurred inside or outside the Kingdom, the Head of the National Council for Peace and Order, with the approval of the National Council for Peace and Order, shall have power to order, restrain, or perform any act, whether such act has legislative, executive, or judicial force; the orders and the acts, including the performance in compliance with such orders, shall be deemed lawful and constitutional under this Constitution, and shall be final. When those have been carried out, a report shall be made to the President of the National Assembly and the Prime Minister for acknowledgement without delay.

And in the Draft Constitution 2016: Section 44 A person shall enjoy the liberty to assemble peacefully and without arms. Restriction on the liberty under Paragraph One shall be prohibited, except by virtue of the provisions of the law enacted for the purpose of maintaining the security of the State, public safety, public order or good morals of people, or protecting the rights or liberties of other persons.

What a piece of excrement, glad it's having another birthday.....one step closer to death.

No not at all he was a democratically elected PM that was removed by an Illegal coup finally when the people were allowed to vote again they voted in his Sister and again she as the legal democratically elected PM and yet again removed by a Coup hmmmmm LOOKS like a pattern here 2 democratically elected individuals removed by a coup and now they are doing their very best to avoid and make it hard for THE PEOPLE to elect who they want

So No I dont want to punch him in the face I want to wish him a Happy Birthday

As much as I dislike the Junta you guys here all seem to be taking the words of Pheu Thai as being gospel.

We all know they fools are notorious for distorting facts and lying while they look you right straight in the face.

I will believe it when I hear it from the government and definitely not from Pheu Thai.

clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Seriously haha

For someone whom the administration constantly reminds us is of little consequence and yesterdays man, Thaksin sure attracts a lot of attention. Those posters not familiar with either the north or north-east of Thailand would be somewhat surprised to learn that this man's followers appear to number in the millions. Sufficient one would say to be of enormous consequence if the administration were honest.

So if Thaksin is such a big threat that you warn people of visiting him, Why haven't you just brought him back to Thailand to serve his prison sentence? What is keeping you from doing that?

Or is it because it is mighty convenient to have a bogeyman to blame?

He probably has the same views about expats like you who feel the need to meddle in politics of a nation that you are merely a guest in.

Always engage brain before opening ones mouth.

I think you should get some advice on my status in Thailand. Then follow your last sentence you wrote.

They are wise words the last ones. wink.png

Ha Ha, brilliant !!

Can't they see that they're just solidifying people's alliance to Thaksin by making such threats?

Who made what threat? Could just as easily been the PTP treasurer didn't want to admit they don't have the funds to sponsor 1,000 followers to HK for a wild shindig, especially with Thai Airlines cutting back on free seats for the well connected.

Or a PTP leader just trying to drive another wedge between the good guys and the bad guys. (Note carefully I didn't say which were which)

Seriously? Here's the quote from the article. I assume you can read.

"...after potential guests were warned by the military junta - go to the party and we might not let you back into Thailand."

Good lord, man!!! At least I'm basing my opinion on something we can see. Yours seems to be based on very wild speculation (or those voices in your head LOL).

It seems a little petty, even for Thailand.

I wouldn't want Cameron or Blair saying who I could visit on holiday.

I can understand you not wanting Bliar or Camoron to stop you visiting a friend on holiday, but Theresa may try..

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Is non-binding in international law, plus Thailand wasn't even a signatory to it in 1948.

But is listed as a signatory as of 2008

I doubt that Thailand has created relevant pieces of legislation based on this declaration. sad.png

Edited by Morakot

Can't they see that they're just solidifying people's alliance to Thaksin by making such threats?

Who made what threat? Could just as easily been the PTP treasurer didn't want to admit they don't have the funds to sponsor 1,000 followers to HK for a wild shindig, especially with Thai Airlines cutting back on free seats for the well connected.

Or a PTP leader just trying to drive another wedge between the good guys and the bad guys. (Note carefully I didn't say which were which)

There are no good guys,only bad and less bad. And the less bad are the ones elected by the people and who can be removed by the electorate. The bad ones are the old elite who desperately cling to power by staging coups.

I didnt realize Thaksin is still so popular, nice of the PM to let us know

Free all expense paid trip to HK for a party? Hell, I may jump on that one myself.

BTW, who is is this Thaksin guy?

Who is Thaksin? He is the bogeyman the junta uses as an excuse to overthrow an elected government and cling on to power. Some Thais believe this <deleted>, but what's astonishing is that a small group of foreigners believe it too!!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

There are no good guys,only bad and less bad. And the less bad are the ones elected by the people and who can be removed by the electorate. The bad ones are the old elite who desperately cling to power by staging coups.

"And the less bad are the ones elected by the people and who can be removed by the electorate. "

Wise words, if the elected ones play by and respect the rules.

Edited by scorecard

Seriously? Here's the quote from the article. I assume you can read.

"...after potential guests were warned by the military junta - go to the party and we might not let you back into Thailand."

Good lord, man!!! At least I'm basing my opinion on something we can see. Yours seems to be based on very wild speculation (or those voices in your head LOL).

Now wait for 'Ha!! So how do you know it wasn't just Thaksin disguised as the junta?'...

Free all expense paid trip to HK for a party? Hell, I may jump on that one myself.

Who is Thaksin? He is the bogeyman the junta uses as an excuse to overthrow an elected government and cling on to power. Some Thais believe this <deleted>, but what's astonishing is that a small group of foreigners believe it too!!

What rubbish. Every point you attempt is distorted.

Are you saying the paymaster is clean and innocent?

'Small group of foreigners...' No comment needed.

Edited by scorecard

What rubbish. Every point you attempt is distorted.

Are you saying the paymaster is clean and innocent?

'Small group of foreigners...' No comment needed.

the very real wonderment is that you really believe the stories AND believe the junta. no one here is 'clean and innocent' but he was elected - get it?

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Is non-binding in international law, plus Thailand wasn't even a signatory to it in 1948.

But is listed as a signatory as of 2008

I doubt that Thailand has created relevant pieces of legislation based on this declaration. sad.png

in fact didn't the "big man" say "the UN is not my father"