Nirun Grand Ville, in Central Pattaya Raided for Overstayers

snoop1130

Getting like Nazi Germany, army doing door to door searches and checking foreigners' papers are in order.

Right at this very moment I don't have my passport. I have an agent do my annual retirement extensions and my passport is currently with Jomtien immigration. I expected it back on Friday but it wasn't finished so I guess I'll be getting it returned sometime on Monday.

Now if the army came knocking on my door this afternoon and demanded to see my passport, they'd no doubt take my explaination to be a cock & bull story and arrest me, and I'd he held at the lockup until Monday when immigration opens again.

So much for the land of smiles.

In this case i would call my agent. Even better, my Immigration Officer friend. Everyone should have an Immigration Officer Friend.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find this scary. Even i have nothing to hide and have a valid visa, i would feel very uncomfortable if my condo get raided.

True that. Another example of a very small man overreaching his authority. And on what grounds? Is this just more bit of anti-farang nonsense, from a nationalistically oriented simple mind?

Perhaps one day they will succeed, and we will all choose to move on to greener pastures.

Getting like Nazi Germany, army doing door to door searches and checking foreigners' papers are in order.

Right at this very moment I don't have my passport. I have an agent do my annual retirement extensions and my passport is currently with Jomtien immigration. I expected it back on Friday but it wasn't finished so I guess I'll be getting it returned sometime on Monday.

Now if the army came knocking on my door this afternoon and demanded to see my passport, they'd no doubt take my explaination to be a cock & bull story and arrest me, and I'd he held at the lockup until Monday when immigration opens again.

So much for the land of smiles.

Some acknowledgement from the "agent" and a copy of your passport and valid visa/extension would probably be enough to back up your situation.smile.png

This is happened since 2012 & 2014 to my previous Vietnamese, Filipina and African work colleagues, they came straight to their condo building in Bangkok,sent to IDC and deported, in the past police used to snatch the overstayers via Thai informants, nowadays the novelty is picking up farangs and also knocking on the doors, since 2012 I witnessed many Russians working girls in Pattaya being snatched by immigration.

Edited by marcofunny

Quite scary that they can just go into your home and check without a warrant or anything. That they want to check for people overstaying.. ok but a house to house search for substances is crazy.

Under Thai Law, police have no right to come into your home unless they have a warrant or you let them in.Things might be different under current martial law though.

Passports can be checked at the door.

it would be indeed interesting to know what change in civil rights has happened now as a martial law applies ? don't we have a lawyer here in TV ?

All this raiding of condos for over stayers, buy police, immigration,

Make you feel like a very valued Guest, cheesy.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gif

knock Knock, Papers, papers , where your papers. what a way, to treat a so called guest facepalm.gif

( paying customer )

Would be nice if they used that man power , for more productive use.

come on, go catch the real bad boys. wai2.gif

Edited by onemorechang

Make you feel like a very valued Guest, cheesy.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gif

knock Knock, Papers, papers , where your papers. what a way, to treat a so called guest facepalm.gif

( paying customer )

As always you don't have anything to add to this topic. They are catching the bad guys, the overstayers and possible criminals hiding in Thailand . We need more of this.

Knock knock , lets do it. 1zgarz5.gif

( paying customer )

As always you don't have anything to add to this topic. They are catching the bad guys, the overstayers and possible criminals hiding in Thailand . We need more of this.

Petty crime is always viewed by petty people as a triumph.

Its a pantomime show, coffee1.gif

Edited by onemorechang

( paying customer )

Petty crime is always viewed by petty people as a triumph.

Its a pantomime show, coffee1.gif

There's a thread on its own how do you define petty crime then??? Surley crime is crime with varying degrees of sentence if caught. Petty crime!!!! Do you mean burglary/pick pockets v stealing sweats from a shop for example. All have a bearing on the person who has been robbed, but little bearing on those of us who were not. So if I was robbed I would not say it was petty were you who were not robbed may belive it to be a petty crime. I have always denounced the hang em high brigade on here with regards to overstayers and to the way they are vilified by them. But at the end of the day they are committing a crime and if caught dealt with accordingly. But I still will denounce the brigade on here as I see no way this can have an impact on others in anyway. Edited by Deepinthailand

Visa overstay = Petty crime.

Murder on the roads = serious crime.

Muggings = serious crime.

Drug dealing = serious crime.

Scams / Fraud = serious crime.

Extortion = serious crime

People have died in the past because the above,

No one died of a petty over stay. Good enough.

Some people on Tv, would execute people for dropping litter. facepalm.gif

Edited by onemorechang

Visa overstay = Petty crime.

Murder on the roads = serious crime.

Muggings = serious crime.

Drug dealing = serious crime.

Scams / Fraud = serious crime.

Extortion = serious crime

People have died in the past because the above,

No one died of a petty over stay. Good enough.

Some people on Tv, would execute people for dropping litter. facepalm.gif

Just about what I said I belive.

Visa overstay is petty crime, yes but being on serious overstay means many (not always) time being on serious money problems and that converts many times crime which is not petty any more..

As for raiding Nirun, it makes sense since Nirun is place for many poor farangs and cheap rents.

'Love the lamoes who set themselves up as judges of which local laws are worthy of enforcement and which ones not. 'Found the not-unless-it-leads-to-someone-dying a particularly good candidate for the TV Theatre of the Absurd. They must be putting some really good stuff in the meds these days!