Nearly 40 held in Romania slavery probe as new evidence emerges

rooster59

Nearly 40 held in Romania slavery probe as new evidence emerges

post-247607-0-54552100-1468623965_thumb.

Authorities in Romania have formally detained 38 people suspected of running a slavery ring.

They were among some 90 suspects said to have been part of an extended Roma family who exploited scores of poor and vulnerable people.

The victims, men and boys, are said to have been kidnapped, chained up, and forced to work, beg, look after animals or fight each other.

According to some locals, the exploitation of the “slaves” was done in plain sight. Prosecutors are said to be considering claims that people were sold to other families for small sums of money to do hard physical labour.

Following the raids in the remote rural village of Gamacesti in the south of the country there was uproar among Roma residents angry about the accusations, while the mayor denied he was involved.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-07-16

No surprises that it was Roma gypsies. I've worked with some very well educated Romanians and they never said a bad word about anyone until I asked them about the Roma. Their expressions changed and they could not find one redeeming feature for them. I think the kindest thing they said about them was "vermin".

No surprises that it was Roma gypsies. I've worked with some very well educated Romanians and they never said a bad word about anyone until I asked them about the Roma. Their expressions changed and they could not find one redeeming feature for them. I think the kindest thing they said about them was "vermin".

Ignorant, bigoted or both, your "well educated" pals.

Among the "vermin" that they were indiscriminately castigating are:

Charlie Chaplin

Elvis Presley

Django Reinhardt

Helen Mirren

Michael Caine

Robert Plant

Joe Zawinul

Albert Lee

Ronnie Wood

Tracey Ullman

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

And of course...... many millions more, some of whom might have a redeeming feature or two!