another one bites the dust, no more Sizzler @ KSK ?

daoyai

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only ever went to Sizzler once,found a great,big,fat caterpillar on the underside of my salad and that was that! bah.gif

Damm.. i really don't get it foreigners are never happy. Its like their life is centered around complaining, even when they get some fresh meat for free with their salad they still complain. cheesy.gif

Personally i love sizzler, have never had any problems, go there often, also go often to Oishy buffet and MK. Here in BKK Sizzler is always packed .. you need to get a Nr to get in and I am almost always the only foreigner.

So - they resole your shoes for you?

Or - you're bragging about the strength of your teeth & gums.....

Sizzlers born & bred - and died in the USA.....

Next up - Waffle House affectionados.....

I know - same same - but but but different....!!!! It's all in the texture......

Did you say Waffle House. That would be a great addition.

BREAKFAST-for-WEB-1024.png

I only ever went to Sizzler once,found a great,big,fat caterpillar on the underside of my salad and that was that! bah.gif

Damm.. i really don't get it foreigners are never happy. Its like their life is centered around complaining, even when they get some fresh meat for free with their salad they still complain. cheesy.gif

Personally i love sizzler, have never had any problems, go there often, also go often to Oishy buffet and MK. Here in BKK Sizzler is always packed .. you need to get a Nr to get in and I am almost always the only foreigner.

Agree. I go to Sizzler all the time, mostly for the salad bar, but the other specials as well. Funny, but I've never ordered steak there. We've still got Sizzlers at a couple of other locations, so not a total loss.

Chiang Mai doesn't need Sizzlers or Subway ... we've got The Dukes! wai2.gif

KSK appears to be closing down, slowly, not before time as it's a horrible old mall. The land is ripe for redevelopment.

Hope they renovate rather than knock it down. The building has character and was designed to fit in somewhat with the feel of the old city. If it does close for either reason, think of all the great fire sales at Central, Sport World, etc.

sizzler"s business model psychologically prepares you to

order the entree (by flashing a very attractive price) which then translates

into a meal that may not be conceived as not a value for money product.

other factors like total turnover or the rentals could also have played a role

in the closure.

I heard that KSK is not renewing leases as they expire, don't know the reason though.

Normally that's a sign they are planning to revamp the mall.

Have you looked closely at the condition of the place on the outside? That’s a demolition job because it could never be revamped cost effectively and there is no guarantee that what they have destined for that site is even another shopping centre?

I went there once and never again. No loss at all for overpriced western food! They may close KFC as well, another american chain bah.gif

KFC 20,000 locations in 123 countries.The worlds second largest chain after McDonald's and a revenue of 23 billion in 1913,.So what world wide fast food franchise do you have where you come from in your country ? Whats that ? None ?

I went there once and never again. No loss at all for overpriced western food! They may close KFC as well, another american chain bah.gif

KFC 20,000 locations in 123 countries.The worlds second largest chain after McDonald's and a revenue of 23 billion in 1913,.So what world wide fast food franchise do you have where you come from in your country ? Whats that ? None ?

Yeah, KFC and McDs; what a source of national pridecheesy.gif

Another one bites the dust, they are slowly dying in Australia as well, overpriced, average quality, always waiting for clean table. Checked out Ubon Ratchathani Sizzler recently at Central shopping centre, no different here, overpriced and average quality food, one can only eat so much, they were OK in their day, now time to go.

Sizzler failed in several states in The US a long time ago because of the low quality of the food.I haven't seen a Sizzler in Texas in 20 years.I guess that they thought that Thais weren't that knowledge d about good meat.

Maybe you're not paying attention. There are hundreds of Sizzler Steak's throughout Texas so where have you been?

Really? I just did a check and it currently shows none in Texas.... Hmmmmmmm

https://www.sizzler.com/locations?view=list&q=Texas

Chiang Mai doesn't need Sizzlers or Subway ... we've got The Dukes! wai2.gif

KSK appears to be closing down, slowly, not before time as it's a horrible old mall. The land is ripe for redevelopment.

Hope they renovate rather than knock it down. The building has character and was designed to fit in somewhat with the feel of the old city. If it does close for either reason, think of all the great fire sales at Central, Sport World, etc.

LOL... That building is a <deleted> maze.

Whether you liked Sizzler's at KSK is immaterial, it's gone. But a far bigger question is whether the KSK mall itself is under threat as the loss of that shopping center will affect the entire neighborhood and many, many farangs and locals. Much emptiness on the KSK upper floors for sure, so maybe a big change is in the works.

Do we need another MAYA, or monster housing complex complete with 6 floors of car park but no good food court? Too bad, but only the rich elite and government beneficiaries will get rewarded with a new construction. Frankly, and maybe it's only me, but i decry the great loss of open green land and trees in favor of ugly car parks or equally ugly shopping malls blaring out their mind-numbing LED 'buyme, buyme' messages 24/7.

Just look at the pile of concrete feces next to Nankornping Condo, which just last year was a lovely garden. Now 'HOPINN'. I'm tempted to move to the countryside.

i don't think KSK is going anywhere soon. they did a cost analysis a few years ago on what it would cost to demolish it. the cost was astronomical. instead the plan was to refurbish it. at one time the cost analysis was posted on-line.

Yeah, KFC and McDs; what a source of national pridecheesy.gif

Fast food is haute cuisine to most Yanks.

Of course KSK will demolished soon, very interesting for condo development.

Anyone who things differently is dreaming. Chiang Mai is changing fast, you better believe it.

I've just been told by one of my staff that Central lease the plot from The Mall and that the lease is expiring soon. The Mall will be renovating/building a new one.

This is just one of the #### posts/threads about Kad Saan Keaw or Central closing or the lease causing problems:

I think you missed out the one on the corner of Nimmenhamen and the Superhighway. I thought I spotted yet another on the Superhighway between Index and Macro but it looks like a new branch of the Bangkok Hospital.

Once Central Festival has been built, I'm told that Central Dept Store will close in Kad Suan Kaew and re-locate which will leave them looking for a new anchor and a vast hole in their revenue. I would guess demolition is on the cards but whether they'll be able to attract the retailers back is the big question. It's the best location for a mall but surely there must be a limit as to how many B2S, Clinics and chain restaurants the population can support. As it is, even over at Central Airport Plaza the retailers are coming and going with alarming speed - Ice Monster closed today, California Wow hung up the sign yesterday and there's a new ice cream joint with the ambience of a high end restaurant that doesn't look like it will see a six month anniversary since I've never seen more than three people in it.

With all this investment in retail space, I guess someone has a theory about where the money is going to come from to buy the overpriced goodies. Not the families from Bangkok so widely rumoured to be buying retirement homes all the new moobans - they'll be years away. There's precious little serious industry and the small exporters and tourist businesses are hurting from the strength of the baht. Sure, the Chinese are coming in droves but it's a brave person who could predict how that will go.

Interesting times...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/616447-central-festival-mall-in-chiang-mai/ post #5 (no reflection on the poster intended... just a subject brought forth before)

I heard that KSK is not renewing leases as they expire, don't know the reason though.

One can only hope they build a new mall and a few more condos in its place. Because that's what we need. Either that or tear it down and turn the land into a giant market that will fail, then turn into a Thai bar made from shipping containers. Then when that fails, on with the condos and new mall.

This is just one of the #### posts/threads about Kad Saan Keaw or Central closing or the lease causing problems:

I think you missed out the one on the corner of Nimmenhamen and the Superhighway. I thought I spotted yet another on the Superhighway between Index and Macro but it looks like a new branch of the Bangkok Hospital.

Once Central Festival has been built, I'm told that Central Dept Store will close in Kad Suan Kaew and re-locate which will leave them looking for a new anchor and a vast hole in their revenue. I would guess demolition is on the cards but whether they'll be able to attract the retailers back is the big question. It's the best location for a mall but surely there must be a limit as to how many B2S, Clinics and chain restaurants the population can support. As it is, even over at Central Airport Plaza the retailers are coming and going with alarming speed - Ice Monster closed today, California Wow hung up the sign yesterday and there's a new ice cream joint with the ambience of a high end restaurant that doesn't look like it will see a six month anniversary since I've never seen more than three people in it.

With all this investment in retail space, I guess someone has a theory about where the money is going to come from to buy the overpriced goodies. Not the families from Bangkok so widely rumoured to be buying retirement homes all the new moobans - they'll be years away. There's precious little serious industry and the small exporters and tourist businesses are hurting from the strength of the baht. Sure, the Chinese are coming in droves but it's a brave person who could predict how that will go.

Interesting times...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/616447-central-festival-mall-in-chiang-mai/ post #5 (no reflection on the poster intended... just a subject brought forth before)

What do you mean, "once Central Festival has been built" - it's been open for about a year already hasn't it?

What do you mean, "once Central Festival has been built" - it's been open for about a year already hasn't it?

Did you go to the linked topic? Check the date... My point is rumors of Kad Saan Keaw/Central/etc. closing pop up from time to time. Many times because someone has heard it from a "reliable source".

BY THE WAY: One day it will not be just a rumor.

Archived