Photo for the new Personal Information Form at Phuket Immigration

agogohome

Hi guys,

It's that dreaded time of year again, and have to visit the immigration office in Phuket Town for my annual extension. I've completed all I can of the the new personal information form, now I need to know if it requires a photo - there's a space for one, but it doesn't say it's needed. Anyone? ... preferably on Phuket.

Thanks

post-159238-0-73767500-1468635462_thumb.

Edited by agogohome

No, if you look at the retirement extension thread I laid out what sections of the form needed completing as of 14 Jul. Be aware they are closed until 21 Jul.

Sorry, just to clarify, 'No' means no photo? Do you have a link to your thread? Navigating around Thai Visa is nightmare wai.gif

No, if you look at the retirement extension thread I laid out what sections of the form needed completing as of 14 Jul. Be aware they are closed until 21 Jul.

Sorry, just to clarify, 'No' means no photo? Do you have a link to your thread? Navigating around Thai Visa is nightmare wai.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/911456-retirement-extension-2016-latest-requirements/?p=10959115

Why would you need a photo when they don't look at the completed form and toss it to one side!!

Hoops, all about the pleasure of making people jump through hoops to get through another dreary day at work.

That makes sense but it is better than working in the paddy fields!!

There is a PDF version of the form which clearly says:

Photo

Size 4*6 CM

Not over 6 months,

do not smile,

proper dress

with white

background only

That's the usually req. size.

"white background" sounds like a simplified translation.

A subtle problem: the provided space is too small for 4*6 cm biggrin.png

You have to cover some of the description text above.

http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/controversial-foreign-national-information-form-arrives-in-pattaya-being-rolled-out-nationwide/146311/

http://newscontent.thaivisa.com/2016/06/22/Foreign_National_Information.pdf

It seems to me that different offices have different templates/forms.

Edited by KhunBENQ

This is a real problem. Photo yes or no?! How can this be solved? Very difficult question, need to be discussed in deep.

Normally I print out 3x3 photos and if I need more than 9 it is a problem for me.

I did mine recently no photo was required! It seems this form will need to be completed on every visit, what a joke!

I did my 90 day reporting a couple of days ago and picked up the new form - but nobody asked me for it

Think I'll also give the photo a miss next month and see what happens. Thanks smile.png

I did mine recently no photo was required! It seems this form will need to be completed on every visit, what a joke!

I did my 90 day reporting a couple of days ago and picked up the new form - but nobody asked me for it

Think I'll also give the photo a miss next month and see what happens. Thanks smile.png

On Thursday last I did my 90 day report at Phitsanulok. Passport through scanner and printout new receipt with new date in October.

I was handed one of these information forms and filled in as much as I could re addresses here and there etc. I signed it, no photo, handed it back to the young lady behind the desk and she just placed it on a pile without so much as a glance.

I think they are just going through the motions to keep the guys, with heavy metal on their shirts, happy. I suspect its not worth the paper it is printed on, since most of the important details about me and my passport are all in their computer files.

If they have a place to put the photo I would think that means they want one.

I agree, but the space is about as big as a thumbnail and I'll have to get some more photos printed

I'm OK - I have plenty that size from about 7 years ago. post-35489-0-86494800-1455289589.gif

This is a real problem. Photo yes or no?! How can this be solved? Very difficult question, need to be discussed in deep.

Normally I print out 3x3 photos and if I need more than 9 it is a problem for me.

Well, if you are not satisfied with answers from the gods of Thailand immigration on Thai Visa, perhaps you could ask the makers of the form. Yes, wow, call immigration and ask. But be warned, that asking a stupid question will net you a stupid answer. Put a dam photo there. There is a spot for one.

Well, if you are not satisfied with answers from the gods of Thailand immigration on Thai Visa, perhaps you could ask the makers of the form. Yes, wow, call immigration and ask. But be warned, that asking a stupid question will net you a stupid answer. Put a dam photo there. There is a spot for one.

To do or not to do that is the question.

@Agogohome

Thanks for the photo of the Phuket version of the form.

It is all on one page, unlike the .pdf version.

Would you please post another photo in high resolution, or maybe a scan of the form so that it can be printed. Then it would be possible to fill it in once and print a copy when needed.

Cheers! thumbsup.gif