Thaksin: Look towards China and what they have achieved

webfact

He wants to come back to Thailand and why not. Why the upheavel, the bs spun by Suthep and his ilk. Let the man come back and then no more divide in Thailand.

Sure let him come back. Serve his 2 year prison sentence, acceptance the punishment for jumping bail, and face all those other 15 or so outstanding cases, including the Krungthai Bank fraud.

Then perhaps the divide could be reduced.

Or are you suggesting another blanket Amnesty regardless of what the crime was?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wants to come back to Thailand and why not. Why the upheavel, the bs spun by Suthep and his ilk. Let the man come back and then no more divide in Thailand.

Sure let him come back. Serve his 2 year prison sentence, acceptance the punishment for jumping bail, and face all those other 15 or so outstanding cases, including the Krungthai Bank fraud.

Then perhaps the divide could be reduced.

Or are you suggesting another blanket Amnesty regardless of what the crime was?

You can say that for many countries. China is a copy culture. They copy products, steal ideas, ride on the backs of real creators. They will be able to rise to a certain level, but as wages rise, there will be no large rewards for exports. I admire their ambitions and work ethic, but communism and creativity do not have a healthy relationship. There are still people that remember the Cultural Revolution!

What are China's ambitions in dealing with Thailand?

Do they prefer Prayuth or Thaksin?

Seems to me that Thaksin was easier to deal with than Prayuth.

As Thaksin is a self-made Billionaire. Wouldn't he know better about economics than Prayuth? If I had money to invest I'd rather give it to Thaksin than Prayuth.

I'm sure the Chinese know exactly what he is, how he does business and how it enriches himself and his family.

Only on TVF do we find posters naive about that. And no, he was never penniless. Look up his family history.

should be given a pardon in the interests of peace and unity

Crap, He should have to serve his sentence, be punished in accordance with the law for jumping bail and have to face court on all those 15 plus criminal cases that are outstanding.

No more than a common criminal who has made billions out of stealing from the Thai people.

Allowing such to put themselves above the law will never help peace and unity.

He is free to come back whenever he wants. Nobody is stopping him.

Actually, the return of Thaksin is the junta leader's worst nightmare and would have been vigorously opposed by him.
If so why don't he return?

He doesn't like shackles, apparently 5555

He also does not like to push off a building, die of fatal disease, sucide by hanging and all those nasty unfortunate incidents when you behind bars. Seem these unfortunate accidents always happen when country in military rule.

Wake up Eric. Didn't you here of the extrajudicial executions of claimed drug dealers, or all those who had accidents or disappeared during the Shin years?

Seems once a crook always a crook.

He is free to come back whenever he wants. Nobody is stopping him.

Actually, the return of Thaksin is the junta leader's worst nightmare and would have been vigorously opposed by him.
If so why don't he return?

He doesn't like shackles, apparently 5555

He also does not like to push off a building, die of fatal disease, sucide by hanging and all those nasty unfortunate incidents when you behind bars. Seem these unfortunate accidents always happen when country in military rule.

Wake up Eric. Didn't you here of the extrajudicial executions of claimed drug dealers, or all those who had accidents or disappeared during the Shin years?

Seems once a crook always a crook.

shin fans don't like to talk about reality and the past BB.

It's hard to face facts

So funny to read this thread. The mere mention of the name Thaksin is enough to get people frothing at the mouth. Of course there are always the posters who claim he is becoming irrelevant. Been reading those posts for 10 years now. Like it or not he is here to stay.

You can say that for many countries. China is a copy culture. They copy products, steal ideas, ride on the backs of real creators. They will be able to rise to a certain level, but as wages rise, there will be no large rewards for exports. I admire their ambitions and work ethic, but communism and creativity do not have a healthy relationship. There are still people that remember the Cultural Revolution!

As Thaksin is a self-made Billionaire. Wouldn't he know better about economics than Prayuth? If I had money to invest I'd rather give it to Thaksin than Prayuth.

I'm sure the Chinese know exactly what he is, how he does business and how it enriches himself and his family.

Only on TVF do we find posters naive about that. And no, he was never penniless. Look up his family history.

Continue to: "As Thaksin is a self-made Billionaire. Wouldn't he know better about economics than Prayuth? If I had money to invest I'd rather give it to Thaksin than Prayuth."

- Self made billionaire - not true: he went bust several times in several business ventures, then got a monopoly handed to him on a plate by a ruthless soldier, then became a billionaire from two factors: monopoly and he charged exorbitant fees, customers had no other options.

But hey maybe you could give the paymaster your wealth so he can expand his interests in blood diamonds, with employees who work in poor and disgraceful circumstances which break every known value and law ever discussed or passed in terms of human rights, would make even hitler blush.

Edited by scorecard

So funny to read this thread. The mere mention of the name Thaksin is enough to get people frothing at the mouth. Of course there are always the posters who claim he is becoming irrelevant. Been reading those posts for 10 years now. Like it or not he is here to stay.

He is not here to stay! Non of us human is!

As long as he live he will try to make problems for Thailand if he can't come back on his shining white horse. Would be nice to hear the story again from his first partner, the American investor that he ruined and got kicked out from Thailand.

Edited by HiSoLowSoNoSo

You can say that for many countries. China is a copy culture. They copy products, steal ideas, ride on the backs of real creators.

If you go back even further, the Chinese were sitting around in silk pyjamas & smoking marijuana while Europeans were still learning how to wipe their asses after defecating....

It's no coincidence the Greeks were more advanced & educated the rest of Europe simply as a result of being further east than the rest of Europe.

All intellectual property is theft! wink.png

Edited by HappyDazed

Thaksin, Somchai and Yingluck have all been PM's and one other member of the family has been an Army Chief. His TRT party is a leftist party more intune with Communist China than the far right Prayuths People no Power Party.

So IMO the Chinese would love to have Thaksin running the show again. So too the Americans. But like DNK there is nothing either super power can do but deal with the current status quo.

Edited by Wilsonandson

I am 555555 ;)

I am 555555 wink.png

OK ND, sorry I forgot about you. wink.png

Say what you please in response but the bottom line: he's correct ( however irksome some might find it).

Oh don't worry. Our General will soon overtake the Chinese... at least in Human Rights violations. Perhaps he and Thaksin will make a contest whose nose is browner.

So when Prayut warms to Chinese relations and looks towards China he is labeled a communist.

When Thaksin (who also had relations with China though not as robust as with Prayut) says "Look towards China" the comments are "Say what you please in response but the bottom line: he's correct ( however irksome some might find it)"

Haha. thaksin supporter logic right their folks.

One was a popularly elected official brought down by a coup. The other is a coup leader who has given himself god like powers. Thaksin is a better roll model for the Chinese government than the pouting general, because he was elected by a majority.

You just cannot make somebody like the general look good no matter what you do.

'Look towards China and what they have achieved'... 'Democracy' you mean? Ah, no, true, you said it yourself: 'Democracy is not my goal'...

Dare to go tell the Thais they will have to work in the same (hard, unhealthy, dangerous, inhumane) conditions and for the same salaries as the 'basic' chinaman, with the same lack of freedom, what would Drs Thida and Weng, and your red shirts think about that one...

Are you trying to say that all factories in China are unhealthy, dangerous, inhumane ? What factories do you visit and where ?

'Look towards China and what they have achieved'... 'Democracy' you mean? Ah, no, true, you said it yourself: 'Democracy is not my goal'...

Dare to go tell the Thais they will have to work in the same (hard, unhealthy, dangerous, inhumane) conditions and for the same salaries as the 'basic' chinaman, with the same lack of freedom, what would Drs Thida and Weng, and your red shirts think about that one...

Are you trying to say that all factories in China are unhealthy, dangerous, inhumane ? What factories do you visit and where ?

Nice 'twist' of yours: of course NOT the 'factories' one is made, or is it: let..., to 'visit', NO: the remote production sites, and the tens or hundred of 'subsidiaries' working for each of those 'model factories', one will NOT be shown, one is not suppose to know about, and one is surely not supposed to enquire about, ...and even less to 'visit', when one does not want to get into all kinds of 'problems', with not-so-friendly-at-all Chinese... Of course, you are 'bona fide', you didn't know at all about hard, unhealthy, dangerous, inhumane working conditions in the 'People Republic' of China, ...did you?

'Wilsonandson': '...Thaksin is a self-made Billionaire': do you really believe that crap, or do you just propagate false information?

'Wilsonandson': '...Thaksin is a self-made Billionaire': do you really believe that crap, or do you just propagate false information?
I believe that he was voted into power democratically. That he might have made some mistakes in the past. But that he is an economic genius.

So, yes!

Also as a footnote:-

What pleases me more is your replies. I'm being well fed today. Thankyou and good day to you sir. I'm a red Djamie.

I believe that he was voted into power democratically. That he might have made some mistakes in the past. But that he is an economic genius.

So, yes!

What pleases me more is your replies. I'm being well fed today. Thankyou and good day to you sir. I'm a red Djamie.

Sorry you didn't tell where you got the 'self-made billionaire' stuff from..., but thank you for your last sentence, I got it, loud and clear, I won't waste any more time, goodnight Mr 'red herring'!

So when Prayut warms to Chinese relations and looks towards China he is labeled a communist.

When Thaksin (who also had relations with China though not as robust as with Prayut) says "Look towards China" the comments are "Say what you please in response but the bottom line: he's correct ( however irksome some might find it)"

One was a popularly elected official brought down by a coup. The other is a coup leader who has given himself god like powers. Thaksin is a better roll model for the Chinese government than the pouting general, because he was elected by a majority.

Actually Thaksin was illegally holding the post as he had officially resigned and publicly stated (for the first but not the last time) that he was finished with Thai politics. He tendered his resignation to the King on 5th April 2006 and quit politics for ever. He took back control as caretaker PM but was never confirmed in the position by the King.

Thaksin was not in power when the coup occurred. No one was after a corruption riddled election was annulled.

Thaksin is talking about ecomonics not democracy. I think, if the translation is correct on the OP. Otherwise I wouldn't know. I used to embed alot of Thai news videos onto threads. Now I realise why people got peeved off by them. I watched a few. If you don't speak Thai fluently you can't understand a word. Now I get it!

Well, a fool such as I.

Anyhow, I still prefer Thaksin when he ran the show out here than the current government. No doubts there. And to be honest I have a bit of a crush on Yingluck. Better than have a crush of Abhisit. Or is it? Maybe a threesome then, why not? This is Thailand after all.

"I'm on top Mark"

"Thaksin is talking about ecomonics not democracy."

That figures, he stated clearly: 'I'm not interested in democracy', 'democracy is not important for Thailand.

So, yes!

Part re-post:

- Self made billionaire - not true: he went bust several times in several business ventures, then got a monopoly handed to him on a plate by a ruthless soldier, then became a billionaire from two factors: monopoly and he charged exorbitant fees, customers had no other options.

But hey maybe you could give the paymaster your wealth so he can expand his interests in blood diamonds, with employees who work in poor and disgraceful circumstances which break every known value and law ever discussed or passed in terms of human rights, would make even hitler blush.

None so blind as those that don't want to see. But don't let facts get in the way of your love affair with the devil.

Edited by scorecard

Chinese were given farang industries cos of their cheap labour....If the Chinese paid farang wages they would still be in the dark ages..

As the Chinese have to up prices the farang will do industrial stuff at home, which will be great...

Yes cheap labour but especially lack of any rules about pollution.

Now the Chinese have the most polluted cities of the world and they all live in it by millions.

For some reason the Westerners think it's OK to pollute the other side of the world and have their own population unemployed.

Chinese were given farang industries cos of their cheap labour....If the Chinese paid farang wages they would still be in the dark ages..

As the Chinese have to up prices the farang will do industrial stuff at home, which will be great...

Yes cheap labour but especially lack of any rules about pollution.

Now the Chinese have the most polluted cities of the world and they all live in it by millions.

For some reason the Westerners think it's OK to pollute the other side of the world and have their own population unemployed.

Regarding your final point: Not true.

Edited by Bluespunk

The funniest part about this is folk like 'him' are too stupid to realise that what China has achieved in the last decade or two is not sustainable, it's not sustainable on many fronts.

Anyway, maybe he can take up residence on one of those reefs they've turned into islands if he likes it so much, he's probably got a better chance of living there than in Thailand anywhere in the near future.

Thaksin was not in power when the coup occurred. No one was after a corruption riddled election was annulled.

There was however a caretaker government with very limited power.

This was led by Pol Gen Chitchai Wannasathit from 5th April until 23rd May 2006 when he resigned as caretaker PM when Thaksin took back the position of caretaker PM until 19th September 2006 when he was removed in a coup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prime_Ministers_of_Thailand

Edited by billd766

Say what you please in response but the bottom line: he's correct ( however irksome some might find it).

china steals, period. all their modern tech, land, organs, gems., WHat exactly has china achieved? do you know? no reliable news, and on the brink of civil war again. Theyh are like the locust horde. out to exploit the fertile plains. Sure, I love watching corporate rape just about as much as anyone, its fantastic feeling watching chinese renig on EVER CONTRACT EVER and everyone's surprised . But eventually you will have to decide,

The future of your family and children.

OR CHINAs money.

(do what thaksin tells you. choose money.