Aussie tourist makes a "wai" as bad as his cycling on Doi Suthep!

webfact

All the moody older expats commenting on his youtube videos are pretty entertaining. They just can't bear to see a young guy having fun in Thailand. Obviously the usual 'does he have a work permit to live here' reared it's ugly head too.

I ride my bicycle up and down Jomtien beach almost every day. There's a large group of old people that sit down in one spot near the police kiosk. When I first started I got some funny looks and the looks got funnier as I continued to do this for a year without leaving Thailand. They think it's strange that a foreigner can live here on something other than a retirement visa.

What you mistake as a funny look is senility.Ever thought of stopping?

Am I correct in saying that what these boys did warrants a fine and public humiliation when motorbikes are exempt from the law enforcement for doing the same thing?

Yes, u are , but often the people on the motorbikes are dead bah.gif ;

I saw the video a few days ago and we can clearly see that if the brakes failed on the grey pickup that ting-tong aussie should be in a urn as ashes ..

It's because of irresponsible people like him we, as cyclists, will have one day - that I don't want - interdiction to clim Doi Suthep or any other mountain roads in Thailand .

Expulse him from Thailand and blacklist him should be the best solution ..

Expel him from Thailand????

Mainly ALL driving/riding is atrocious here anyway.

Seems to me like the farang is just being milked/embarrassed for what he can.

Oh the irony.

All the moody older expats commenting on his youtube videos are pretty entertaining. They just can't bear to see a young guy having fun in Thailand. Obviously the usual 'does he have a work permit to live here' reared it's ugly head too.

having fun in Thai;land? the idiot does not know how lucky he is by surviving a bike ride on the roads of thailand? have you forgotten the olympic bikers of last year? google it! this fool thinks he can conduct himself in a usual manner on the most dangerous roads in the world! keep it up punk! will be reading about you soon splashed all over the road!

Good comment, spot on!

What a joke! Thais drive like maniacs all the time - including, routinely, against the flow of traffic - and roadside verges and ditches are littered with discarded packets of half-eaten food and other rubbish tossed from cars and motorbikes.

Who cares? Nobody - and certainly not the social media morons baying for the blood of this talented and environmentally-concerned Ozzie youngster who is being crucified for doing what millions of locals do every day with total impunity.

What sanctimonious hypocrisy!

The last straw is the Thairath twerps whingeing about the Ozzie lad's wai, given along with a profuse and public apology for his silly, over-exuberant behavior.

After a witch hunt like this, they deserve a very different kind of hand gesture.

Have we really run out of real criminals to catch. Dear police park your keister outside of my condo after dark. Bring your ticket book. Stop all the modified bikes roaring up and down before someone gets killed. Now that would impress the H out of me.

Riding his bike dangerously without giving a shit for others safety, littering and then expecting people to believe it was "just show for the video" and he went back and picked it up, using foul language and spitting on temple property.

What an hilarious young man, out enjoying himself without the slightest concern for anyone else.

Nothing to do with age. Just that most people find obnoxious <deleted> like this totally out of order.

Am I correct in saying that what these boys did warrants a fine and public humiliation when motorbikes are exempt from the law enforcement for doing the same thing?

I have never seen any Thai motor biker going up hill Doi Suthep as stupid as this farang. Even a Thai has more sameung.

Why is his face blurred? When this incident was reported last week, or was it last month - maybe - we saw a video and images of this guy without anything being blurred. Why now? Perhaps Thai Visa can explain this as they published both.

I've been greeted by Thai people worse than with this Aussie's "wai" - I then ask these Thais if they are tired. Puzzled looks; then I explain that there must be a reason, if they cannot lift their two hands to the appropriate height for a decent "wai". I never had to say it twice as it went straight to their mechanism of "preventing face loss again"!

I ride my bicycle up and down Jomtien beach almost every day. There's a large group of old people that sit down in one spot near the police kiosk. When I first started I got some funny looks and the looks got funnier as I continued to do this for a year without leaving Thailand. They think it's strange that a foreigner can live here on something other than a retirement visa.

And you wonder why people were staring at you, it didn't have anything to do with the visa thingy, trust me:

post-96609-0-42539600-1296904939.jpg

Yeah that’s me, I’m one of those old guys. Phew!!! all those years ago when I was doing cool stuff like flying on my bike on the wrong side of the road almost causing fatal accidents, filming it to promote myself as a vegan Cyclist…I miss that. So now no one else can ever have that sort of FUN in Thailand. Tow the line people or you’ll wear the wrath of my poisonous keyboard. Poor me…”my window has closed and I’m doing the best I can” - Slipknot

I'm by no means old but this guy is a tool and if that's his idea of fun he's got some serious issues. What a stain.

Yes, he is. Stupid farangs should do some research before attempting to do wais. Even better don't do wais at all. It's not even expected, as most farangs have no idea of the social implications of waiing.

first: he is not thai and should not be forced to wai

second: what about all the mini vans, trucks, motosay that do this on a daily basis & endanger other people & passengers

this whole thing is stupid, worsed that could have happend is that he got killed for his stupidity on his bike