congratulations brexit voters

The pound is still looking pretty shabby.

Major retailers will all have hedged against the drop, so it'll be a while before price increases hit the high street. But they will, for sure.

It was 45 baht to the pound when I first came here in 1994 and in the 30's in the 1980's. In any case a few less beers a week is a price well worth paying for freedom from the dictatorship of the EU.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I voted for Britain to get its democracy back from the dictatorship EU, I was aware that we would have a little down turn but we have political stability with Prime Minister May, She is proving to be a good one, Stands her ground and put Sturgeon in her place. I believe she will deliver on the Brexit.

We have many countries rushing to do trade agreements with us, It will take time but Britain will be a better place for our EU exit.

The pound will gain strength again but even before the Brexit the Bank of England was calling for a weaker pound.

As for Europe they have to get rid of the shackles of the EU.

Koun Tommy ,

Madam May , states she is not going to push any red button this year ,, if ever .??

Monsieur Hollande . will demand the UK are thrown out of the EU .

There by giving the british electorate , what they voted for .

Sooner than expected . facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Mr Mannering we are doomed . gbp @ 45,383333

Stupid boy.

Another way to look at it is we won the right to say 'I told you so'. Something I think we're going to get plenty more opportunities to exercise.

Well if you lot stopped moaning all the time we wouldnt have to keep telling you , so its done now go away and play .as for the pound being down to 45/6 its been there before and it still didnt stop us voting to leave "i told you so ."biggrin.png

Edited by i claudius

Fortunately, most Brexiteers are smarter than the Remoaners believed.

Most will buy anything of any importance before price rises and later, will simply not buy if the price is uncompetitive/unattractive. Similarly, many ensured that they had sufficient Baht in Thailand (@52 GBP/THB) to weather the pant-wetting reaction from whores in the markets). Retailers have learned in the past that Brits will simply not buy if the price is too high. It won't be long before the Euro goes to rat sh1t so there will soon be some bargains to be had.

I don't see Brexiteers worrying too much about future prices. If they do rise they could simply cash in some of their investment gains from the FTSE's outstanding performance.

Most will buy anything of any importance before price rises and later, will simply not buy if the price is uncompetitive/unattractive. Similarly, many ensured that they had sufficient Baht in Thailand (@52 GBP/THB) to weather the pant-wetting reaction from whores in the markets). Retailers have learned in the past that Brits will simply not buy if the price is too high. It won't be long before the Euro goes to rat sh1t so there will soon be some bargains to be had.

I don't see Brexiteers worrying too much about future prices. If they do rise they could simply cash in some of their investment gains from the FTSE's outstanding performance.

How does that work with food? You must have a hell of a big freezer.

All the predictions of doom haven't exactly come true, have they?

Really ,? GBP @ under 45 bht , the new norm .

Yes but we expected that,and still voted to leave, and to most Brits its of very little consequence,

We are all aware that many see it as a "price worth paying" but how many of these "its a price worth paying" does it take to become a "price that should never have been paid".

You are perfectly correct it is far too soon for currency exchange rates to have any effect on UK consumers, the consequences of that will come in due course. It would be wise to stay away from Blackpool next year.

Many major companies have already reported big losses and in the last 2 days Eurotunnel, Lufthansa and Easyjet have joined the list. Now a warning from the head of GM.

"The European division, which includes the Vauxhall brand in the UK, reported a second quarter profit of $0.1bn, its first profit in five years.

Nevertheless GM indicated cost cutting was on the cards as the effect of Brexit could cost it up to $400m.

GM did not give out specifics about where those cuts would come from. The company's chief financial officer Chuck Stevens said "everything is on the table"."

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36859263

Koun Tommy ,

Madam May , states she is not going to push any red button this year ,, if ever .??

Monsieur Hollande . will demand the UK are thrown out of the EU ...

I see no advantage for the EU to a hasty departure.
It is clear that faced with the reality the leaving leaders gradually abandon every campaign promise.
So we are moving slowly but surely towards the Norwegian model with exactly the same contribution, the same duties and also the same business benefits than others.
But without taking part in decisions.
May need time to convince Brexiters these realities. Its partners in UE are well aware. So there is a kind of role play between the accomplices responsible enabling she to save time.
The appointment of BJ smile.png Is there to calm the leaving supporters. But himself has already hinted that an identical status to Norway would be the least bad.
And I'll bet big here as the ultimate challenge for any discussions will to retain the UK's huge privelege managing the bulk of transactions at City.

Koun Tommy ,

It is clear that faced with the reality the leaving leaders gradually abandon every campaign promise.
So we are moving slowly but surely towards the Norwegian model with exactly the same contribution, the same duties and also the same business benefits than others.
May need time to convince Brexiters these realities. Its partners in UE are well aware. So there is a kind of role play between the accomplices responsible enabling she to save time.
The appointment of BJ smile.png Is there to calm the leaving supporters. But himself has already hinted that an identical status to Norway would be the least bad.
And I'll bet big here as the ultimate challenge for any discussions will to retain the UK's huge privelege managing the bulk of transactions at City.

When we understand the 'But without taking part in the decisions' as - without any control over the decisions, it is clear that the best deal Brexit can deliver is exactly the EU the Brexit campaign said we need to escape;

Brexit means Brexit, but apart from the assertion that a word means itself, there is little if any clear statement on what the political, social and trade aims of Brexit are - what the UK's relationship with the EU will be, and as you point out, a waiting game is being played.

Meanwhile the leaders of the two most powerful nations in the EU (Germany and France) have both stated that the UK shall not be given tariff free access to the EU without accepting the EU regulations on the free movement of people.

How does that work with food? You must have a hell of a big freezer.

Man does live on bread alone! Not everything one can buy/acquire is kept in a freezer and todays good tip is dont put bottles of liquid in your freezer no matter how big the freezer is!

Koun Tommy ,

When we understand the 'But without taking part in the decisions' as - without any control over the decisions, it is clear that the best deal Brexit can deliver is exactly the EU the Brexit campaign said we need to escape;

Brexit means Brexit, but apart from the assertion that a word means itself, there is little if any clear statement on what the political, social and trade aims of Brexit are - what the UK's relationship with the EU will be, and as you point out, a waiting game is being played.

Meanwhile the leaders of the two most powerful nations in the EU (Germany and France) have both stated that the UK shall not be given tariff free access to the EU without accepting the EU regulations on the free movement of people.

This is where the crunch is going to come when the tariff free access meets free movement of labour. If the EU puts up tariff barriers then we would do the same and then stop the free movement of labour seems the logical outcome. I am sure the HMG will have also noticed that this where the crunch is going to come and will have a look at what agreements have been made with other trading nations regarding tariffs and labour movements.

Koun Tommy ,

This is where the crunch is going to come when the tariff free access meets free movement of labour. If the EU puts up tariff barriers then we would do the same and then stop the free movement of labour seems the logical outcome. I am sure the HMG will have also noticed that this where the crunch is going to come and will have a look at what agreements have been made with other trading nations regarding tariffs and labour movements.

It would have been a good idea to have thought about this before making promises that Brexit would free the UK from the EU regulations on the free movement of people.

Its another Brexit promise that nobody has any idea how it can be delivered.

Koun Tommy ,

And then the French decide they're not going to let us maintain a border crossing on their territory at Calais, and we end up with the refugee camps in Dover instead.

Because that's what the voters wanted, right?

And then the French decide they're not going to let us maintain a border crossing on their territory at Calais, and we end up with the refugee camps in Dover instead.

Because that's what the voters wanted, right?

Or the UK refuses to permit them to enter the country, so they have to be returned to France. Since that would be at the transport provider's cost, the transport providers would quickly start screening people before boarding, just as airlines do now.

Incidentally, they're not "refugee camps", they're "economic migrant camps". Let's get the terminology right.

It's not over yet - no matter how much you want it to be. How about you stop whining about a perfectly reasonable debate and attempting to shut it down?

what debate? Only a couple of you on here keep going on 90% of us got what we wanted ,its over move on

It's not over yet - no matter how much you want it to be. How about you stop whining about a perfectly reasonable debate and attempting to shut it down?

what debate? Only a couple of you on here keep going on 90% of us got what we wanted ,its over move on

Here we go again, though I notivmce the claimed percentage has gone up.

If it were over May would not have delayed signing Article 50 and would be able to proclaim the UK:

Free from EU laws and regulation

Free from the EU free movement of people

Free from having to pay for tge EU

These three simple Brexit promises are nowhere in sight and all other Brexit promises have been proven as lies.

These three simple Brexit promises are nowhere in sight and all other Brexit promises have been proven as lies.

I'm not sure anybody ever suggested we'd be completely free from EU regulations. If we want to continue to trade with the EU we'll have to provide goods which meet EU standards. However, we will be freed from petty regulations such as banning fish and chips from being sold in newspaper, and even banning chippies from selling "fish and chips" - the EU mandates that the fish must be described by species.

We'll also be able to use incandescent light bulbs again, we'll be allowed to compost tea bags at will, and we'll be allowed to use powerful vacuum cleaners.

I'm not sure anybody ever suggested we'd be completely free from EU regulations. If we want to continue to trade with the EU we'll have to provide goods which meet EU standards. However, we will be freed from petty regulations such as banning fish and chips from being sold in newspaper, and even banning chippies from selling "fish and chips" - the EU mandates that the fish must be described by species.

We'll also be able to use incandescent light bulbs again, we'll be allowed to compost tea bags at will, and we'll be allowed to use powerful vacuum cleaners.

Wow. You guys really did see the voting booth as some kind of time machine, didn't you?

You won't be eating fish and chips out of newsprint again any time soon.

It would have been a good idea to have thought about this before making promises that Brexit would free the UK from the EU regulations on the free movement of people.

Its another Brexit promise that nobody has any idea how it can be delivered.

Anything is still better than we had.

It will work out satisfactorily. The main European countries have too much to lose with the existing levels of reciprocal trade. Any restrictions proposed on freedom of movement are unlikely to affect the main players.

I think you will find that we are !!

I think you will find that we are !!

I think we are wasting our time with doom(SB) and gloom(GH).

Better to stay in your happy fantasy world where brexit turns the clock back to some poorly-remembered version of the 1950s, eh?

Nice attempt at trolling (actually it wasn't, it was on par with your earlier pi55-poor attempts).

The Brexiteers are very much in the REAL world but I am now beginning to understand why you lost and continue to be losers; you only see things in black and white. Real life, the real world operates in many grey areas and this how negotiations on exit will be conducted.

For example, there will be an end to freedom of movement of people. That will mean different things to different people but it does mean pulling up the drawbridge. Malcontents liker soi biker will ask "what does that mean exactly?". The answer is that no one will know until negotiations are complete. I would like to thing that best of what happens within the system now will be retained going forward. That will be in everyone's interests. I would suggest that anyone in Europe who has a job offer (or has capital/income) will be able to move with minimal regulation.

There is more chance of the EU not folding like a deck of cards if sensible proposals from the UK are accepted without too much fuss.

Edited by Jip99

There probably won't be any restrictions on freedom of movement - you're kidding yourself if you think we'll get that concession. We barely have a leg to stand on in these negotiations, and we'll be lucky to get much at all - no matter how tough and British you think we should be.