my wifes boss is flirting with her

ghworker2010

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right, I'll go against the grain; get in there and nut him in front of all office staff! Loss of face is the correct cause of action once a Thai oversteps the mark.

Only joking. As suggested, getting missus to document everything - Line messages, suggestive comments, touching etc - and email him is the way forwards. If he persists, email him again and cc the top boss.

Another possibility is that the OP's wife may be embellishing a tad. Some women feel a need to convince their husband that other men find them attractive. Makes her more appealing in his eyes I suppose....if that's lacking in the relationship. So the OP may want to be careful not to overreact to something that may only exist in his wife's imagination.

Another possibility is that the OP's wife may be embellishing a tad. Some women feel a need to convince their husband that other men find them attractive. Makes her more appealing in his eyes I suppose....if that's lacking in the relationship. So the OP may want to be careful not to overreact to something that may only exist in his wife's imagination.

No matter what happens, the boss will not lose in thailand, especially if he's got friends who are high ranking army and police like op mentioned...

OP's missus needs to start recording (audio, maybe even video) this guy's speech whenever possible…turn on phone mic when going to discuss work with him….such oafs can't resist saying something incriminating since they think they're bulletproof.

Video recording is a bit tough but maybe she can get some trusted friends to do it whenever he is talking to her.

I know a fair number of morons who have thrown away their careers trying to molest their colleagues….why anyone would need to do that in a country where 1,000B buys you instant gratification with a pretty woman is beyond me.

Edited by JHolmesJr

Attend the next office party. Tape a cucumber to your thigh under your trousers and have your wife casually introduce you to the offending boss.

Then you can laugh at home later knowing Boss man will be having cold sweat nightmares about finally bedding your wife but, in the moment of truth, she looks up into his eyes and, in a bored tone of voice, asks, "Is it in yet?"

Sorted! laugh.png

I don't need a cucumber for that.

I think he meant the OP, unless you want to join the party...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You all do realize that the OP was just trolling right? He hasn't responded and isn't really interested in advice, just bragging about his wife and her connections.

I am shocked how many men here think it is their issue to get involved with their partner's work problems. What would you do if your wife came to your work and told your boss that he/she makes you work too hard, or demands to much from you? Or any other problem we all face every day.

Though sexual harassment is a serious issue and should be addressed, overbearing and insecure husbands shouldn't have a part in it.

I did ask my wife about it. She shrugged and said that maybe the woman likes it and if she doesn't like it, she knows that some Thai men are like that and that Thai women know very well how to deal with it.

If the story is true and the guy is really a stupid grabbing scum bag and it is in the organization already known, then I would write an anonymous letter to the personnel HR department (in thai, as computer printout and marked on behalf of the department). I would describe the situation in the department, that the mood is poor among female employees, and all are tired of his harassments.
Perhaps parallel also send a copy to the top management with the request for a rapid solution.
Usually the HR department would be active here, just with his prehistory.

If that does not work, your wife might try to have herself transferred to another department.
Good luck.

I hear these stories alot..women being harassed at work place..there's something terribly wrong with the work place ethics here..knowing very well the women are married the old farts have to make a move on them..the karoake bar small wife & the University gik or whatever it's called is just not enough..they've to destroy perfectly happy families as well..but what pisses me off is that women don't react in the right way..they should be able to stand up to their superiors in such situations..a line should be drawn & it shouldn't be crossed..

If they stand up for themselves it usually ends up in violence

We called the police before on a neighbor beating up his wife after hearing her screaming and they were not interested in getting involved...Is just a domestic issue, even if she's getting slapped around the house and screaming for help

The regular men here can control women easily without much risk of any comeback , put them in a position of power over the women and it only makes matters worse as the women are afraid to report them for perceived wrongdoing and nobody wants anyone else to lose face so they would rather ignore the problem until it eventually ends in a murder....

Families step in,eventually.A woman that lives in a nearby village got a machette through her head.Couldn't speak or walk properly for months.Her brothers "spoke" to him and now he takes care of her,no further repercussions.The therory is, if he is in jail,who is going to care for his wife.

I hear these stories alot..women being harassed at work place..there's something terribly wrong with the work place ethics here..knowing very well the women are married the old farts have to make a move on them..the karoake bar small wife & the University gik or whatever it's called is just not enough..they've to destroy perfectly happy families as well..but what pisses me off is that women don't react in the right way..they should be able to stand up to their superiors in such situations..a line should be drawn & it shouldn't be crossed..

If they stand up for themselves it usually ends up in violence

We called the police before on a neighbor beating up his wife after hearing her screaming and they were not interested in getting involved...Is just a domestic issue, even if she's getting slapped around the house and screaming for help

The regular men here can control women easily without much risk of any comeback , put them in a position of power over the women and it only makes matters worse as the women are afraid to report them for perceived wrongdoing and nobody wants anyone else to lose face so they would rather ignore the problem until it eventually ends in a murder....

Families step in,eventually.A woman that lives in a nearby village got a machette through her head.Couldn't speak or walk properly for months.Her brothers "spoke" to him and now he takes care of her,no further repercussions.The therory is, if he is in jail,who is going to care for his wife.

So that makes him what? A cut above the rest?......

Ask him over for tea and let him have it the same as you would in your home country.

There won't be 50 moto guys hiding in the closet (I promise)

Talk reasonably and firmly with all three of you there. If he denies it or thinks its a joke grab his crack and tell him you mean business.

If it makes you nervous watch a mob movie like goodfellas and step into the roll. Practice in front of a mirror before the meet.

Edited by fey

Leave it up to your wife. I am sure she can rebuff him in the Thai way.

I believe you are thinking too much into this.

Your western ways won't work here in Thailand, same as my western ways don't work, I have realised that much in my time here.

No have Western or not Western.

hjave just ONE way..

Man protects his woman.

no matter how he IT.
writing statement to the police and hire a lawyer.
Hire guys who lose their abuser.
Himself amputate fingers peasant who apparently swept gangrene and accidentally print the wrong message to the phone ..
Give women New job or stay home... Etc..
Only one question as it is customary to do in Thailand

OP, sorry to be honest now.

Would i try to intervene in such a situation, I would make me look like an idiot and my wife would be really pissed with me. She's old enough to handle such a situation and not only Thai women come into such situations.

You married her and if you really believe that he could get her in his bed, then you've married the wrong woman. Trust is the keyword. If you don't trust her, ( how else do you know what he wrote on LINE?) many things seem to fall apart.

And throwing that into an open forum doesn't make it much better. Asking a good friend, okay, but confronting so many people with such a problem that might not even be one ( only in your head) doesn't seem the solution.

It only shows that you obviously don't trust your wife. if the guy's really so unattractive and she'd sleep with him for money, you can be happy if she does.

Do you sometimes see ghosts on trees?

You seem to be very busy checking your wife's phone and maybe her belongings to see some sign of..? I don't know of what. facepalm.gif

P.S. Did you never even try to flirt with a very attractive woman since you're married? Isn't that in our nature?

Edited by lostinisaan

Ask him over for tea and let him have it the same as you would in your home country.

There won't be 50 moto guys hiding in the closet (I promise)

Talk reasonably and firmly with all three of you there. If he denies it or thinks its a joke grab his crack and tell him you mean business.

If it makes you nervous watch a mob movie like goodfellas and step into the roll. Practice in front of a mirror before the meet.

It seems that you're watching too many movies. Time to grow up. Where would somebody drink tea with a guy who maybe screws your wife?

Edited by lostinisaan

My Mrs is daily abused by a farang manager and another Farang and I asked her if I should call Thonglor Police station or the immigration department.

Her response was that she can take care herself about the situation and she prefers me not to get involved.

As for me I trust her 100% and I am sure she will handle the situation very well.

As for the OP let your Mrs take care of the situation and don't get involved.

All things good and equal - it happens unfortunately.....

I knew a gal that worked in a local Amphoe government office.....The old #1 guy was transferred out to a different governmental job because he got an office worker pregnant - he was married.....

The new guy in charge came in from another precinct....Married but made it known didn't want to be around his wife.....He promptly moved people out of an office downstairs & changed it into his apartment/boudoir....Pretty soon the office hours were expanded to a little later in the evening as were his "activities".....