Drive by Shooting in Pattaya. Taxi Drivers Target American National

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The American should get a dashcam, a phone cam hanging from a lanyard around his neck, or some other way of capturing the miscreant on video making threats or hurling abuse.

Post the footage on YouTube and let it go viral. It seems that this is the only way to prod Thai authorities into action these days.

What do the police in your home countries in cases like this? Nothing!!!

Because if it don't give a assault and witnesses who report it to the police they can't do something!!!

If your car is showing bullet strikes, it would be a case to follow........................coffee1.gif

He should report it to the army, they seem to be the guys to go to.

He could also report it to the proper 'mafia' that someone is using their name in vain.....................rolleyes.gif

i'd liken the bikie to what Chong, of Cheech'n'Chong

- scraped from the bottom of his shoe,

sniffed

and sampled from his finger...

...makes any Hell's Angel to be seen as a fine fellow by comparison

A taxi that owns a prime parking spot at Tesco. Sounds like he is a cop.

I know for a fact that some cops drive taxies and claim the best spots.

Mr Bang Bang may have even giving me a ride a few years ago from Tesco. I sat in the front seat and he let me play with his gun. Said he was a cop.

Same guy?

"I sat in the front seat and he let me play with his gun."

Bang bang is a MOTOR BIKE taxi driver smile.png

A taxi that owns a prime parking spot at Tesco. Sounds like he is a cop.

I know for a fact that some cops drive taxies and claim the best spots.

Mr Bang Bang may have even giving me a ride a few years ago from Tesco. I sat in the front seat and he let me play with his gun. Said he was a cop.

Same guy?

Only in Thailand lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Do they make nationalities of victims an important part of news stories in other nations? This should just be a story about someone threatened. I don't think nationality has any importance in this and most of these stories. Even acknowledging him as a foreigner is not necessary. This is just more typical threats and violence found in here. It is the business culture or Thainess if you like.

The reason it is important is because Thailand is a country that has discrimination against foreigners as part of its culture and laws. The victim here in this story is a foreigner and police are not doing anything to protect him despite significant witness and physical evidence. It would be a different scenario if the victim was a Thai businessman, for example. Something would be done by the police to protect a Thai victim. Many of us come from countries that have laws against racial/ethnic discrimination. Thailand has laws FOR discrimination. Such as their job laws, for one example.

As an expat, any interaction I have with Thais is drastically different if I'm by myself compared to when my Thai gf is with me.

No matter how much of the culture I know, how much of the Thai language I learn, how kind I act or how much I smile, the first thing a Thai registers when they see me is "farang" and the set of behaviors of how they treat a farang automatically begins and it is much different than how they treat a Thai under the same exact circumstances. Mistreating a farang is not frowned upon.

Sure, there are exceptions, but I'm just talking about the overall culture.

A lot of expats don't get that and they think that if they learn 50 words of Thai, that the Thais will accept them as equals. No matter what, that just isn't going to happen. They may still smile at you, but they still see you as a farang.

That equation changes when my gf accompanies me. I try to have her with me whenever I have to interact with Thais we haven't dealt with before. But if I'm going to get food from a restaurant we frequent, then I won't take her because I am now "farang with Thai gf." They are still nicer to her than me, but I really don't care.

There is an ingrained sense of entitlement in Thai culture that they can scam or mistreat a foreigner and it's okay. But it would not be okay to do the same thing to a Thai. Don't try and change it. Just accept it and learn to adapt to it.

What do the police in your home countries in cases like this? Nothing!!!

Because if it don't give a assault and witnesses who report it to the police they can't do something!!!

If your car is showing bullet strikes, it would be a case to follow........................coffee1.gif

Him have reported it and a case is open but WHO saw that bang bang shot??? Nobody??? So what the police can do?

NOTHING!!! And they know it.

Best get a dash cam on his bike, get some video of them threatening him and post it up on thai social media. Hopefully it will get enough hits to make it "viral". The Angier the better, maybe have a support camera scooter following and lay some dramatic music over it.

Seems the only way to get police to do anything these days that it has to impact Thailands image first.

Actually, there might be a good business idea there....

So the cops know this guy, they know bullet holes came from a gun....Did they think of raiding Mr.Boombang's abode to look for an unlicensed weapon to take the shit out for a while....Eeeeeeeeeeeeeer...facepalm.gif

They probably don't want bullet holes in their own cars the following night.

coffee1.gif

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in either criminal or civil liability.

Humm. Obviously assault isn't illegal in Thailand. ermm.gif

Thainess at its best !!

Actually, this is the best part:

The condo manager and Mr Short’s own Thai wife, of ten-years, have also advised him to apologize to Bang Bang and forget about the assaults and threats to his life or it will always be a ‘problem for him.’

"Bang Bang" must really be suffering from SDS. And "Thainess" demands that those who are right apologize to those who are wrong.

This same bully problem happened to me with the death threats. I was told almost the identical same thing including 'video tape' the guy and come see us. The American Embassy is useless; don't bother.

Recently it seems that posting stories like this on the internet through Thai language Facebook or a Thai language chat site (Pantip?) can get people to take notice if it gets enough reads. Of course this is an escalation and against the advice of the local police, but they may have an unprofessional private interest in keeping this quiet, and by contacting PattayaOne the publicising of the story has already begun..

I also believe, unless there is more to the beginning of this dispute than being said here, that this is a situation in which the American Embassy should be having a diplomatic word in someones ear in Bangkok as the life of one of their citizens is under threat.

Another good arguement for renting and not buying a condo. wink.png

For mine it sounds more like an argument not to buy and drive a car.

Easy target of thugs in brown, risk your life amongst crazy drivers, risk of road rage

and now risk of getting killed by nutters when parking

what next

So you reckon that's a good advert to not buy a condo here and then someone concurs that the renting of a car is a dangerous pastime here. <deleted> are you doing living here if its really considered to be that bad? I would leave.

But this can't be real, can it?whistling.gif

So many times over the years, when people bring up the local transport MAFIA and how it's impossible to improve the transport situation here because of it, we get loud noises from Thai-ier than thou apologists saying, there is no such thing. No mafia. That's just Thai bashing and sensationalism.

Oh, never mind!

Sorry for the American dude in this situation. What a nightmare.

"Despite this evidence they have advised Mr Short, an American Military Veteran, to apologize to Bang Bang and the matter would be over. Regardless of serious damage to his property, and loud & clear threats to his life, it would seem no action will be taken.

The condo manager and Mr Short’s own Thai wife, of ten-years, have also advised him to apologize to Bang Bang and forget about the assaults and threats to his life or it will always be a ‘problem for him.’

sounds like he needs to say sorry, & quietly sell his condo

As usual the police do nothing, they are waiting for the brown envelope.

I was reading yesterday about reforming the RTP well it cannot come quick enough.

The police are a total waste of time. Sack the lot of them and start afresh.

It's not going to happen. Don't hold your breath

After inspecting this case I 've concluded the following; Bang Bang must be invited to the police station where the American snd his Thai wife of 10 years will be waiting. THE AMERICAN MUDT KNEEL DOWN BEFORE BANG BANG and ASK FOR FORGIVENESS, Apologise Profoundly to Police after Bang Bang accepts his Apology.

Pay Handsome compensation to Bang Bang for all the gassles Bang Bang went through also The American is Ordered to pay Police for wasting their time.

Having settled all that The American must ask if not offer his wife to join bang bang for a drink to ensure all is sorted or just leave Thailand making sure the wife has the ATM cards and he sends her a monthly reward for saving his life.FFF