Jetstar flight from Sydney to Phuket forced to land in Bali to offload ‘disruptive’ passengers

webfact

I think if you closer at the photo's and the names you might find that one of them maybe a K1-W1 if so he may just join the list for deportation, hope so any way they should all have passports cancelled and banned for life we do do not need sh/t like them here.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the offence goes something like - 'endangering the safety of a commercial flight' which carries very heavy punishment worldwide; including a worldwide ban by all airlines on flying anywhere for a couple of years. Considering the traumatic effect their behavior would have caused to other passengers, who most certainly cannot escape, I would endorse even more radical punishment. With the increased incidence of terrorist attacks around the world the last thing we need is idiots like these on a plane to terrify innocent passengers.

If I am handed over to police, I wouldn't want it to be indonesia... and if they have a ban from flying for a few years, are they going to swim back to Australia from Bali?

oz

What a pity they didn't landed in Singapore and by lunch time they would be sentenced already to at least a year in prison.

And likely three strokes of the cane as well.

Surprisingly this is not the case.

I was on a flight to Spore and a pac got off his face and rowdy. On landing the cops came and took him off. They held him up long enough to miss his connection then let him go Scot-free.

Indonesia will just sit on them till they pay enough in bribes to get out.

Well, they were drunk before boarded the plane or during the flight.

The airline should have never allowed intoxicated people to board the plane..

Or, they served too many free drinks during the flight..

The airline is just as responsible for this incident.

Anyway, I doubt 5 individuals were actually fighting..

So, most likely, whom ever was trying to stop the fight, also got booted as well..

What a pity they didn't landed in Singapore and by lunch time they would be sentenced already to at least a year in prison.

I was on a flight to Spore and a pac got off his face and rowdy. On landing the cops came and took him off. They held him up long enough to miss his connection then let him go Scot-free.

well they landed as planned, in this case it is a different story, just the fuel cost for diverting is enough to justify suing them, and probably bali will not look at this likely... would not like to be one of them

Did well to offload them in bali, where the rest of the low class go to holiday. They could get drunk on arak gasoline and get cheap tattoos on their necks to emphasise how hard they are. And a likely brawl at the skybar ending up getting some treatment for broken jaws and eye sockets might learn them some respect in some neanderthal way, or maybe not. Im australian and year after year we are embarrassed by people like this its a national disgrace.

Why did this flight divert to Bali and not to Darwin? Bali is quite a distance beyond Darwin.

Seems odd but Bali may have been one of their designated alternate fields. From the route you can see they started their diversion well before Darwin.

//Edit - on 2nd look, perhaps the diversion is the blue path at the top left of the image in which case Bali would be closer.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/jq27#a65bc02

post-102927-0-74370700-1469093520_thumb.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Thats the problem JL Williams,,, they didnt

Maybe just ban all Australian males on International flights until they are 40. 55555

At least being in Bali they will not be alone. Thousand of the idiots there.

Thank goodness football is not that big in Oz. There would be continual riots

Australian news reports 5.

Five men are in police custody in Bali after a Jetstar plane bound for Phuket was forced to land in Bali after a wild fight broke out between five passengers.

Bradley Beecham, Brett Eldridge, Michael Matthews, Mark Rossiter and Lynmin Waharai are all in airport police custody in Bali after the captain of flight JQ27 from Sydney diverted to hand the men over to police.

oh well that's 5 that aren't going to get drunk and obnoxious in Thailand.

They should be banned from every airline in the world!

Did well to offload them in bali, where the rest of the low class go to holiday. They could get drunk on arak gasoline and get cheap tattoos on their necks to emphasise how hard they are. And a likely brawl at the skybar ending up getting some treatment for broken jaws and eye sockets might learn them some respect in some neanderthal way, or maybe not. Im australian and year after year we are embarrassed by people like this its a national disgrace.

More material for the Embassy programme?

Why did this flight divert to Bali and not to Darwin? Bali is quite a distance beyond Darwin.

Seems odd but Bali may have been one of their designated alternate fields. From the route you can see they started their diversion well before Darwin.

//Edit - on 2nd look, perhaps the diversion is the blue path at the top left of the image in which case Bali would be closer.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/jq27#a65bc02

Capture.JPG

'Designated alternates' have NOTHING to do with this diversion.

A straight line joining two points is frequently not the route planned, for more than one reason.

My guess is that the actual planned route was closer to Bali than the white line shown. Five hours out of Sydney would put the aircraft closer to Bali than Darwin, almost regardless of the planned route.

News reports that JQ will pursue them for costs, and that could be considerable, all factors considered, fuel, engine life, landing and handling costs in Bali, knock on effect over the next day or two with schedule disruption, delays, possible crew hours issues, and aircraft substitution.

I'd guess is that JQ could have a case for $20,000+. Dig deep guys. None of you look like quality citizens on $250K+.

Australian news reports 5.

Five men are in police custody in Bali after a Jetstar plane bound for Phuket was forced to land in Bali after a wild fight broke out between five passengers.

Bradley Beecham, Brett Eldridge, Michael Matthews, Mark Rossiter and Lynmin Waharai are all in airport police custody in Bali after the captain of flight JQ27 from Sydney diverted to hand the men over to police.

oh well that's 5 that aren't going to get drunk and obnoxious in Thailand.

Nope - never made it that far. Got obnoxious, possible fueled by one too many, on the plane.

Just your happy go lucky Aussie quality tourist.

I am waiting for they day they do this with non-stop crying children, together with their ignorant parents,

Well genius, pray enlighten us all on how a crying child can be silenced to your liking?

Or there again, cough up and fly business or first so you don't get put with all those little urchins.

Don't be so sure - the Indonesians do not like drunks, especially fighting drunks. Personally, I would prefer Singapore as they speak English and are not religiously against alcohol.

At the end of the day, such losers might prefer to spend a year in jail so as to have bragging rights when they get back to Oz. Much better to hit them where it really hurts, in the wallet. How about 10,000 Aussie dollars each to get them to cool their jets? or more if they are rich low-life!

My guess they will be for two weeks in jail and pay a fine of 10 million Rupiahs.

They will plead guilty and get a slap on the back. By the way alcohol is not a problem in Indonesia. In Singapore they are serious about problems on an airplane.

Aussie yobbos, most likely on their first international flight......just got themselves banned from flying for quite a while I would imagine....best thing that could happen..!

No doubt Jetstar will have a very good case for claiming costs from these idiots!

How long is a boat ride back to roo land? Isn't that how their ancestors got there?

From the 1st article by The Guardian -

The other customers on board supported the decision to offload the group in Bali and thanked the crew,

Hope the police can keep them in a dirty jail cell for a few days maybe they will learn but I dont count on it.

Nice to see an article from The Guardian here on TV anyhow, whatever its todays content it is nice to know TV admin appreciates a quality news paper like the G.

When you flow to which country did the airline diverted the flight and which airline was it?

If they don't divert the flight it surely is a slap on the back but once they divert the flight to Singapore to make a landing to get rid of the passengers they surely will prosecute.

I think you should mention to which country your flight was diverted.