What are the requirements needed to renew non immigrant o visa at the moment

3 minutes ago, ChumphonJoe said:

This was actually at the immigration office.The officer told me that they have a new program? that gets you a non o visa for around 16500 thb. Then additional 3800 thb for multiple entry. When I asked if I would not have to supply the wanted paperwork etc. she said I still have to supply everything. This might not be a non o but something else (extension?). What would you suggest, go along with them or go to an outside consulate or embassy to apply for a non o visa. I have to be careful as I live in this area and I do not want them to harass me and my family. 

If you don't have a non-o now it would be a 2 step process.

Apply for a conversion to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry for a fee of 2000 baht. You have to show 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income when you apply. Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry apply for the extension for a fee of 1900 baht. The 400k baht would have to be in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply. The multiple re-entry permit is optional. You can get a single re-entry permit for1000 baht.

If you do not have the financial proof the the 16,500 baht include that.

It is your choice how you do it

Mr Ubonjoe,

first of all, thank you for your quick reply and help. My existing non O just ran out but I still have a month left. I can show the 400K,  birth certificate (with my name on it) and paperwork from the Ampur that I have custody over my own son.

As I see it these extension fees would give me only 90 and 90 is 180 days, half year  and this would set me back about 4000 thb. Is it possible to do this twice which would mean about 8000 thb per year. Am I correct or they would not allow me to do this?

22 minutes ago, ChumphonJoe said:

Mr Ubonjoe,

first of all, thank you for your quick reply and help. My existing non O just ran out but I still have a month left. I can show the 400K,  birth certificate (with my name on it) and paperwork from the Ampur that I have custody over my own son.

As I see it these extension fees would give me only 90 and 90 is 180 days, half year  and this would set me back about 4000 thb. Is it possible to do this twice which would mean about 8000 thb per year. Am I correct or they would not allow me to do this?

You visas expiration date means nothing once your are in the country. You would be extending the 90 day entry from your non-o visa not the visa.

The extension fee of 1900 baht would be for a one year extension of stay. 

You would not be able to a apply for 90 day visa entries back to back at immigration.

2 hours ago, ChumphonJoe said:

This was actually at the immigration office.The officer told me that they have a new program? that gets you a non o visa for around 16500 thb.

This seems to cover the conversion (2000 Baht) plus extension (1900 Baht) with a markup of 12K Baht.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you do not have the financial proof the the 16,500 baht include that

So, is this "New Program" now skipping the 'agent' and faked-money in the bank, and just letting you avoid the financial requirement with a fee? 

Does this come with receipt for the full amount? 

Or is this, essentially, a more expensive variation on the, "We will do the conversion for 7K Baht" offer (reported elsewhere) - a 5K markup on just the conversion (w/no receipt for that amount), which requires the normal paperwork - and, if refused, is followed by endless new-hurdles one at a time until you give up and pretend to live in Bangkok (to use Chang Wattana) or go to a nearby-consulate for the initial Non-O?

• 7 months later...

I've been travelling in and out of Thailand for years on 90 day visa's mainly but I was married recently to a Thai national and I'm going to try to apply at Bangkok for my a 1 year extension to my Non-O visa for the first time. My visa expires March 3rd and so I assume I can apply any time within 30 days prior to the expiration date? 

I'm under 50 years of age so not at retirement visa age yet. I'm just wondering if anything is different or changed recently in 2018 to apply the extension. My concern is showing the 400,000 baht in an account for 2 months prior. I could put the money in over the next day or so but that would not meet the 2 month minimum requirement  before applying.  I do in fact have about 500,000+THB spread across 2 mutual fund accounts in Thailand with Kasikorn bank which both have passbooks to show the transactions and balances etc just like any normal bank book although I'm wondering if this will suffice as the required 400,000 THB? I've been topping these fund accounts up occasionally since 2013 which can be seen in the transaction and never needed to withdraw anything.

I also have a salary to meet the 40k/month requirement from our small Thai business but we are just in the process of setting this up and so I would rather keep the business income out of the application until I have time to ensure the business is fully setup and operating with enough Thai employees to warrant foreign work permit etc (I understand that is a separate topic but reason to leave this out of the visa application if possible to avoid any unwanted questions about the business that is being setup and number of employees etc). This is my concern really, would the Kasikorn bank fund accounts be accepted as the required money? 

Also, the immigration website shows the following is also required:

1.    An affidavit must also be submitted confirming the alien’s marital or parental status with a Thai national.

Does anyone know if this relates to a specific document from the Ampur (maybe kor 22 'proof of marriage certificate for foreigners' no older than 6 months old?) or is it maybe a declaration letter (and in this case would it need to be witnessed by a legal representative?)

I would appreciate any shared experiences or information you could share.  

17 minutes ago, NightSky said:

I've been travelling in and out of Thailand for years on 90 day visa's mainly but I was married recently to a Thai national and I'm going to try to apply at Bangkok for my a 1 year extension to my Non-O visa for the first time. My visa expires March 3rd and so I assume I can apply any time within 30 days prior to the expiration date? 

Is it your visa that is expiring or your the 90 day entry from it that is expiring? If you have a multiple entry non-o you could get a new entry prior to it expiring.

An extension of stay can be applied for at Chaeng Wattana immigration during the last 45 days of the 90 day entry from your visa.

18 minutes ago, NightSky said:

I'm under 50 years of age so not at retirement visa age yet. I'm just wondering if anything is different or changed recently in 2018 to apply the extension. My concern is showing the 400,000 baht in an account for 2 months prior. I could put the money in over the next day or so but that would not meet the 2 month minimum requirement  before applying.  I do in fact have about 500,000+THB spread across 2 mutual fund accounts in Thailand with Kasikorn bank

Nothing has changed for the requirements to apply for the extension.

A mutual fund will not be accepted by immigration. It has to be a standard savings or a fixed term account that has no restrictions on the withdrawn of the funds.

If you cannot meet the 2 month requirement for the funds to be in the bank you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife to get more time and then apply for the one year extension.

18 minutes ago, NightSky said:

An affidavit must also be submitted confirming the alien’s marital or parental status with a Thai national.

That is done when you do the application. Immigration has a template they use for it that you and your wife will sign.

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Is it your visa that is expiring or your the 90 day entry from it that is expiring? If you have a multiple entry non-o you could get a new entry prior to it expiring.

If you cannot meet the 2 month requirement for the funds to be in the bank you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife to get more time and then apply for the one year extension.

That is done when you do the application. Immigration has a template they use for it that you and your wife will sign.

Thank you UbonJoe. The 90 day Non-O visa is a single entry so I guess I will need to try to extend it for 60 days if the funds are too late to transfer from a mutual fund to a deposit account.

Do you know if that 400,000 then needs to be seen as being drawn down for living expenses each month or would I be OK to leave it where it is for another year maybe?

Thanks for the extension idea I wasn't aware I could extend a single entry? Even a 30 day extension would be welcome.

Thanks for the clarification.

16 minutes ago, NightSky said:

Thank you UbonJoe. The 90 day Non-O visa is a single entry so I guess I will need to try to extend it for 60 days if the funds are too late to transfer from a mutual fund to a deposit account.

Do you know if that 400,000 then needs to be seen as being drawn down for living expenses each month or would I be OK to leave it where it is for another year maybe?

Thanks for the extension idea I wasn't aware I could extend a single entry? Even a 30 day extension would be welcome.

It has to be in the bank for 2 months. The date the funds are deposited in the account would be the start of the 2 months.

You can leave the money in the bank for a full year if you want to. You do not have to use the funds.

There is no 30 day extension for a non immigrant visa entry. You can only apply for the 60 day extension to visit your wife.

From the police order for extensions.

2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality:
Permission shall be granted for one time and no more than 60 days.
(1) There must be proof of relationship.
(2) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto.

Thank you. So if I have understood correctly, I will be able to try to..

1. Transfer the required funds to a standard bank account ASAP to meet 2 month time requirement

2. Apply at immigration about 30 days before my entry stamp expires on the 3rd March, to extend my single entry 90 Day Non O visa based on marriage that would extend the spouse visit for hopefully another 60 days?

3. Then during the extension and 45 days prior to the extension expiring I could then apply for the 1 year extension - is this correct?

I appreciate your help!

8 minutes ago, NightSky said:

1. Transfer the required funds to a standard bank account ASAP to meet 2 month time requirement

2. Apply at immigration about 30 days before my entry stamp expires on the 3rd March, to extend my single entry 90 Day Non O visa based on marriage that would extend the spouse visit for hopefully another 60 days?

3. Then during the extension and 45 days prior to the extension expiring I could then apply for the 1 year extension - is this correct?

Yes that is correct.

The no hopefully for the 60 day extension. It will be done.

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2016 at 5:23 PM, ubonjoe said:

I assume you are apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage at your local immigration office.

Her is a general list of required documents and etc.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application.forms.

Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and your bank book.or 40k baht income.proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry (Kor Ror 22 for foreign marriages)

Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.

Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

Some offices may want witnesses when you apply.

If you actually plan on applying for a non-o visa it will depend upon which embassy or consulate you are applying at. Also are you applying for a single or multiple entry visa.

Hi dear ubonjoe .. I think you have too much knowledge for extension please help me .. So I have a non immigrant O visa taking from my country .. I have plan to extend this for one year ,, I want know what time is permitted to extend ?? This expire in June 2018 .. But I want apply for extend this in 20 may ,, 

47 minutes ago, mehrdad said:

Hi dear ubonjoe .. I think you have too much knowledge for extension please help me .. So I have a non immigrant O visa taking from my country .. I have plan to extend this for one year ,, I want know what time is permitted to extend ?? This expire in June 2018 .. But I want apply for extend this in 20 may ,, 

You can apply for the extension of stay during the last 30 days or 45 days at some offices of the 90 day entry from your visa.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the extension of stay during the last 30 days or 45 days at some offices of the 90 day entry from your visa.

Thanks too much for your respect .. For my more understanding I little explain .. I have non O multiple issued at 15 June 2017 .. Expire 14 June 2018 .. I know can go out country 13 June 2018 and apply for 90 day .. But I want extend this in 15 may 2018 .. For one year multiple non O .. Now I fill already my account book about 400k and after in 20 may want extend for more one year .. You think there is no problem or must wait to near visa expire ?? Thanks too much again for your respect .. 

4 minutes ago, mehrdad said:

You think there is no problem or must wait to near visa expire ??

You will be extending the most recent 90 day entry from your visa not the visa. 

When does your current 90 day entry end?

14 minutes ago, mehrdad said:

Sir .. Current 90 day end in 27 may 2018 

You can apply for the extension up to 30 days before that day if the 400k baht has been in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

OK so I went ahead and obtained the 90 day extension (1 time) and a couple months have passed so my 400k I withdrew from my investment account and placed in my savings account is now well matured and has increased in value as expected by a whopping...

..0%

But now I have 400k in the account and Ive almost used my 1 time 90 day extension.

I was planning to goto immigration again 30 days before the extension stamp expires (in 40 days time) but unfortunately my wife has taken quite ill and is in hospital having treatment. She will be there I am told for at least another week and I expect she will be recovering for some time.

What are the options for me now to obtain my first extention for a NON O visa for 1 year? 

Will I be able to obtaina certificate from the Doctor on behalf of my wife and go to immigration myself? Will this be accepted? Nd if they visit the house over Songkran and my wife is poorley will they be reasonable with us?

Its all come at the worst time although my wife's health is my priority but of course I do need my visa renewing to be here with her to care for her.

(did I mention my visa was originally a 90 day NON O base on marriage and I've had a one time 90 day extension when my wife visited immigration with me already. I just didnt have the 400k in the correct account before and now my wife is too ill to goto immigration).  

5 minutes ago, NightSky said:

What are the options for me now to obtain my first extention for a NON O visa for 1 year? 

I think you meant to say you got a 60 day extension of your 90 day entry.

You could wait to do the extension to allow time for your wife's health to get better. You do not have to it 30 days early. A week before your current extension ends would be enough time to do the extension and allow enough extra time to get any missing documents.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You could wait to do the extension to allow time for your wife's health to get better. You do not have to it 30 days early. A week before your current extension ends would be enough time to do the extension and allow enough extra time to get any missing documents.

Hi Ubon, thanks for the update.

Yes I did mean 60 days apologies (a lot on my mind at the moment, the wife is very ill).

I thought I had to renew it so there was 30 days remaining of stay so they can provide me with the preliminary stamp first to 'check me out' etc then I collect 30 days later.

Anyhow if that is not the case now Im hoping my wife will be well enough to come with me. My 60 day extension stamp expires first week in May so then we can goto immigration end of April as long as she is fit enough?

True or false please :-)

4 minutes ago, NightSky said:

I thought I had to renew it so there was 30 days remaining of stay so they can provide me with the preliminary stamp first to 'check me out' etc then I collect 30 days later.

When you do the extension application and it is accepted they will do a under consideration stamp with a report back date 30 days after that day that allows you to stay until the extension is approved.

4 minutes ago, NightSky said:

Anyhow if that is not the case now Im hoping my wife will be well enough to come with me. My 60 day extension stamp expires first week in May so then we can goto immigration end of April as long as she is fit enough?

Yes you can.

Hi ubonjoe,

Just to clarify a couple of things.

Due to an emergency operation for our daughter I had to use some of  the money for my 5th extension based on marriage.

So now I can just go to savannah to get a new non "O" multi and just do the 90 day reports outside Thailand

Is this correct ?

cheers

Baz

Edited by Bazt

23 minutes ago, Bazt said:

So now I can just go to savannah to get a new non "O" multi and just do the 90 day reports outside Thailand

Is this correct ?

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet without needing to show financial proof.

You have to leave the country every 90 days to get a new entry (it is not doing a 90 report).

You can also get a 60 day extension to visit your wife for each entry. 

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet without needing to show financial proof.

You have to leave the country every 90 days to get a new entry (it is not doing a 90 report).

You can also get a 60 day extension to visit your wife for each entry. 

Ok thanks

My extension is up 15th June , how long before that time can i go to Savannakhet ?

Thanks again

On 3/30/2018 at 5:15 PM, ubonjoe said:

Hi Ubon Joe,

It seems my wife may be in convalescence for some time. She is not out of the hospital yet and the doctor told me she may require treatment for some time and even when she goes home she will need weeks of home care which will take us past the deadline to extend my visa. That aside I could really do without the visa issue at the moment but its just bad timing.

When she returns home I don't want to have to have to leave her whilst I go flying off to apply for a new visa to start the process again - are there any options? Is it possible If i obtain a medical note from her doctor to care for her i could extend my visa by another 90 days? Im just trying to get the visa issue clarified so I can plan for her best care.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NightSky said:

When she returns home I don't want to have to have to leave her whilst I go flying off to apply for a new visa to start the process again - are there any options? Is it possible If i obtain a medical note from her doctor to care for her i could extend my visa by another 90 days? Im just trying to get the visa issue clarified so I can plan for her best care.

There is no 90 day extension you can get. At this point the one year extension is your only option.

You should contact your local immigration office and inform them of you wife's illness. She only needs to be at the office long enough to sign a completed statement or they might allow her to do it so you can take it with you.

Having something from the doctor would certainly help.

I will see how it goes but I don't want to put her under that stress of immigration and questioning when she is in such a delicate state. I think I will need to plan to go out the country maybe to  start the process again. if this was the case could I apply for a new NON O from a local country maybe (Laos/Penang/KL) or would it need to be from my home country in the UK?

The problem is my passport is filling up too. Are there any other options for a 90 day visa so that I can stay and take care of my wife? After that I would be able to go to the UK, renew my passport and start the Non O process again.