What are the requirements needed to renew non immigrant o visa at the moment

41 minutes ago, NightSky said:

I will see how it goes but I don't want to put her under that stress of immigration and questioning when she is in such a delicate state. I think I will need to plan to go out the country maybe to  start the process again. if this was the case could I apply for a new NON O from a local country maybe (Laos/Penang/KL) or would it need to be from my home country in the UK?

The problem is my passport is filling up too. Are there any other options for a 90 day visa so that I can stay and take care of my wife? After that I would be able to go to the UK, renew my passport and start the Non O process again.

You need to talk to immigration about the statement. They might give you one for your wife to complete so that you could go alone. 

You could get a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane or Savannakhet Laos. Penang also but you may need to show financial proof. KL wants to see 400k in the bank.

You can apply for your new passport here. You don't have to go to the UK to get one.

Thanks Ubon.

I will probably call immigration first in the coming weeks, then try to obtain a letter from my wife's doctor and take that upto Immigration a couple weeks before to see what they say. Ok I will keep you posted, thank you.

The 400k is no problem now since I have had it in the correct account for correct amount of time.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife is well enough to come with me now so I plan to complete the extension next week. 

Its been some time since I researched this and the wife's health has taken priority since then but with regards to the money in the bank, I have the money there and my bank book - do I also need a letter from the bank stating my balance? Isnt the book good enough on its own?

Also do you know what questions are asked of my wife at the interview? I have income into my Thai bank account from overseas with taxes paid overseas, will they ask any questions about it? 

38 minutes ago, NightSky said:

Its been some time since I researched this and the wife's health has taken priority since then but with regards to the money in the bank, I have the money there and my bank book - do I also need a letter from the bank stating my balance? Isnt the book good enough on its own?

Also do you know what questions are asked of my wife at the interview? I have income into my Thai bank account from overseas with taxes paid overseas, will they ask any questions about it? 

You will need a letter from the bank confirming your account and the balance in it on the date your written and copies of your updated bank book to prove the 400k baht has been the bank for 2 months.

I don't recall all the questions asked of your wife. The are just general questions. One is where your funds comes from.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need a letter from the bank confirming your account and the balance in it on the date your written and copies of your updated bank book to prove the 400k baht has been the bank for 2 months.

I don't recall all the questions asked of your wife. The are just general questions. One is where your funds comes from.

Thanks Ubon Joe,

I made it to Kasikorn bank today at 3.25pm and they had already locked the doors for 3.30pm so I was  a bit too late. I did manage to speak to a bank clerk though as he came outside to do something with the passbook machine, I said i needed a letter for account for my visa and he just gave me that 'I haven't got a clue what you are asking for ' look (I even spoke Thai to him but he gave the same look) probably because it was by now after 3.30pm. So i will go on Monday and hopefully be able to manage immigration on Monday or Tuesday too.

I hope the same documents (kor ror 2, dated January this year ) will be ok from when we did the 60 day extension back in Feb.

For the map I will just print Google Maps page and write on it. For the photos can I just print out some black and white photos or take black and white scans or do those need to be real photographs on photo paper? (We haven't 'had a photo developed for many years since the evolution of the smart phone and we moved into our recent abode just in the last couple years. We need photos from around the house?) 

I can take a photo album with us showing our holidays together from over 10 years ago but out house is new so I wont have the house photos in there.

Go back to bank early on Monday to get the letter. Immigration will certainly want it.

You should be OK for the Kor Ror  but some office want them that are no older than 30 days.

Some offices want a hand drawn may from the nearest main road. While other prefer a Google map.

Print the photos in color on plain paper. They probably will not accept black and white photos.

You only need recent photos of you and your wife in and around the house together. One must show you both with the house number shown in it.

Just to update the thread, I went to Immigration division 1 to extend my visa and they told me I had overstayed my visa by 1 day. The reason is the extension was stamped 1st May and the 90 day extension was stamped 11th may, I honestly thought these two were one of the same thing and the '1' had not printed correctly on one of the stamps. 

Apparently one of the stamps was visa extension and one of the stamps was 90 day reporting. I thought these were done at the same time at the same window but apparently that would be far too sensible, Instead I had to go to 2 separate windows to apply the extension of the visa and then another window and another queue to report my 90 day stay.

Anyhow I paid a 1 day fine of 500 THB and immigration kindly proceeded to accept my application of extension.

The bank book had to be updated again on the day of application but it was accepted. Just awaiting approval now. Thanks for all your help (Ubon!)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2018 at 7:02 AM, ubonjoe said:

Go back to bank early on Monday to get the letter. Immigration will certainly want it.

You should be OK for the Kor Ror  but some office want them that are no older than 30 days.

Some offices want a hand drawn may from the nearest main road. While other prefer a Google map.

Print the photos in color on plain paper. They probably will not accept black and white photos.

You only need recent photos of you and your wife in and around the house together. One must show you both with the house number shown in it.

Dear ubonjoe I have a question about my extension non o one year visa .. 

What reasons may not approved for permit visa extension ?? I given my document and wait for one month for approve or not approve visa ! 

9 minutes ago, mehrdad said:

Dear ubonjoe I have a question about my extension non o one year visa .. 

What reasons may not approved for permit visa extension ?? I given my document and wait for one month for approve or not approve visa ! 

The reason for them to not approve it is if they found that your were not living together as husband and wife. I don't recall that ever happening though. Disapprovals by the division headquarters are rare.

I can recall a report of immigration contacting a person because they had checked their bank balance and found all of the 400k baht had been removed. You can remove enough to live on during the approval period but not all of it.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The reason for them to not approve it is if they found that your were not living together as husband and wife. I don't recall that ever happening though. Disapprovals by the division headquarters are rare.

I can recall a report of immigration contacting a person because they had checked their bank balance and found all of the 400k baht had been removed. You can remove enough to live on during the approval period but not all of it.

Thanks a lot mate 

Just updating the thread with my application. My visa is in the 'under review period' I have to go and collect it in about 1 week and I've had no visit to check at the home as yet... ..still waiting.

It has been Song Kran holidays in the previous month though, I wonder if immigration always visit the house or sometimes don't bother? (Im in BKK)

Also, if they do visit what should I expect them to want to see and do they ask any quetions?

Edited by NightSky
added location

12 minutes ago, NightSky said:

Just updating the thread with my application. My visa is in the 'under review period' I have to go and collect it in about 1 week and I've had no visit to check at the home as yet... ..still waiting.

It has been Song Kran holidays in the previous month though, I wonder if immigration always visit the house or sometimes don't bother?

Also, if they do visit what should I expect them to want to see and do they ask any quetions?

If they have not done it yet I don't think they will be doing one. Normally would would of done it within a week or 2.

The local office can decide that it is not required. 

What you can expect varies dependent upon who is doing the visit. Some do photos and just ask few minor questions.

Thanks Ubon.. 

It was Song Kran the first few weeks following my application so maybe they decided to skip a few visits to minimize workload. I'll still keep one eye out of the window, thank you☺️

The IO office in Nonthaburi required us to go to US Embassy and get a Affidavit stating we were married and living as husband and wife at our home address. We had the Kor Ror 22 where we registered our marriage in Thailand 4 years ago. The Cpt. at the IO office said we had to have the affidavit and have it stamped from the Consular of affairs. The IO office also required us to take my letter of income from the US Embassy to the Consular of Affairs and get the stamp from their office confirming the signatures on it.

Going in the morning 24th to give it a shot early.

Edited by allen303
move

• 5 months later...

Hi Joe, my extension of stay non o based on marriage is due on the 26th november but i was hoping to be away how soon before the permitted to stay date can i apply for the extension, thank you in advance for your help.

4 minutes ago, jewell49 said:

Hi Joe, my extension of stay non o based on marriage is due on the 26th november but i was hoping to be away how soon before the permitted to stay date can i apply for the extension, thank you in advance for your help.

You an apply up to 30 days early or 45 days at some offices.

If you want to leave the country after you do the application you will have to get a re-entry permit for the under consideration period that will be valid for entry to the report back date.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You an apply up to 30 days early or 45 days at some offices.

If you want to leave the country after you do the application you will have to get a re-entry permit for the under consideration period that will be valid for entry to the report back date.

Thanks Joe

• 2 weeks later...