What are the requirements needed to renew non immigrant o visa at the moment

I assume you are apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage at your local immigration office.

Her is a general list of required documents and etc.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application.forms.

Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and your bank book.or 40k baht income.proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry (Kor Ror 22 for foreign marriages)

Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.

Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

Some offices may want witnesses when you apply.

If you actually plan on applying for a non-o visa it will depend upon which embassy or consulate you are applying at. Also are you applying for a single or multiple entry visa.

• Like 2

Hi Ubon Joe

Yes, it is an extension I am applying for at the local immigration office in the south of Thailand to enable me to continue living in my own home here with my wife. I have done it for many years but just wanted to know the latest requirements. I can fulfill all of the requirements above.

But what I am worried about is that they may deny me as I was teaching a student of an immigration officer who enquired as to whether I had a work permit (which I didn't have and now I no longer teach her daughter) So I may find on appearing at the office that they might ask me some uncomfortable questions or refuse my application. If this proves to be the case, then I was hoping you might tell me the best and correct way to obtain a new non immigrant o visa from Malaysia or Laos instead.

I appreciate your help as always

JAF

They can make it difficult to do your application but they cannot deny it without a valid reason.

You could get a single entry or multiple entry non-o visa but you will need to show the same financial proof required for the extension.

You can get a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane and you can get a single or multiple entry in Savannakhet with no financial proof.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card at the all 3 places.

You apply the morning of one day and pick it up the next afternoon.

• Like 1

Thanks UbonJoe

So a single entry would allow me to stay for one year but just do 90 day reporting at the local immigration office?

If they deny me a one month extension on Tuesday, what are my immediate options. Will I still be able to travel up to Vientiane or Laos and pay the overstay and then apply for the single entry 12 month visa ?

Thanks UbonJoe

So a single entry would allow me to stay for one year but just do 90 day reporting at the local immigration office?

If they deny me a one month extension on Tuesday, what are my immediate options. Will I still be able to travel up to Vientiane or Laos and pay the overstay and then apply for the single entry 12 month visa ?

A single entry visa only allows one 90 day entry. A multiple entry visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year. You have to leave the country every 90 days for a new entry.

If they accept your application you will get a under considerations stamp with a 30 day report back date (it is not an extension).

When does your current extension end?

You also have the option to apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

• Like 1

I have to go to the immigration office on Tuesday 26th (thats a hand written date) but my extension (the red stamp on the paper stapled into my passport) expires on the 23rd of August. I assumed this is because they wanted me to reapply before the final date of the extension.

I would prefer to have a similar extension as I have now as opposed to every 3 months having to leave the country as that is inconvenient and quite unpleasant to do when crossing the Andaman sea in the rainy season.

I have to go to the immigration office on Tuesday 26th (thats a hand written date) but my extension (the red stamp on the paper stapled into my passport) expires on the 23rd of August. I assumed this is because they wanted me to reapply before the final date of the extension.

I would prefer to have a similar extension as I have now as opposed to every 3 months having to leave the country as that is inconvenient and quite unpleasant to do when crossing the Andaman sea in the rainy season.

The slip in your passport is the date your 90 day report is due and it can be done 15 days early or up to 7 days after the report date.

You could of applied for your extension up to 30 days before your extension ends.

• Like 1

I assume you are apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage at your local immigration office.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application.forms.

Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and your bank book.or 40k baht income.proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry (Kor Ror 22 for foreign marriages)

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.

If you actually plan on applying for a non-o visa it will depend upon which embassy or consulate you are applying at. Also are you applying for a single or multiple entry visa.

Hello Ubon Joe,

Appreciate this post, and the knowledge shared on other forum topics. Can you please explain the caveat "Unless you are applying in Bangkok..." ? Will you please offer alternatives if the Bangkok process is particularly onerous? Also, if currently/temporarily living in Bangkok to obtain the wife's graduate degree, would it be possible to apply in a province where her house books are located?

Hello Ubon Joe,

Appreciate this post, and the knowledge shared on other forum topics. Can you please explain the caveat "Unless you are applying in Bangkok..." ? Will you please offer alternatives if the Bangkok process is particularly onerous? Also, if currently/temporarily living in Bangkok to obtain the wife's graduate degree, would it be possible to apply in a province where her house books are located?

It only refers to the number of TM7 forms needed. At Bangkok immigration you only need one TM7 form with the supporting documents attached at other offices you will need two forms,

Unless you are going to be in the province where her house book is for during the entire 30 day under consideration period it would be best to apply in Bangkok.

All done and dusted and it only took 4 hours. Yes 4 hours to sort everything out because they were not happy with my photo copies (all had to be portrait) but then others like my housebook had to be landscape. Also not happy with my google map and longitude and latitude bearings, had to make a computer generated map showing the shops along the way. Also not happy with my bank book copies and letter from the bank, had to get a statement from head office showing my withdrawals as well. And then we had to wait for the lady to finish her photocopying before she could print out the forms for my wife to sign.............

Forgive my french but what a load off complete <deleted>.

But its done, so thats it for another year

Thanks to UbonJoe

I have today collected a Non Immigrant O type visa from Savannakhet Consulate, having applied for it yesterday. I reported to the Consulate at 0900 hrs and a delightful girl at a table across the road opposite the consulate completed my application in duplicate for Baht 200, she also required:-

!. Photocopies of my passport including pages with Thai immigration entries

2. Photocopies of my embassy income letter

3. Photocopies of my Tabian Bahn (yellow house book) and photocopies of my wife's house book

4. Photocopies of my marriage certificate and the original

5. Several passport type photographs of myself and my wife.

6. Photocopy of my wife's I.D.

These were presented yesterday at around 1000 alongwith Baht 5000 and I was told to collect at 1400 today, which I did do. When I collected, the clerk queried my original marriage certificate as it has faded badly, she told me to take it to my local amphur for treatment. Actually, most of those applying for visas today were youngsters and probably would not have had marriage certificates so why was mine required? Forgive me raising questions here and I won't raise any more, but the whole process is so "third world" that it's best to go with the flow and accept the situation.

No photographs were required save the passport type, nor copy]ies of TM6 or Kor Ror 2, nor maps or bank details other than my embassy income letter. These items may be required at other visa centres and the caveat remains that all regulations can change overnight so plan for failure!

The Consulate opens at 0830 but only one desk was in use which meant around eighty people waiting in the hot sun for an hour. My original hope was to compete the application in one day as I think used to be possible but is no longer, still it is better to be early rather than "cut off" later. The immigration office at the Lao end of the Mukdahan/Savannakhet bridge doesn't open until 0800 hrs so don't bother getting there any earlier, they also require Baht 1500. There is plenty of accommodation in Savannakhet and the Dao Savanh does a good lunch, otherwise not a lot to see or do in S. Good Luck.

I agree, it is an incredibly archaic system that requires so much mental fortitude from both the applicant and the immigration staff. I must say that the staff at my local immigration office were nothing but polite and that I could not help feeling sorry about their inane and repetitive workload.

JAF

I have today collected a Non Immigrant O type visa from Savannakhet Consulate, having applied for it yesterday. I reported to the Consulate at 0900 hrs and a delightful girl at a table across the road opposite the consulate completed my application in duplicate for Baht 200, she also required:-

!. Photocopies of my passport including pages with Thai immigration entries

2. Photocopies of my embassy income letter

3. Photocopies of my Tabian Bahn (yellow house book) and photocopies of my wife's house book

4. Photocopies of my marriage certificate and the original

5. Several passport type photographs of myself and my wife.

6. Photocopy of my wife's I.D.

These were presented yesterday at around 1000 alongwith Baht 5000 and I was told to collect at 1400 today, which I did do. When I collected, the clerk queried my original marriage certificate as it has faded badly, she told me to take it to my local amphur for treatment. Actually, most of those applying for visas today were youngsters and probably would not have had marriage certificates so why was mine required? Forgive me raising questions here and I won't raise any more, but the whole process is so "third world" that it's best to go with the flow and accept the situation.

No photographs were required save the passport type, nor copy]ies of TM6 or Kor Ror 2, nor maps or bank details other than my embassy income letter. These items may be required at other visa centres and the caveat remains that all regulations can change overnight so plan for failure!

The Consulate opens at 0830 but only one desk was in use which meant around eighty people waiting in the hot sun for an hour. My original hope was to compete the application in one day as I think used to be possible but is no longer, still it is better to be early rather than "cut off" later. The immigration office at the Lao end of the Mukdahan/Savannakhet bridge doesn't open until 0800 hrs so don't bother getting there any earlier, they also require Baht 1500. There is plenty of accommodation in Savannakhet and the Dao Savanh does a good lunch, otherwise not a lot to see or do in S. Good Luck.

You were applying for a multiple entry non-o visa a the consulate. The topic is about applying for a one year extension of stay at an immigration office,

Looking at the list of documents you presented was more than needed to apply for the visa.

1. Only copy of the photo page was needed.

2. Not required

3. Copies of your yellow book not needed.

4. Original of marriage certificate does not need to be attached to the application. Just have it with you in case your are asked for it.

5. Only two photo of you for the application form is needed. Certainly not your wife's

• 9 months later...

Hi UbonJoe, I am a foreign female married to a Thai male. I leave Phuket tomorrow for Penang to apply for the Non-Immigrant O Visa based on marriage. Could you please confirm what documents I will need? I can not find a definitive list anywhere. Many thanks :)

7 minutes ago, jlena said:

Hi UbonJoe, I am a foreign female married to a Thai male. I leave Phuket tomorrow for Penang to apply for the Non-Immigrant O Visa based on marriage. Could you please confirm what documents I will need? I can not find a definitive list anywhere. Many thanks :)

For males they want to see 200k baht in the bank to get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage. But perhaps you will not need it since you do not need to show financial proof to get a one year extension of stay.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed copies of your husband's house book registry and ID card.

hi ubonjoe,

i recently received a Single entry non-o visa based upon having thai child.

Our tabiab baan is registered in korat while we reside in bkk.

Is it possible to extend this visa in bkk / chaeng wattana?  If so what are the requirements for this application?

5 minutes ago, edgarfriendly said:

hi ubonjoe,

i recently received a Single entry non-o visa based upon having thai child.

Our tabiab baan is registered in korat while we reside in bkk.

Is it possible to extend this visa in bkk / chaeng wattana?  If so what are the requirements for this application?

You can do an extension in Bangkok but you will need to proof or residence such a a rental agreement.

You can apply for a one year extension if you are the legal parent of your child by way of legitimization or marriage. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit you child. You will need their birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry.

8 minutes ago, edgarfriendly said:

do you know if i could extend in korat and if the requirements are the same or less?

You could do it a Korat immigration. Requirements would be about the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ubon joe 

I'm Married to a Thai male and living in Bkk 

My multi entry will expired next month and my visa stay permit will expired on July 

I still confused how to renewal my multi entry permit since this is my first time. 

Please help me 

1. Is it possible to extend my multi entry in BKK? I don't wanna go back to my country  due to the cost

2. When should I extend Multiply entry and stay permit? (Both will expired in different month) 

3. How much for the cost? 

4. How can I get 1 year stay permit? 

Im sorry for my horrible English, 

thanks 

Edited by Riadrana

44 minutes ago, Riadrana said:

Hi ubon joe 

I'm Married to a Thai male and living in Bkk 

My multi entry will expired next month and my visa stay permit will expired on July 

I still confused how to renewal my multi entry permit since this is my first time. 

Please help me 

1. Is it possible to extend my multi entry in BKK? I don't wanna go back to my country  due to the cost

2. When should I extend Multiply entry and stay permit? (Both will expired in different month) 

3. How much is the cost? 

4. How can I get 1 year stay permit? 

Im sorry for my horrible English, 

thanks 

I assume you have a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage that will expire in June and your most recent 90 day entry is expiring in July. If you were leave and re-enter the country on or before the enter before date yon the visa you could get a new 90 entry.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai during the last 45 days of your current 90 day entry at Chaeng Wattana immigration in Bangkok. The fee for the extension is 1900 baht.

Here is a general list of the required documents to apply for the extension. Note the list is mostly for a man married to a Thai lady but the supporting documents are about the same except you will not need to show financial proof since you are married to a Thai man. But your husband may need to show proof of employment. Marriage Extension Requirements.pdf

• Like 1

@ubonjoeThank you 

I have more questions

From the attached form, I need to submit 

Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry (Kor Ror 22 for

foreign marriages)

1. Do I need to certified Thai translation of my marriage certificate? (It's written in Bahasa and English)

2. how can I get this Kor Ror 22 ? 

Many thanks

Edited by Riadrana

5 minutes ago, Riadrana said:

1. Do I need to certified translation of my marriage certificate? (It's written in Bahasa and English)

2. how can I get this Kor Ror 22 ? 

You will need to have your marriage certificate legalized by your embassy, have it translated to Thai and have the translation certified by the department of consular affairs in Bangkok. Then you and your husband will have to go to a Amphoe to register your foreign marriage to get a Kor Ror 22.

Mr Ubonjoe,

I am in the process to get a Non O visa based on my thai son. I meet all the requirements and have the forms but the fee seems a bit steep (nearly 20.000 thb). This is at the local immigration office in the south, but on the immigration website a fee of 5000 thb is mentioned. Can this be explained?

2 minutes ago, ChumphonJoe said:

I am in the process to get a Non O visa based on my thai son. I meet all the requirements and have the forms but the fee seems a bit steep (nearly 20.000 thb). This is at the local immigration office in the south, but on the immigration website a fee of 5000 thb is mentioned. Can this be explained?

You apply for a non-o visa at a embassy or consulate not immigration. The 5000 baht fee is for a multiple entry non-o visa.

Who told you 20,000 baht. That sounds like an agents fee to get an extension of stay at immigration.

The fee for an extension of stay at immigration  is 1900 baht.

This was actually at the immigration office.The officer told me that they have a new program? that gets you a non o visa for around 16500 thb. Then additional 3800 thb for multiple entry. When I asked if I would not have to supply the wanted paperwork etc. she said I still have to supply everything. This might not be a non o but something else (extension?). What would you suggest, go along with them or go to an outside consulate or embassy to apply for a non o visa. I have to be careful as I live in this area and I do not want them to harass me and my family.