Vendors ordered to vacate sidewalks outside Beach Road malls

Rimmer

Vendors ordered to vacate sidewalks outside Beach Road malls

1199-n8vendors.jpg

PATTAYA:--Pattaya’s military-appointed leaders have ordered street vendors to keep their carts away from the city’s two beachfront shopping malls until they can organize a new public market.

City legal department chief Sretapol Boonsawat led regulatory officers on an inspection of Beach Road near Central Festival Pattaya Beach and Royal Garden Plaza July 13 following complaints about untidiness.

Hawkers, food vendors and cart pushers were told they are encroaching on public property by setting up shop on sidewalks and streets. They were told to pack up and not come back until a day-and-night market is established where they can sell their wares.

The vendors were threatened with 2,000-baht fines and confiscation of their carts if found in violation of the dictate.

Sretapol came to office in June with encroachment as his top priority. He was appointed by acting mayor Chanapong Sriviset who himself was appointed by the Interior Ministry after former Mayor Itthiphol Kun­plome’s term expired.

Read more:http://www.pattayamail.com/news/vendors-ordered-vacate-sidewalks-outside-beach-road-malls-142907

pattayamaillogo.png

-- Pattaya Mail 2016-07-23 footer_n.gif

I would have thought that number one priority in this area is getting rid of the jet ski mafia and ladyboy gangs.................but then again the food sellers are a much easier target whistling.gif

Certainly the officials in charge know that every vendor is paying rent to somebody like police or municipal staff.

If vendors don't pay rent on time, they get tossed immediately.

The army is systematically removing funding from their political enemies. More to come.

THis is bloody excellent news…I'm liking the general more and more.

I prefer a street vendors to parked motorbikes. Vendors keep food prices low and maintain a typical exotic image of Thailand and Asia in general. One more scratch

to the touristic image of the country .The day Pattaya will look like western cities , why will we enjoy paying a plane ticket to come here?

Western style life is non competitive in Asia. Primarily due to import taxes. Tried several upscale restaurans in Bankok . Nothing came close ( sometimes the price actually ) to what i could enjoy in Europe or South America.

I even dont know where to find top star chief like in Switzerland where our total bill was around $2500 for 4 people but definitely a unique experience. What is the plan for Pattaya actually?

Street vendor dont throw stuffs on the road ( i have never seen it , be it for Kebab pancakes ( roti ) , BBQ or orange juice makers ) but street restaurants and uneducated people ( common in Pattaya ) do

Also Pattaya does not provide enough trashcan so dirtyness is primarily due to lack of infrastructure.

Must be for some other reason

Edited by bodymassagemyfriend

If they clean up beach road I have no problems with that . But if they remove the local food vendors I also expect them to get rid of the 100's of prostitutes that are waiting for customers every night together with the ladyboys ,

These Thai citizens earn an honest living thumbsup.gif

Let them be.

What are you people like. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame on the officials and the rich snobs of Thai Visa, looking down your noses at the poor people.

Plenty of stuff more important to clean up in this town, along the side walks.

start with the motor cycle hire companies, do they own the street ?

These Thai citizens earn an honest living thumbsup.gif

Let them be.

What are you people like. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame on the officials and the rich snobs of Thai Visa, looking down your noses at the poor people.

Plenty of stuff more important to clean up in this town, along the side walks.

start with the motor cycle hire companies, do they own the street ?

The motorcycle rental companies pay municipal authorities too. Or the police own the business.

City staff or police control every square centimeter of public property and act like they personally own it.

Nobody uses it free of charge.

I've see city staff show up and rip a vendors table and goods to shreds then cart it off.

What about the joke of "public land" encroachment outside Royal Garden ?

50% of the steps are now littered with vendors selling their "rubbish".

And in front of the step, roadside, tables / chairs / drinks camper van blocking access into all directions.

Pattaya Public Image ?? Gone !!

And in front of the step, roadside, tables / chairs / drinks camper van blocking access into all directions.

They are paying somebody. The property manager, the police or mafia.

I'm very sure the "public land lease business model" is why the city staff leveled the beach road gardens, pathways, seats and cut down hundreds of trees.

They wanted a flat surface (at public expense) to lease out vendor tents. Thats a money generator, those "festivals."

Wall to wall tents, not even room to walk! So ridiculous.

Must have been 1,000 tents rented at 18,000bt. I hear. = 18 million baht. That's why the trees were savagely cut. Greedy bastards.

I havent been around, has the Army put a stop to the claustrophobic beach vendor tent festivals?

Property Manager ?

What Property Manager ?

The land I refer to is "Public Land".

Is not "Private Land",

And how you know they paying money to Police or Mafia ?

Property Manager ?

What Property Manager ?

The land I refer to is "Public Land".

Is not "Private Land",

And how you know they paying money to Police or Mafia ?

OK. Don't pop a vessel there buddy.

I don't know if the steps you refer to belong to the mall. I think they do. Therefore the manager is renting the space to them.

Anyone selling anything is paying someone.

Go try to set up a hot dog stand and see how many minutes you last before you are tossed.

Do you remember the coconut man......he was paid to walk along the beach front & make sure no coconuts fell on too a tourist head.....he would sometimes have a monkey on a chain with him that would climb up and pull down the larger ones. Others he had a very long pole........that was the days they had coconut trees all along the beach front, before they dug it up and changed it 100 times.......

Everything Changes Nothing Remains Without Change .............Buddha

Then they sacked him & got a cherry picker in to do the job....... I was quite sad about that....

n5tree-1.jpg

If they clean up beach road I have no problems with that . But if they remove the local food vendors I also expect them to get rid of the 100's of prostitutes that are waiting for customers every night together with the ladyboys ,

I understand why you might want the beach road prostitutes removed, but I must say, thankfully, they are not aggressive. I would rather see the suit tailors removed.

I would have thought that number one priority in this area is getting rid of the jet ski mafia and ladyboy gangs.................but then again the food sellers are a much easier target whistling.gif

Right , leave the vendors alone. And dont forget to include "these" motor bike lowlifes everywhere in the number one priority.

Again why anyone would put up with some of these locals in Pattaya if not for the main attraction is beyond me.

Actually I would predict that the future tourist coming to Pattaya are going to be in three groups;

1.The oblivious Mass touring Indians and Chinese and to some extent independant Koreans and Japanese

2.The ever increasing Thai populations

3 Those here for nightlife

Edited by morrobay

No, replace the local food vendors with 100s more prostitutes better looking than the norm.

I'm with you on the ladyboys, however.

Edited by JSixpack

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater: The girls are not the problem along the beach.

In two weeks they will be back,

No doubt they will try, depends a lot if the new administration has a backbone...

Maybe Pattaya has finally got a administration that is more interested in law and order than self interests.

Most impotently they must find urgently a location for Day-Night market even if only temporary until a better facility is built.