Best Business Software For Thailand

Is there a particular software that people recommend for use in thailand? Something like quick books, or some other such product that helps you run your company. Perhaps you like it because it has a thai specific pack that makes it conform to local needs, or something like that...

Hi,

It really depends upon your business needs. There are a number of standard accounting packages developed for the Thai market but you really need to ask yourself:

what do I need the software for

how many users will be using it

where is the business expected to be in two-three years time

how much do I have to invest

what benefits will the software give me

Once these types of questions have been answered it is easier to say

accpac

a++

amanda

mac

It would be for the smallest sort of company, and for somebody with v little business experience. The staff would be tiny, the number of customers and turnover not very high. Just a sort of small little shop.

It would have to be available in english. I like the look of netledger, but that seems way over budget and more than needed...

Something that is easy to use :o

Thank you for helping.

Hi,

It really depends upon your business needs. There are a number of standard accounting packages developed for the Thai market but you really need to ask yourself:

what do I need the software for

how many users will be using it

where is the business expected to be in two-three years time

how much do I have to invest

what benefits will the software give me

accpac

a++

amanda

mac

Quickbooks is pretty much the de facto standard for small business here.

I am inclined to go with QuickBooks (rather than Quicken...?)

I am not sure what extra stuff the more thai targetted software can do that would make my life, rather than my accountants, more simple.

I love the idea of having everything hosted online, though. All business data, website, customer details etc.

Is there a cheap version of that? Maybe some of the major companies provide very favourable rates for thailand?

accpac

I would disagree.

Accpac is good... but for (S)ME...

For many years, I used "Express", a thai software on MS Dos. Someone knows it ?

At the begining, it drove me crazy... But then... i've learned to deal with its limitations.

Now we use Accpac.

accpac

I would disagree.

Accpac is good... but for (S)ME...

For many years, I used "Express", a thai software on MS Dos. Someone knows it ?

At the begining, it drove me crazy... But then... i've learned to deal with its limitations.

Now we use Accpac.

The perfect solution for me, i think, would be one package that integrates customer relationship management, enterprise management, sales, inventory, enterprise management, personell..., everything! :o

I like the idea of everything being under one coherent lump of data.

oracle small business suite is something like that, but the cost...!

Are there good alternatives?

The perfect solution for me, i think, would be one package that integrates customer relationship management, enterprise management, sales, inventory, enterprise management, personell..., everything! :o

I like the idea of everything being under one coherent lump of data.

There is no perfect solution. An all in one ERP/CRM package like that will be hideously expensive and only do 50% of what you want for your business from a default install. The vendors will then try to rape you with "customisations" for your business.

There are hosted services that can probably do most of what you want. Salesforce.com is the big player in that space, I'd suggest you research or try some of the demos. Most of them are targetted at medium to large enterprise though.

Hi,

Just on the subject of Saleaforce.com - this might help some of you but my company has been talking to them and they have told us there is a 'Thai update' due out early next year.

I don't know exactly what that means because we've decided to go with another company instead - but like I said it might help someone.

Andy.

Is there a particular software that people recommend for use in thailand? Something like quick books, or some other such product that helps you run your company. Perhaps you like it because it has a thai specific pack that makes it conform to local needs, or something like that...

QuickBooks,UK version is workable in Thailland as thousands of companies are using,please go to www.thaiaccounting.com for more info.