'Crackdown on nut-selling Kaek' article in newspaper is latest example of casual racism in Thai cult

snoop1130

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The word Farang mean foreigner I dont have any big problem with it I guess if you have inferiority complex it might upset you as regards Kaeks the Thai people are right these people are like cancer they creep into your society one by one I should know we have a market near where I live it was all locals and people from surrounding counties then one Indian appeared then another then another now the whole place is full of them this is how they infiltrate our society look at Luton now for instance their lord mayor is muslim now people are not allowed to say Happy Christmas and have to abide my other muslim customs. The Thais are right nip it in the bud get them out before it gets out of their control

The word farang has become a racial term.

Try living here and understanding the language fluently before offering words of advice, as a tourist, on the Thai language.

So you're a linguist?

Lol, you obviously don't speak Thai.

You'll be saying , "jek", for a Chinese is not racist next.

I do speak Thai and spend most of my time in-country amongst Thais. All these words referring to ethnic minorities in Thailand such as Farang, Jek, Khaek, etc, can be used quite neutrally or can be used with a pejorative racist undertone. It is the complete context of the speaker, including body language, that gives the hint as to which direction the speaker is leaning. Heck up north where I spend my time, people can use the term Thai, as in "pen khon Thai" (เขาเป็นคนไทย) with a negative meaning to indicate the person is not Northern Thai, not khon muang, that is "not one of us".

I do speak Thai and spend most of my time in-country amongst Thais. All these words referring to ethnic minorities in Thailand such as Farang, Jek, Khaek, etc, can be used quite neutrally or can be used with a pejorative racist undertone. It is the complete context of the speaker, including body language, that gives the hint as to which direction the speaker is leaning. Heck up north where I spend my time, people can use the term Thai, as in "pen khon Thai" (เขาเป็นคนไทย) with a negative meaning to indicate the person is not Northern Thai, not khon muang, that is "not one of us".
Would call a Chinese man jek to his face?

The word Farang mean foreigner I dont have any big problem with it I guess if you have inferiority complex it might upset you as regards Kaeks the Thai people are right these people are like cancer they creep into your society one by one I should know we have a market near where I live it was all locals and people from surrounding counties then one Indian appeared then another then another now the whole place is full of them this is how they infiltrate our society look at Luton now for instance their lord mayor is muslim now people are not allowed to say Happy Christmas and have to abide my other muslim customs. The Thais are right nip it in the bud get them out before it gets out of their control

The word farang has become a racial term.

Try living here and understanding the language fluently before offering words of advice, as a tourist, on the Thai language.

So you're a linguist?
I work as a translator.

at the Temple this morning, we are sitting eating, after the monk had finished.

One of the elder women reaches over then stops, for the rice - looking bewildered, almost scared...

"what this - is farang?"

wife: "no it Indian"

I lean over to wife " lucky you not say it was farang- as she will insist not like it"

"why not" wife replied

"it will taste bad, like Guava"

Perhaps you should reconsider the company you keep?

Any woman reaching over into my food dish would have her dirty paws smacked.

Hopefully some folks will read and consider.

As an Indian once told me "do not trust Indians, they lie, cheat and have their own Mafia". Coming from an Indian national I take that as having a lot of truth in it. Maybe people dont like the post made saying it but I would think there is a lot of truth in it. Certainly in the Middle East the Indians operate a Mafia. I would be surprised if they are any different here in Thailand.

He has a Masters degree in Engineering and lives in LA (USA)

Edited by gandalf12