Payment for Britsh passport renewal

I'm confused as to what payment is accepted at the trendy place when renewing my passport. I've read/heard/been told to use credit/debit card (no have), bankers draft or the good old pound.

If bankers draft, who is it payable to? Or can I just pay in pounds at the counter?

Thanks in advance, sure is a hassle.

• Like 1

Not sure which website you are looking at. This one only states the following. https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y/thailand/renewing_new/adult You need to find a friend or family member with a card that will let you use it to do the payment.

"Fill in a ‘Paying by credit card or debit card’ form for each passport you’re applying for and submit it with your application. Your credit or debit card will be charged in sterling.

You can use Mastercard, Visa, Electron, Diners Club and JCB."

• Like 1

So would Bangkok bank debit be ok? I set it up for payments from paypal before. Only problem is I'm not at the same address anymore as I used when I joined.

There have been reports of Bangkok Bank debit cars not working the past but not sure about now.

Not using the same address as you used when you opened the account should not matter.

I tried to use a Bangkok Bank Visa debit card and checked with their customer service by phone first. No problem was their reply. Fast forward and I get an email from the UK saying it was declined. Used a credit card over phone and then called bangkok bank asking why and it was because my spending limit was set at 5,000 baht when I first got my card and the 48 page passport came to more than this. You can increase the card limit by phone. Hopefully someone on here can confirm that a bangkok bank debit card does work when not restrained by a low spending limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Payment is processed several days later in the UK - similar to an overseas mail order purchase.

Most Thai Debit Cards don't work with HMPO Liverpool - work on the basis that your Thai Debit Card won't work.

K Bank Web Card has worked for a few applicants.

To be sure, use a Credit Card (can be a friend's) or a UK Debit Card.

• Like 1

When I applied one and a half years ago they would not except Thai issued debit cards. Not sure if it's changed. I activated my Kasikorn card as a virtual credit card. As I mentioned on a previous thread it wasn't easy. On the the same thread I mentioned I used my SCB card as a virtual credit card for an online purchase.

Basically you can pay with a debit card, but Thai debit cards are not issued ready for oline use, you just need to set it up as a virtual credit card- one time code to activate, set limit on the amount of credit and I think time period it will be used. SCB were really helpful answered an email quickly followed up after I used it to check no fraud involved.

Get ready for fun at Trendy place- the staff member I dealt with her English wasn't great, had to talk in Thai to explain simple points- ten years worth of Thai non-o visa show I live here, she wanted me to go to the embassy and get a letter of residence, stood firm she excepted the application and said, "Problem you, you no get passport."

Get ready for fun at Trendy place- the staff member I dealt with her English wasn't great, had to talk in Thai to explain simple points- ten years worth of Thai non-o visa show I live here, she wanted me to go to the embassy and get a letter of residence, stood firm she excepted the application and said, "Problem you, you no get passport."

Better get ready then for an HMPO announcement regarding a further "improvement" to the With-It Tower Passport Renewal Experience by requiring us to obtain a certified Thai translation of our completed application form for the sole benefit and convenience of local staff members whose grasp of English is minimal!wink.png

Better get ready then for an HMPO announcement regarding a further "improvement" to the With-It Tower Passport Renewal Experience by requiring us to obtain a certified Thai translation of our completed application form for the sole benefit and convenience of local staff members whose grasp of English is minimal!wink.png

From recent reports it seems that things have improved a lot since they first started accepting passport applications at Trendy tower in 2014. I think both of you got your passports during the bad times there.

All the reports I've read seem to be good. you would think after 3 years they would've nailed it by now.

Anyway, my Thai is supreme and I've always been able to talk my way in and out of things.

The problem facing me now is finding ANYONE who can let me use their credit card to pay the poxy 5260 baht.

I'm in Latphrao...anyone?

Edited by justaphase