Police to investigate Khon Kaen mayor who stripped reporter

webfact

Police to investigate Khon Kaen mayor who stripped reporter

s2p.jpg
Image: Sanook

KHON KAEN: 00 Police are investigating the incident in which a Khon Kaen mayor stripped a reporter to his underwear in revenge for revealing details about his marriage to a teenage school girl.

It has emerged that a group of reporters and photographers were detained by the mayor and his team and given a talking to with strong language. But one Daily News man - now named as Korsit, 64 - was allegedly also stripped and photographed in his underwear.

Sanook.com said that the group of newsmen was detained for all of two hours and that cameras and phones were seized.

The official is Premsak Piayura - mayor of Ban Phai district - a former Thai Rak Thai MP. He has been pictured with a young woman and is reported to have paid a 400,000 baht dowry and a Toyota Vios to a family to marry her.

Sanook.com said that Premsak - known locally as Dr Prem - said that he was helping the family out because they were in financial trouble.

Seventeen is the minimum legal age to marry with parental consent.

Police are looking into the matter to get to the truth of what happened at the mayor's office.

Source: Sanook

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-27

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

64 Year Farang men are OK, but Thai Men not OK or what ?? bah.gifbah.gif

Thailand should bring strict law for marrying young girls by old men.....whistling.gifwhistling.gif

You're a bit of a prude and a dinosaur are you not? you think Thailand is the only country in the world where age gaps are supposed to mean something?

Try looking at the Middle East and Central Asia, where girls as young as 8-9 years old are FORCED to marry old men

This is outrageous.

Strip that mayor also - of his position.

Then prosecute him for 1. illegal detention, 2. theft (impounding cameras and phones illegally), and 3. abuse of authority.

Edited by Misterwhisper

Thailand should bring strict law for marrying young girls by old men.....whistling.gifwhistling.gif

The story is not about the age difference (it happens regularly in Thailand)

But about the abuse of power and assault on a member of the Press.

An old geezer walks into a crowded local bar brandishing a revolver yelling "Who’s been screwing my young wife?" A voice from the back of the bar shouts back, "You don’t have enough ammo, mate!"

How old is the Schoolgirl then? seems like child abuse

I've seen this story reported in multiple outlets but they never mention her age. The only thing they say is that marriage is legal in Thailand at 17 with parental consent. They don't say if she is 17 though. Only that she is a teenager.

The official is Premsak Piayura - mayor of Ban Phai district - a former Thai Rak Thai MP.

There's your explanation, an inflated sense of entitlement and absolutely no expectation of punishment for kidnaping and assault. Just doing things as he always has.

might not be legally married at all just the village thing and shacking up, so she could be 15?

She is 18, I've seen it on Television this morning, problem the old man has a wife and not divorced, he said no no, not married her, not married her.smile.png

This is outrageous.

Strip that mayor also - of his position.

Then prosecute him for 1. illegal detention, 2. theft (impounding cameras and phones illegally), and 3. abuse of authority.

You forgot to mention and sex with a minor.

What on earth took place here? How do you strip a reporter? Did he have his goons force the guy to undress? Did he threaten no more access to the mayors office, if you do not take off your clothes?

Of all the bizarre stories we have read recently, this one is perhaps the most bizarre. If this is true, this goombah needs to be removed from office tomorrow. Of course it will not happen. Will he be charged of a crime? Of course not. Mayors do not get charged with crimes. Not here.

take a leaf out of China's book. no one is above

the law.

apparently this mayor made a mockery of the legal

system by detaining reporters and stripping one of them in

revenge.

how can he possibly be a model leader?

You're a bit of a prude and a dinosaur are you not? you think Thailand is the only country in the world where age gaps are supposed to mean something?

Try looking at the Middle East and Central Asia, where girls as young as 8-9 years old are FORCED to marry old men

the age gap is strictly due to FINANCIAL GAP/midlife crisis.

each one is taking a shortcut to what they want. neither one understands the consequences. He has money because he is ...*cough-cough* a well paid town mayor. . image if he no longer is the mayor.

his money, is not him. and her personality is pretty much destroyed and will never develop., her personality is not her physical features. Find out what happened to the mayors competitors during the last election.

First the mayor marries an 11th grade student. Then he strips a reporter down to his Calvin Kleins. The cop assigned to investigate this case better have his head on a swivel. If he's not careful, he might end up handcuffed to the headboard with his butt crack smeared with Vick's VapoRub big time.

Edited by Gecko123

The official is Premsak Piayura - mayor of Ban Phai district - a former Thai Rak Thai MP.

There's your explanation, an inflated sense of entitlement and absolutely no expectation of punishment for kidnaping and assault. Just doing things as he always has.

Sadly this is true .Above and beyond moral behaviour and using a position of power to get anything he wants.Not uncommon here.

What he didnt want was the publicity,well he's got it in spades. Couple of weeks at the temple should be all thats required

I think the mayor is just stupid.

To marry a 17 year old is permitted as long the parents permit it. When I met my Mrs she was 17 years 8 months also she did told me she was 21 years which I believed until I have seen her id card. Would I marry her again? Absolutely she is the best what could have happen to me.

What I don't like about the mayor is that he stripped a member of the press and confiscated items from the journalists and for that one he needs to be punished. As he is associated to the Red shirt group in Isaan I expect him to be charged with something, however if he is not political active he might get away with it with a slap on his back.

Goodness, the disgusting displays of greed and desire and unchecked egos from supposed Buddhists.

Unbelievable. This is like a Thai going to live in U.K. and saying about David Cameron our some other MP, disgusting displays from supposed Christians.

For God's sake, the main religion is Buddhism in Thailand but not everyone practices it.