Foreigner found dead downtown Bangkok in Khlong Saen Saep

webfact

Foreigner found dead downtown in Khlong Saen Saep
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

140194.jpg
A man’s body is removed from a water intake building in Bangkok’s Lumphini subdistrict Tuesday night.

BANGKOK — The body of a male foreigner was found downtown in the Khlong Saen Saep Tuesday night.

Lumpini Police received notice at about 11:30pm on Tuesday that the body of a black man thought to between 30 and 40 was found in the filtration system of a canal water intake building in Soi Nai Lert on Wireless Road.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2016/07/27/foreigner-found-dead-downtown-khlong-saen-saep/

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-07-27

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lumpini Police received notice at about 11:30pm on Tuesday that the body of a black man thought to between 30 and 40 was found in the filtration system of a canal water---OP

Do you think this may be the start of a crack down on the Kaek Peanut sellers...............coffee1.gif

Its arotten job those guys have who collect corpses.

The bags they are carrying look more like they contain launfpdry than a body. Is it being carried out feet forward?

A black man with two phones? Is it typical for tourists to carry two phones or was this likely an African immigrant lime I see on Lower Sukh.

Is it typical for tourists to carry two phones or was this likely an African immigrant lime I see on Lower Sukh.

I carry 2 when I'm on holiday. Local SIM and home court SIM.

I'm not a fan of the dual SIM feature on my phones. Too easy to get confused at my age...

Is it typical for tourists to carry two phones or was this likely an African immigrant lime I see on Lower Sukh.

I'm not a fan of the dual SIM feature on my phones. Too easy to get confused at my age...

Ahh...good point.

I usually don't even carry one here--I let my wife field all the calls ;-)

For me, a vacation means I am not tied to a phone.

I do wonder the dead guys nationaility though.

Where is this canal that he would have fallen into?

I am familiar with the one that ran along the old paved footpath from Asok to Lumpini.

Thanks

Another field-day for the Thai Visa sleuths...?

A dead body.

Few details.

I thought this thread would have taken off.

Could the fact he was black be the reason for low interest? The thought of a Nigerian scam artist dying sure doesn't hold my interest.

Hey, wouldn't that be something is this body ties into the nigerian scam artists who allowed all that money to be confiscated yesterday?

;/)

Edited by ClutchClark

The bags they are carrying look more like they contain launfpdry than a body. Is it being carried out feet forward?

A black man with two phones? Is it typical for tourists to carry two phones or was this likely an African immigrant lime I see on Lower Sukh.

2 phones often relates to drug dealing or something of that nature. Personal phone business phone

A dead body.

Few details.

Could the fact he was black be the reason for low interest? The thought of a Nigerian scam artist dying sure doesn't hold my interest.

Hey, wouldn't that be something is this body ties into the nigerian scam artists who allowed all that money to be confiscated yesterday?

;/)

Are all blacks Nigerian scammers or drug dealers in your view, then?

Haven't you people anything better to do than speculate from your recliners?

A dead body.

Few details.

;/)

I think our budding sleuths are at a conference for budding sleuths in PyongYang, investigating new opportunities.

Ahh...good point.

I am familiar with the one that ran along the old paved footpath from Asok to Lumpini.

Thanks

Spend little time on a phone but a lot of time on the Internet.

A dead body.

Few details.

;/)

In that area, probably

Thanks

Yes, it's that canal, the one with the long-tailed boats carrying over 100 commuters.

A dead body.

Few details.

;/)

I don't know where you got that idea from.

I think some of them are pimps and some are both drug deslers and pimps.

Ahh...good point.

Thanks

Spend little time on a phone but a lot of time on the Internet.

Good one ;-)

Yeah, its no fun getting old and crippled up.

Ahh...good point.

Thanks

There you go!

Another reason to love being here...... No keys, no phone..... No fuss

White man dies and all the carpers pretend he's simply a quiet retiree or a gainfully employed expat who angered some Thai and came to a sticky end

Black man dies and all the bigots assume he's a drug dealer or a pimp

I'm beginning to see why some Thais think nothing of blowing a farang away

White man dies and all the carpers pretend he's simply a quiet retiree or a gainfully employed expat who angered some Thai and came to a sticky end

You are confused. It is not a black man that creates the concern. It is a black Nigerian man and this was quite specifically stated.

I have never had a white farang try to sell me drugs, rent me a woman or try to run a scam on me.

On the other hand, I have had seversl blacks from the African continent attempt to do all three of the above while I walk to Foodland on Lower Sukh.

Come to think of it, I have never had a white farang woman try to rent me her services here in LOS but I have yet to walk by a black African woman who has not grabbed my arm and wanted to bed me for money.

Have they ID'ed the body yet?

Any missing person's reports ?

If he is a decent farang then he should have friends concerned for his whereabouts by now, eh?

Edited by ClutchClark

You are confused. It is not a black man that creates the concern. It is a black Nigerian man and this was quite specifically stated.

I have never had a white farang try to sell me drugs, rent me a woman or try to run a scam on me.

On the other hand, I have had seversl blacks from the African continent attempt to do all three of the above while I walk to Foodland on Lower Sukh.

Come to think of it, I have never had a white farang woman try to rent me her services here in LOS but I have yet to walk by a black African woman who has not grabbed my arm and wanted to bed me for money.

If he is a decent farang then he should have friends concerned for his whereabouts by now, eh?

I may be going blind but where did it say he was Nigerian? In the article it said he had no id on him.

If so I agree with Agent Sumo.

Its probably his 'friends' that put him there.

A dead body.

Few details.

;/)

All the ones I have met plying their trade downtown Sukhumvit are, and all the ones who keep contacting me on the web are, good enough to say the chances are most of them in LOS are.